• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokemon Trainer Academy (OOC) (NEW!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Awesome, glad to be in this, but I probably won't be as active on this in terms of how fast everything else is going until the next day comes around, and I starting teaching ze children.

However, if anyone decides they want to interact with my teacher character at any point in the RP day, shoot me a VM or PM letting me know so, because there's no probable way for me to tell you'll do so by the daily wall of posts! xD

But I guess for this set of posts for the IC day, It'll be mostly the "epic journey to Professor Becker's office", filled with dangerous side adventures and getting lost multiple times.

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
Years
I generally use Teleport as a transportation device; after all, it isn't like she has a flying pokemon on her (currently). But, still, good to know.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
I was just wondering, regarding abilities are we allowed to have our pokemon have their hidden ability, or would we have to do some crazy dream world stuff for that?

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
@Lincoln West: Pokemon may have their DW abilities as if they were regular old abilities. I don't actually recall the Dream World existing in the anime as of yet, which is perhaps for the best because this way is arguably cooler.

Kid Mind

In SPACE!
Years
Wow, a lot of people joined so fast! Very awesome of course, the more the merrier! =D

And now to the thing I wanted to ask, is it possible to obtain a Pokémon egg with a Pokémon that you can't catch?

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
It sure is! I've just been talking to Yellow about this, and it's possible. I do think you need to obtain it from someone else though, such as someone selling it, or just not being able to handle another Pokémon... or maybe from a daycare. Though it -might- be possible to find it in the wild... I'm not 100% sure of the specifics of Yellow's lil' island here, but it's definitely possible :)

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
Because I see a few open spots in Suicune Dorm.

Yeaaaaaah reusing my old character. d:

Also @Egg discussion, I had a character waaaaaay back in the RP, when it had just started. Name was Kyle Walters, he was a daycare teacher, he can give you an egg if you want. He gave an egg to Nideous d:

Name: Sam Ryder

Nickname: Sam

Dorm: Suicune Dorm

Appearance: Sam is fairly tall, and rather muscular. He has blonde hair, with blue streaks added by him. His eyes are a deep blue, almost like the color of the ocean. He has big feet, but don't say that to him. He has a tan, due to staying out in the sun for all the time. He is quite athletic, explaining his muscular body. He usually wears his favorite black hoodie with a skull design, and black shorts. Other than that, it's usually clothes with dull colors, and not vibrant ones. He is quite careless, and will often be seen wearing mismatched socks, or wrong shoes. Sam also wears a dog tag, bearing his name. He wears a bracelet, which had been given to him by his father.

Personality: Sam is great big show off, and one who isn't very agreeable or friendly. He is also a huge bully, who can't sit peacefully without troubling, insulting or teasing anybody. This is all because of low self esteem, he is one who always finds flaws in his habits. He is incredibly fit and active though, regularly exercising, or reading a book. In front of the teachers, he manages to make it seem like he's the best student, but behind their backs, he is one who troubles all students. He doesn't take insults quite well though, he'll immediately counterattack and will not be at peace until he has absolutely crushed his opponents. He likes to be appreciated by others, that makes him feel proud and happy. He always hangs out with a bunch of other kids who support him.

The things he like are music and reading, and not to mention exercising. While he is quite an all rounder, he is never happy with himself, always thinking he lacks something or the other. Sam gets jealous quite easily and quickly, and will keep pushing himself further to perfect himself. He can be quite vengeful, always trying to get revenge, or bring other people down.

History: Sam belonged to a rather rich family, his father worked in Silph Co. He lived in Saffron City before the Academy. As a child, he used to travel to and fro between Saffron and Goldenrod, he is quite familiar with Johto as well. He used to be trained in the Fighting Dojo, where he used to exercise, which has made him so muscular. He used to meet all kinds of Gym Leaders in the dojo, which caused him to see what kind of great people are there in the world. He also used to visit Sabrina, the Gym Leader of Saffron, who helped him improve his mental strength, which is why he is very good at learning and observing.

As a kid, his teacher used to always push him, try to make him the best. Even when he did something good, he wasn't praised, rather told to do even better. These interactions with the teacher had a negative effect on Sam, who as he grew up, lost his self-confidence, turning him into quite a big bully.

He passed his entrance exams pretty easily, acing the tests. His practice with the leaders in the Dojo, and his mental exercises with Sabrina helped him tremendously in the tests.

Team
Species: Treecko
Nickname: Nick
Lvl: 25
Personality: Nick is quite a laid back Pokemon, he loves to fight, and mostly stays quiet among the other Pokemon. He is quite aggressive and strong though. He hasn't evolved as yet. He is quite swift and agile, able to dodge most attacks.
Moves: Quick Attack, Absorb, Leaf Storm, Focus Punch, Dig, Iron Tail

Species: Pidgeotto
Nickname: Ace
Lvl: 21
Personality: Ace is quite a lazy Pokemon, he doesn't like to fight as much as the others. He likes to sleep a lot. He likes to fly a lot too.
Moves: Aerial Ace, Fly, Steel Wing, Heat Wave, Protect, Rest

Species: Lapras
Nickname: Azure
Lvl: 20
Personality: Azure is a very gentle Pokemon, she doesn't like to fight a lot. He acts like a mother to all the Pokemon, taking care of them, and generally being nice to everybody.
Moves: Body Slam, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Surf, Dragon Pulse, Psychic

Last edited:

Kid Mind

In SPACE!
Years
@-DeepImpact-: Welcome back! And the egg thing, that would be great! But the thing is, I don't know how to pull it off...you got any idea? Also, congratulations on 1000 posts! =D

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
@-DeepImpact-: Welcome back! And the egg thing, that would be great! But the thing is, I don't know how to pull it off...you got any idea? Also, congratulations on 1000 posts! =D

I had handed one over when the kids had the class... you could approach him and request him to hand over one egg to you to do some research or something? He's a pretty nice guy though, so he'll end up giving it to you anyways.

And thanks xD

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
Time for my first team update! Woohoo!

Lincoln West

Lincoln trained his Tirtouga, Bixi, in the academy pool (+1)

Lincoln's Shieldon, Jackson, was defeated by Isaac's Torkoal, Cauldero. (+3)

The Tirtouga, Bixi, then defeated Cauldero (+2) and was defeated by Raizer (+3)

Overall - Jackson +3 and Tirtouga +6

Meaning his current line-up

Jackson (Male Shieldon) Lvl 16: Toxic, Sandstorm, Protect, Iron Head, Stealth Rock, Dig
Ability: Sturdy

Bixi (Female Tirtouga) Lvl 18: Crunch, Aqua Tail, Sandstorm, Ice Beam, Stone Edge, Iron Defense
Ability: Solid Rock

And for;

Nika Valentine

Her Shelmet, Sage, fought a wild Paras (+1)

Nika then caught that Paras, adding it to her team.

In her next post, she is receiving a Mystery Egg.

So her line-up;

Species: Joltik (Female)
Nickname(Optional): Spider
Personality: Spider is a quirky and highly curious individual, fascinated by the oddest of things and very happy to see new people, pokemon or places.
Lvl(Max 20): 20
Moves: Spider Web, Thunder Wave, Screech, Fury Cutter, Electroweb, Bug Bite
Ability: Compound Eyes

Species: Larvesta (Female)
Nickname: Eve
Personality: A very caring and affectionate pokemon, Eve enjoys cuddling up to Nika, and even other pokemon and trainers.
Lvl: 16
Moves: Ember, String Shot, Leech Life
Ability: Flame Body

Species: Shelmet (Male)
Nickname: Sage
Personality: Sage is a very grumpy pokemon, often clamping its shell/helmet closed when bothered by anything.
Lvl: 15
Moves: Leech Life, Acid, Bide, Curse
Ability: Shell Armour

Species: Paras (Female)
Nickname: n/a
Personality: Yet to be discovered.
Lvl: 15
Moves: Leech Seed, Metal Claw, Psybeam, Scratch, Stun Spore, Leech Life
Ability: Dry Skin

Species: Mystery Egg!
Nickname: Egg
Personality: It's an egg.
Lvl: It's an egg!
Moves: ...It's an egg.
Ability: Egg egg.

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years
Linc you do realize there are rules about lvls? Basically (if I remeber correctly) its 2 lvls for beating a trainers pokemon, 1 level for fainting to one. then there are some specifics with levels and what naught. since Jackson and Bixi were knocked out they get 1 level in addition to any knock outs. so it would be:

Bixi: +1+2+1=4
Jackson: +1=1

If I'm wrong then damn I gonna lose a hell of a lot more.

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
I'm pretty sure Pokémon here are supposed to gain more levels if they lose, so that it evens things out, so I dunno if what you're on about is right.

Dawn

Years
@Jasonwolf: Nooope. Lincoln's calculations are correct. A pokemon gets 2 levels /per pokemon/ it fights in a trainer battle and 1 extra level if it faints. You can also add 1 level for any training done and 1 level for wild pokemon battles up till level 45 at which point wild pokemon battles stop yielding levels unless the pokemon in question is explicitly much stronger than a normal wild pokemon (and thus uncatchable)

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years
well I don't think a wild pokemon applies, but yeah I get it now. its not knock outs but just fighting them that gets you a level. I also was getting confused by the three in the calculation since obviously the number three isn't one of the numbers in the rules (excluding the champion battles). The 2 for battling ad the 1 for getting knocked out were already added up and the 3 set me off.

anyway sorry Linc. Guess I'm lucky I didn't update yet then. since Raizer and Cauldero would get another two levels.

EDIT: I'm just gonna move thsi from the IC since its a big chunk of OOC,

ok I know you get one level for training, but since Iplain to go in depth with my training and it will go on for maybe three or four moreposts can I get 1 and 1/3 levels [(which only count for this training sessionand will not be carried over)] per post? Or should I just stick to 1 pertraining post? Because I plan on making it equivilant to a battle, but ofcourse I'm in charge of all three pokemon so knock outs are planned. By giving1 and 1/3 per post they'd get 4 or 5 levels, but of course I plan to make this really good.

Last edited:

Dawn

Years
@Jason: If your training takes 4 posts, it can give 4 levels. Each 1 level for each post spent training.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back