• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Pokémon Mobile Games DCC & Quick Questions

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2018
Imagine the Fast league, 2 Magikarp per fight :')

Raffy98

[color=#2d9bce][b][span="font-family: 'century got
Years
rest in peace magikarp

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
I think the Voltorb death is more of a shock than the Pidgeotto one. Probably because I had heard about the Pidgeotto one before it happened to me, while the Voltorb one was a complete surprise.

I had a crazy thought today that the unattributed dialogue in the Random Events is actually coming from the Magikarp. Like the "It might be a trap to catch a sucker" or whatever the lines actually are are all coming from the player's Magikarp.

Kitty said:
Day 2 of downloading this game and I'm getting emotionally attached to Magikarp # 12
pls send help
I'm only on #7, but I don't want to let any of my Magikarp get hurt. Even though I want to get that forced retirement achievement. :( This is a moral dilemma for the ages.

Spyro

Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2018
I mean at least someone's happy
That Pidgeotto's getting a big fish dinner

Reminds me of the time when I was mindlessly making Magikarp # 8 jump and suddenly Pidgeotto killed it rip. I didn't want to get that forced retirement at all :'( Now I'm tempted to commit mass Magikarpcide bc of the diamonds

Sadly I tried that and it seems you can only do it once :(

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
cmon Radi catch up!!!!
i'm still at the heavy league. keep almost beating it but then needing to retire my Magikarp, but thanks to the increasing passive bonus I should be able to finish it soon.

Broscouts

Joey Softpaws
Years
Just when I thought this game was going to be simple... it just gets deeper. The vast amounts of different skins for the Magikarps is impressive! Plus the brutality of your karps getting trapped.

Last edited by a moderator:

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
Just when I thought this game was going to be simple... it just gets deeper. The vast amounts of different skins for the Magikarps is impressive! Plus the brutality of your karps getting trapped.
You're embedding your videos wrong, but I assume what you're trying to do is advertise your own gameplay videos of Magikarp Jump, which is not allowed. I've removed them from all your posts so far. Please stop.

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
Nuggets are only worth 4 coins?! What kind of economy is this?!

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
Deaths don't count towards the total count of forced retirement, though. It only counts when it's in its max level and can't win or when you beat the league you're currently in.
So you're right. I made the mistake since I have the same amount of deaths as I do Magikarp that were forced to retire. (And silly me thought that they would call the deaths "forced retirements" to soften the blow.)

Coins are so easy for me to get that I don't really mind the low amount of coins received from the Nugget event. And because of that, it does feel like a waste of time.

Another simple thing that I like about this game is the little notification icon for when the training points max out again. It's adorable to see the little Magikarp at the top of my phone's screen.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
Actually, I think the deaths do count towards the forced retired achievement. My last Magikarp-Magik-got snatched by a Pidgeotto after a random encounter. I just checked now, and my forced retired number for the achievement went up by one. And the number would make sense, because I have six retired Magikarp and three forced retired Magikarp, and my current Magikarp is the tenth generation.

I should have paid more attention to how all my Magikarp ended up.

Nero

I like it.
Years
I've only gotten one shiny so far, but she won the Great League for me! That'll probably be the highlight of Magikarp Jump career until the end.

In regards to the forced retirement achievement; I've decided to avoid all of the deadly encounters completely, but I'll go for them if the Karp is still young seeing as the consequences are still small (unless they have a really good personal skill). A little gruesome letting the kiddies snuff it, but survival of the fittest after all.

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
Years
just downloaded the game and it's so addicting. gonna get back to it later once my training is recharged lol

Spyro

Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2018
Also it gives Diamonds! Its so nice

Back