• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What would YOU like to be implemented in a Platinum rom hack?

marrom

Memer Deluxe with a side of fries
Years
  • Age 74
  • Seen Oct 7, 2017
So i've been working on a hack of pokemon platinum, and I wanted to know what do you guys want to be implemented. (i'll do my best to do it)

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 9, 2017
Gen 4 to gen 6 or up to gen 7 pokemon with their original moveset and mega evolve on battles so they back to there normal sprites again, hehhe just hoping you got some idea pal, thank you in advance

Years
Dude, I was hoping you could have an entirely new region, version variant Pokémon so you have to trade to catch ém all, version exclusive dex entries (like different dex entries on different versions). So I just really want there to be two versions of the game so you need two games to complete the Pokédex. And GBA port to come out a while after your hack is released

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
More psychic type pokémon haha. Can't find any I like in the real game o:

PokemonCoders

Gotta Cheat em All
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen today
I would love to see Mega evolution (honestly I'm a fan of Mega evolutions :D), new battle scene backgrounds and new sprites.

Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Apr 28, 2017
A new legendary pokemon (without the dragon type) being able to catch quite a few legendaries, a new evil team, an after story showing what happens to the evil team, a few changes to the region layout, a way to catch all the starters after the main story, and pokemon up to gen. 5 or 6. I know this is quite a lot, and I hope you can achieve it all

DragonCross

Rom Hacker
Years
Since DS Rom hacks are much harder to do than GBA Rom hacks,doing things like adding mega evolutions,a new region,new pokemon,and such would be quite difficult.I would suggest being able to catch Arceus,once you have all 3 legendary dragons.This might be difficult,but you might be able to do it.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 4, 2021
A GOOD AND INTERESTING STORY LINE... DIFFERANT TRAINER SPRITE (IF POSSIBLE)

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 8, 2021
I would honestly just love a good Platinum 493 hack since there really are none that have been seen thru to completion. Something with all 493 Pokemon available in the wild in their base forms along with changes to trainer, gym leader, e4, champ, rival, and team galactic rosters to make them harder and to reflect the national dex. Maybe even overworld legendary events added in.

Then of course you would have to get the National Dex right away instead of the regular dex and a bunch of Pokemon would need their evolution methods changed since it's a ROM hack and trading is difficult (maybe change Feebas's too).

Something as simple as that with maybe a few more features here and there to add some flare would be great in my book. Most of the current popular Platinum hacks have too many big changes imo.

Mortalis

[css-div="background-color:#4e9dda;text-align:cent
Years
I agree with swiftgallade46. A 493 with a more challenging playthrough; tougher gym leaders that all have 6 Pokemon, higher leveled trainers, interesting wild Pokemon at the start so you can build an actual decent team. I love fourth generation but the 493 hacks that are out now lack any kind of notable difficulty increase.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen May 19, 2022
I would most like to see coloured stats based on natures on the status screen and the B2/W2 repel system... Just these small little things (that are probably extremely difficult to implement) that would make the game so much better.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Nov 29, 2023
Maybe some Original spriting, new interesting story, mildly challenging battles, and ability to obtain all pokemon in the game(depending on whether its the same pokedex list or if there will be fakemon replacements)

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.
Years
A hack of Platinum? Hmmmmmm... well, for one I'd like to see the good quality-of-life HG/SS things. That means your Pok?mon following you and having reactions to the environment. There, I said it. That's one thing that none of the other games ever got right.

I'm not really a fan of tryhard competitive romhacks (come on, who the hraka puts a type-covering Smogon rank 6-mon competitive team on the first Gym Leader? Even with a modified wild mon distribution, at that point the player is limited to $NATIONAL_BIRD and other such cannon fodder) so I definitively do not want to see the difficulty amped up that much; but I do want to see some sort of difficulty spike that becomes more pronounced as you explore the game more, without losing balance. Raising the difficulty somewhere around 4th/5th gym or at the E4 at most makes more sense, since by that time you have access to much better catch distribution and access to items that actually help, like TMs.

Unless it is for plot reasons, in any ROMhack I expect to be able to at least catch all the normal, non-Legendary Pok?mon available in the NDex up to that gen, so if not a 493 at least a 470something in the wild (minus Starters, minus some Legendaries, minus fossils, stuff like that) kind of game.

At this point, I guess backporting some of the mechanical foundations from G5 onwards, such as upgrading the type chart with Fairy Type and , should be a given. However I don't think those could be considered an actual "requirement" considering the difficult job that it can be (adding the missing 300-something Pok?mon?) or that some things might not be able to be ported without significant changes (such as some Abilities perhaps). But at least having some things from further generations would be nice.

Other than that, it being a Platinum hack I'd like to see some things, though I do not expect them or require them, they're just niceties to have.

• Improve the saving time.
  • Easier access to TMs. If they are not made reusable like in G5 onwards, at least there should be a store where one could re-purchase / re-earn all TMs at some point before the Champion fight.
  • Some sort of leveling / balance system such as equilevel (where the level of the wild Pok?mon increases with your own, up to some threshold).
  • More double battles. Making some boss battles be double battles as well.
  • Postgame should have some actual plot rather than merely grinding in the competitive facility du jour. Perhaps grant access to new areas in some routes, or change some towns or routes as a reflection of how time has passed.
  • A sidequest at some point during the game that allows you to obtain one (or more?) of the starters from another generation.
  • Rework move tutors so that they are part of sidequests as well.
  • Rework some of the event stuff to be made into a plot or sidequest inside the game, for example the Azure Flute.
  • A sidequest that gets you access to a new location in Sinnoh that is not in the games, such as how the anime has Sinnoh-specific towns or the location of the movies (Alamos Town, Michina or something like that).
  • Basically, sidequests! Having more stuff to do with the game than the GF standard "be handholded through the plot".
  • Even if access to some Pok?mon is blocked until the postgame, evolutions should not be. That means that if Eevee is available in the first run, all of Eevee's evolutions should be reachable before the postgame.
  • Full body back sprites for Pok?mon.
  • Music! One of the coolest things in Pok?mon, it would be nice to see improved remixes of the tracks or completely new tracks allright.
  • Faster in-battle notification engine. One of the things Pok?mon still can't get right and ROMhacks can't seem to either is the problem of using a Poison attack on a foe, then a two seconds pause, having a message "The opponent is poisoned!" then waiting two more seconds then having the [PSN] icon appear on the foe then two more seconds of pause then the enemy wiggle, then two more seconds and have the enemy HP bar deplete.
  • Updating part of the game engine to put some of the status effect and special effects up to date with G5 onwards, for example it could having [PSN] not KO Pok?mon in the overworld, or upgrading moves to have their PP, power or accuracy as they have them in newer generations.
  • This goes without saying and is a standard expectation from me, but having the battles against the important Legendaries be more... larger-than-life-ish. Like, going against the members of the Creation Trio 2 vs 1 and give them the bulk, extra turns or special attacks to merit it, like the bosses in Final Fantasy games.

Back