• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[EM] Battle Engine Upgrade (On Halt, Will undergo reboot!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 25, 2017
This is a battle engine, it doesn't touch your evolution table.

Well, it does.
When i apply to an clean Rom, the evolutions options are added to 255, where the last one are mega,revert,wishing, primal.
It also adds evolution that are covered in your emerald engine, like the evolutions in a specific map.

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
Years
Well, it does.
When i apply to an clean Rom, the evolutions options are added to 255, where the last one are mega,revert,wishing, primal.
It also adds evolution that are covered in your emerald engine, like the evolutions in a specific map.
The reason why Megas and Primals are included is...maybe they are a part of the battle system? But if you want more evolution methods, DizzyHuevo has a hacked engine that has a good portion of them included.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 25, 2017
The reason why Megas and Primals are included is...maybe they are a part of the battle system? But if you want more evolution methods, DizzyHuevo has a hacked engine that has a good portion of them included.

Well, i know that, but when i apply this engine to my expanded rom, it doesn't add those evolutions.
When i do it in a clean rom, it does.
So that's what i trying to figure it out.

PS:I retried to use first the engine and the poke expansion.The mega evolutions options are present. Well, when i try to edit some pokemon after the unknows in pge. It crashes. Even if i updated the .ini.
If i use poke expansion first and then the engine, mega evolutions options doesn't show up. In the ini there is no clue of the new evolutions.

So, where i'm wrong?
Why other people manage do it?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Sep 7, 2017
What does this error means? It's my first try by the way.
My error, I already edited the number of pokemon before I really do. But after solving it, I counter a next problem, when I play it for trial, it resets, it always does that when I choose an attack.

Attachments

• Error 63 RecordNumber.png
    Error 63 RecordNumber.png
    15.7 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 25, 2017
I have found some bugs about "power forge" and zygarde formes.

1) I don't know if it's legit but when my zygarde is knocked out, it transforms.
It doesn't full his hp and if you are not carefull, can crash your game. Infact you have to select your bag or you team to show up the sprite. Otherwise it crashes.
2)If my zygarde levels up when it's perfect form, its hp bugs, going out of the limit.

Trainer 781

I have found some bugs about "power forge" and zygarde formes.

1) I don't know if it's legit but when my zygarde is knocked out, it transforms.
It doesn't full his hp and if you are not carefull, can crash your game. Infact you have to select your bag or you team to show up the sprite. Otherwise it crashes.
2)If my zygarde levels up when it's perfect form, its hp bugs, going out of the limit.

1. Fixed!
2. Unable to reproduce. Try to reproduce this again with this update.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Sep 7, 2017
It is said to support ongoing hack EM roms, so will it be okay if I already edited it by adding Skill Link from the past thread; Or do I need to do something extra?

Trainer 781

It is said to support ongoing hack EM roms, so will it be okay if I already edited it by adding Skill Link from the past thread; Or do I need to do something extra?

I think Skill Link won't interfere. You don't need to do anything extra :D

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Sep 7, 2017
it says about path variable not being found then it goes to default one. and at last it says missing symbols, am I doing right? When I always try it, it just resets when I start to battle (zigzagoon). I'm still trying it in a clean rom.

Trainer 781

it says about path variable not being found then it goes to default one. and at last it says missing symbols, am I doing right? When I always try it, it just resets when I start to battle (zigzagoon). I'm still trying it in a clean rom.

The missing symbols message shouldn't appear. Try redownloading the latest version.

manta

★★★★★
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 2, 2024
I'm also experiencing a reset upon using any move in battle. My base ROM works perfectly fine, and is essentially clean apart from being expanded to 32MB.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Sep 7, 2017
The missing symbols message shouldn't appear. Try redownloading the latest version.

Just tried it. But it still restart. All I edited are just GEN_IV_learnset to true and Max_EV to 508, I already downloaded the latest python and the Devkit one (and the other one for the I don't know bug).

Trainer 781

Just tried it. But it still restart. All I edited are just GEN_IV_learnset to true and Max_EV to 508, I already downloaded the latest python and the Devkit one (and the other one for the I don't know bug).

Use devkit v45, later versions have some problem.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 28, 2023
Is there any way to expand pokemon evolution, but only to specific species? (Example: for eevee to have 8 evo, but others still have 5 evo) thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back