• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Official Feedback Request: Unused/underused features!

Vote for a feature if you use it regularly/don't want to see it removed

• Post icons - the little images that you pick that show up next to your thread when viewing a forum

Votes: 121 34.1%
  • "Hot threads" - the little icon next to threads when they have more than 30 posts / 300 views

Votes: 139 39.2%
  • Page breakdown - the text that says "(1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page)" next to threads (we would shorten th

Votes: 250 70.4%
  • Extra thread images - the little images that show up next to threads that show if they have attachme

Votes: 137 38.6%
  • Community links - those links at the top of most styles that say "Home" "Blogs" "Oekaki" "Chat" etc.

Votes: 136 38.3%
  • "Share This Thread" - links in threads that let you quicky post threads to facebook/twitter/other so

Votes: 59 16.6%
  • Picture albums - anything besides profile designs or hacks or "hey look at my PC screenshots!"?

Votes: 109 30.7%
  • The calendar. 'nuff said.

Votes: 64 18.0%
  • Instant messenger icons in posts

Votes: 74 20.8%
  • Youtube videos in profiles/as profile images

Votes: 148 41.7%

• Total voters

Mαтт★H.

◆Bεlιενξ»
Years
In my opinion, you should keep the "Page breakdown" function, because there might be times when you want to look back on a particular post and you wouldn't be able to access it because there's only a first and last button. I know that it might be possible to access throught editing the URL but not many people know that.

I hope this helps :)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
Okay I voted to keep page breakdown and community links and youtube videos.

Please remove post icons!

Also, phase out the stupid Oekaki for the showdown server for good please. I replaced it on Modern in the community links and I think it should be like that on all the styles.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Post icons must die in a fire. Oekaki can be demoted, nobody uses it. Post comments need notifications or else need to go. I'll come back if I have more.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
I accidentally voted for everything that I wanted to be removed instead of kept, so don't count my votes please. :> The only feature I want to stay is the calender for keeping track of birthdays. YouTube videos are useful for the Supporter profile trick, but I don't think they should stay for reasons other than that. The Community Links could be kept too, but the navigation bar has all the same links. If the PC Battle Server was added to the Community Links, I guess it would be more useful.

Last edited:

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I feel like the sharing options are really kind of pointless. I mean I don't know about anyone else, but I don't really ever share anything from here on any social media. Plus, if I wanted to, it'd just be easier to copy and paste the URL from the top of the page than to go find a share button. Post icons and the Calender are totally pointless in my opinion as well =P

And jumping on the Oekaki to get demoted from the header bandwaggon. The Showdown Server could probably go there I guess?

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
I don't really care about any of these tbh. Page breakdown is always nice though, whether it's for the pages of a thread, or pages of threads of a forum. Otherwise, don't care too much about these particular features.

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
If any one the top right links could go, "Home" could. As you can click on the PokeCommunity title on the top left and it will do the same thing.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I like page breakdown and don't want that removed. It's useful to quickly access the last page of my challenge that I updated to make sure there was nothing I missed and then move on from there to update with more sign ups etc that happened after my last update. I'm sure others feel that way when it comes to threads that need an updated first post.

I can do without the post icons. They look really stupid imo and I've never understood them.

Guy

just a guy
Years
Page breakdown, community links (I forgot to check that one. Oops!), and Youtube videos should all stay. The rest can all go as far as I'm concerned. Also, the Oekaki is so useless, I'm surprised it's still even around. Who would have guessed it outlived social groups?

Also, with the new Likes System, I find Post Comments to be irrelevant nowadays. I wouldn't miss that if it were gone too.

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
Years
The community links and page breakdown are both features that I use regularly, and would sorely miss if they were to be removed.

Personally I don't think I'd mind or even notice if the 'hot threads' were to disappear.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
To be honest, I never even knew we had a calendar till now. But it's something I was hoping we had for a while cause I was curious about who has the same birthday as me. (turns out Hiroshi Sotomura does which I find neat to share a b-day with a staff admin.) And I think we should keep the calendar cause it is useful for remembering people's birthdays. If anything, just get rid of the create events part cause I can't find a reason as why that's useful. Also keep Youtube videos in profiles definitely , community links, and page breakdowns too. I use the picture albums all the time cause it's sometime easier than going to a photo sharing site and uploading pictures so that's one thing I think must also stay.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I like the viewing users thing, that's nice :D

I think the "hot threads" thing needs to stay, its nice to easily see what popular threads are. Youtube videos and picture albums should stay. Thats just my thoughts.

Back