• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Machamp is 10,000 why?

Years
  • Age 48
  • Seen Mar 8, 2018
Hello All
Why is there a bunch of Machamp on eBay in the thousands? What is the error on it?

I have 2 of the exact card one is still in wrapper. Am I sitting on a gold mine?
Thank you

Years
Hello All
Why is there a bunch of Machamp on eBay in the thousands? What is the error on it?

I have 2 of the exact card one is still in wrapper. Am I sitting on a gold mine?
Thank you

Several people probably saw one of many videos that went into circulation in 2016 that flat out incorrectly stated the value for several cards, stating they're super valuable when they're not, and they masked it by including an actually super valuable card in their video because they figured no one who saw the video would know any better.

That's basically why. They're not worth anywhere near that much. Like at all. A better judge of prices is to filter eBay results by listings that actually sold.

Years
  • Age 48
  • Seen Mar 8, 2018
Hi Dona
I'm sorry the Machamp I was referring to was from wizards of west coast 1999. Its a hologram.
Thank you :)

Years
Hi Dona
I'm sorry the Machamp I was referring to was from wizards of west coast 1999. Its a hologram.
Thank you :)

Yeah, that's the Machamp that I'm talking about that was one of many cards that was featured in a series of videos that flat out state incorrect values for several cards, most of which were cards from the Wizards of the Coast era. It's not actually worth $10,000 or even anywhere close to it. It's worth somewhere around $10, iirc.

Years
  • Age 48
  • Seen Mar 8, 2018
Hi again
I believe what you say is true. Someone should say something on eBay. One guy paid 5000 and 7 others paid over 1000. I feel bad for them. I have some pokemon that don't look right like someone made there own version of pokemon they are probably fake. The pokemon I have I bought in a lot and most are from Japan or I think they are. Some are strange never seen anyone's like them. Looks like I got some homemade ones. Bummer.
Thank you for your help
😎😎😎😎😎😎

Years
Hi again
I believe what you say is true. Someone should say something on eBay. One guy paid 5000 and 7 others paid over 1000. I feel bad for them. I have some pokemon that don't look right like someone made there own version of pokemon they are probably fake. The pokemon I have I bought in a lot and most are from Japan or I think they are. Some are strange never seen anyone's like them. Looks like I got some homemade ones. Bummer.
Thank you for your help
😎😎😎😎😎😎

Not really a good way to spread the word on eBay.

I'm curious what those "homemade" ones look like.

Years
  • Age 48
  • Seen Mar 8, 2018
I am going to take some photos of them and put on YouTube I will send you the link after I do
Thank you

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Aug 10, 2018
They are pretty rare but definitely not the most rare first edition. Perhaps overprice, Ebay is it's own weird pricing realm.

However if they're in good condition no reason you can't make at-least $90 - $180 off them.

Back