• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Glaceon card issue

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Ok, so to expand my holographic collection, I have been buying holographic cards from the first 2 generations, little by little. After getting the legendaries in holographic form from both generations, I started to go after the Eeveelutions. I first got Vaporeon, Jolteon and Flareon with no troubles. When I got more money saved up, I went after the remaining Eeveelutions. I got Espeon, Umbreon and Leafeon with no problem, but here's the trouble I'm having obtaining the holographic Glaceon card.

The first time was my mistake, as I wasn't paying attention to the card description and got the foil form of Glaceon instead. I was a little shocked and slightly disappointed, but then I thought I have some foils already so it wasn't a big deal after all that time and I put it away with the rest of my holographics and foils. I still wanted the holographic Glaceon, so I went searching for it once again and came across it and this time read the description and it said it was holographic. I bought it from eBay and it only took 2 days for it to arrive. To my shock again, it was in the same foil form as my previous purchase.

This is the foil form of Glaceon I keep receiving:
998336_624275234256821_1414036775_n.jpg

This is the holographic form of Glaceon I am wanting:
179098_626610330689978_1542307722_n.jpg

How hard is it to come by the holographic one I am wanting? What do I do about this situation? I don't want to keep spending money just to end up getting foils every time.

Last edited:
Years
The reverse holo is probably more common because reverse holos are less desirable than the normal holos for most collectors since the reverse holo pattern for most sets is quite boring.

You may have to opt for buying it from TrollandToad or CollectorsCache or PokeOrder for this one card.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
The reverse holo is probably more common because reverse holos are less desirable than the normal holos for most collectors since the reverse holo pattern for most sets is quite boring.

You may have to opt for buying it from TrollandToad or CollectorsCache or PokeOrder for this one card.

TrollandToad is the one who gave me the reverse holo Glaceon the second time around when I was searching again for the holographic one. This was on eBay and had the holo one as the product picture. The last time I used PokeOrder, I had to shell out $50 for a very rare card. Not sure what choices I have left now. :/

Years
Huh. It would seem TrollandToad doesn't have a "reverse foil" option for the card. Maybe get a hold of a seller on eBay before bidding on their item and ask if it's the reverse foil or the non-reverse foil version, without giving away that you want the non-reverse foil version of the card.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Huh. It would seem TrollandToad doesn't have a "reverse foil" option for the card. Maybe get a hold of a seller on eBay before bidding on their item and ask if it's the reverse foil or the non-reverse foil version, without giving away that you want the non-reverse foil version of the card.

I think I bought their last one on eBay or something. I don't bid on anything much, just straight away buying them. I will explore other options. I told myself I wouldn't use PokeOrder again after using so much cash but I might have to if it's the only other reliable site to get the Glaceon card I want.

Back