• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokemon Lightning Yellow

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
as far as i'm aware there shouldn't be an issue with tms. is it all tms or is it certain ones, is it all pokemon affected or certain ones

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
Yeah sorry I forgot the image before I was busy with something and I was preoccupied. Here;

3Ccohcx.png

Also when I randomly spoke to Daisy Oak, she reffered to the rival as "O" even though I named him Gary.

EDIT: I think I discovered what causes the error. I stood one tile from the right when I initiated the encounter with Pikachu at the start, and somehow when the battle began the game thought I had already used a pokeball as the "last item used" button was highlighted, and it had the pokeballs necessary for use in the event listed there (I didn't use the button to access the pokeball though in case that was bad). I did the battle over from the far right tile and everything was as it should be. My only problem now is the pokeball for this event does not have the 100% catch rate.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 12, 2016
I'm getting error when trying to use potion in some battles , is there any update for it? I'm in version 1.04

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 25, 2018
Also how do you update? I try to click on the update in game, and it does nothing. And I'm still getting the error on the bug catchers in viridian forest, even after restarting the game. I wanna play but this is being a downer

Edit: Found the Updater file to download, but it's still .jar so I can't update the game

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Also how do you update? I try to click on the update in game, and it does nothing. And I'm still getting the error on the bug catchers in viridian forest, even after restarting the game. I wanna play but this is being a downer

Edit: Found the Updater file to download, but it's still .jar so I can't update the game

Run the updater, it'll then download and extract the new files, then press play once its finished

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I got this error on cycling road on the way to Fuschia City.

Script 'SpriteWindow' line 147: SystemStackError occured.

stack level too deep

i tried to go down cycling road again and it said:

Script 'Sprite_Resizer' line 278: SystemStackError occured

stack level too deep

ok, i know what the issue is and am looking for a solution, for now if you return your follower to it pokeball (using CTRL) before getting on the bike it should go through without issues

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 25, 2018
Some work, TM28 works I was able to teach Dig to Charmeleon. But surprisingly no one can learn Body Slam, or Bide. I thought Bide anyone could learn

Sorry also if this is spam. Apparently I can't fly, even though I have the vermilion city badge

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
alright, i know what the issues with the tms are, the tm list doesn't include most of the gen 1 tms, its still set for the latest. Thats easy enough to fix. I'll have a look at fly when i get home

1OO

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 22, 2016
Hello,

I created an account to firstly thank you and any involved for making this remake! You have done a magnificent job on remaking Yellow :) The memories where my friends had Pikachu on their computer and I'm with Squirtle on Gameboy Color...

Also, the play button did not function for me after updating.
-Gary's sprite is too big - only his legs shows.
-Pikachu did not fully heal up before my battle with Gary (intentional?).
-Pikachu can get a thunderstone randomly, I used it (curious) and evolved it, but then the game crashed.
-Blacking out after a loss takes me back to Prof Oak's Lab in Pallet town, while in Veridian forest.

I'm on version 16.1 of the game. I'm on Windows 10 x64, if it means anything.

Attachments

• error.png
    error.png
    16.7 KB · Views: 7
  • error 2.png
    error 2.png
    16.1 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
-Gary's sprite is too big - only his legs shows.
-Pikachu did not fully heal up before my battle with Gary (intentional?).
Both of those are fixed in the latest update

-Pikachu can get a thunderstone randomly, I used it (curious) and evolved it, but then the game crashed.
The following pokemon can pick items up, like in HG/SS. What error message?

-Blacking out after a loss takes me back to Prof Oak's Lab in Pallet town, while in Veridian forest.
Did you use the pokemon center in veridian?

I'm on version 16.1 of the game. I'm on Windows 10 x64, if it means anything.
16.1 is the essentials version, not the game version. The game version is listed below the new game/continue option

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen May 31, 2016
I used the updater and am playing the 1.06 version of the game, and it says the message when throwing a pokeball was fixed, but im still experiencing this error and everytime i try to throw one it pops up the error and then i have 1 less pokeball in my bag, and then battle continues on so i just waste any pokeballs i try throwing

1OO

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 22, 2016
Both of those are fixed in the latest update
OK

The following pokemon can pick items up, like in HG/SS. What error message?
I didn't save it, it crashed to desktop after displaying the message briefly.

Did you use the pokemon center in veridian?
I have.

16.1 is the essentials version, not the game version. The game version is listed below the new game/continue option
EDIT:

Downloading the updater separately is what caused this, I think? Because there was an updater .jav file within the main folder (C:\Users\*********\Downloads\Pokemon Lightning Yellow\PLY Release Complete\PLY Release <--- my location) while I was using the separate one I downloaded. It's still on version E16.1 ... but the Gary sprite is fixed, and I don't teleport to some black place if I fail to capture pikachu, and the trainers are there in Viridian forest. So I think it's fixed?

Thanks again for the game!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
probaby that, what you need to do is overwrite the updater thats in the folder with the new one online

Back