• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Starter Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rassalon

Epic One
Years
My your fast at this you will be done before you know it!

Not working tut:
Code:
@bad = 'Bad'
@ger = 'ger'
@badger = @bad   @ger
p @badger

Years
Ok thats all fixed up now ^^
It was supposed to read:
Code:
@bad = 'Bad'
@ger = 'ger'
@badger = @bad + @ger
p @badger

Thanks for pointing it out :P
Anyways, i think my last script for today will be the Item Screen, i think it's gonna be a challenge...

Rassalon

Epic One
Years
Works now!
Also have you done the personallity quiz at the begining of the game? I was just wondering as i would not mind doing it as im very bored with very little to do nowadays.

Years
Yeh by all means do it!
I havnt done much in the way of eventing, well nothing at all because i've been scripting :/
But yeah have a go if you think you can do it, and just send me the project after you've finished :)

Years
Don't we all sometimes :)
Anyways, finished the windowskin, took a little longer because i actually had to make it lol.
Anyways, here's a little preview of it:

Spoiler:

Years
Well i'm getting all the stuff from Blue Rescue Team on my DS, and it's called Team Toolbox A and B on there so i just used that.
Remember this is a base for people to create their own mystery dungeon games so a simple edit will sort it all out :)

Rassalon

Epic One
Years
Ok, Thing is im getting my info from my PMD2 Strategy Guide (400 pages!). And in PMD2 its called a treasure bag.

Edit: In the Kit are choices like in the original or in the text box like in RMVX?

carmaniac

Where the pickle surprise at?
Years
Remember in PMD2 youare in a guild that explores places and in PMD you are a rescue team so it all depends on what one you are making it from.

Years
Hopefully, i'm gonna be able to script them like the original so they're out of the boxes, like you see in the official pokemon games.
It'll take some work, but i think i can do it :)

EDIT: You're making the event :P
Just make it how you think it should be, it'll get changed by people who download the kit anyway.

dream's-epilogue

Worthless
Years
As far as the personality test goes, can you, maybe include an optional script where you simply choose your Pokemon? Or possibly even a character creator?

Years
Hmmm, just choosing the Pokemon shouldn't be too hard, i'll add that in my To-Do list of scripts :)
Thanks for the idea!
The character creator however, would be a little more difficult, and more resource intense, as the creator of the game would have to make as many variations of one sprite as they have equipment or colours etc.
And not many people would want to sprite that much.
I can however give it a go for you :)

Years
Yeh of course, and you're spending your time making it :)
The other script will be optional.

I have to go and eat something now, i'm damn hungry lol.
I won't be back on later, as i've been on the PC since i woke up :/
But i will be back tommorow.

@mosssky - When you've finished the quiz, can you upload it and send me the link via PM? Thanks :)

dream's-epilogue

Worthless
Years
If teh creator will be too much effort, don't worry about it. There are other ways to do that.

Yes, but the test can be irritating, since a lot of people just want a certain species. Maybe afterwards, if you don't like the result, you can change your Pokemon?

Rassalon

Epic One
Years
Sure i can try and add that to the end of the quiz. My RGSS is not that good i have to use events most of the time.

Years
Heya, i said i wouldn't be back tonight but i am lol.
No update right now as i just got back from being out with my friends :P
But yea, being able to change your pokemon if you dont like it is a good feature, i always hated the way i got a machop or something :/

@mosssky - When i'm not scripting for the starterkit, i'll be writing more of the RGSS tutorials, so if you read them your RGSS will get better :D

carmaniac

Where the pickle surprise at?
Years
I'm just wondering what would happen if someone tried to do a script to make the dungeons like on MD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back