PokéCommunity Daily The article workshop for PokéCommunity Daily. Pitch your ideas for PC Daily articles here.

TrollandToad.com
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #76    
Old October 14th, 2016 (2:43 PM). Edited October 14th, 2016 by tokyodrift.
tokyodrift's Avatar
tokyodrift tokyodrift is offline
✈ AIRPLANE
  • Moderator
  • Platinum Tier
  • EOEvent Organizer
  • PokéCommunity Daily
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Age: 23
Gender: Female
Nature: Sassy
Posts: 2,448
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altairis View Post
Hiya, I just need a quick cover image. I would make it myself but I don't have access to Photoshop anymore. All I really ask is that these images be included:
https://daily.pokecommunity.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/dDYQID2.png
https://daily.pokecommunity.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/UanEuld.png

Thanks!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by bobandbill View Post
- In general, generic cover images for both Pokemon Sun and Moon, and Pokemon GO! (Not both at the same time mind). Ideally these cover images will be used whenever there's no appropriate image to use in place when there's news article for them so we don't have to reuse the same ones all the time. More important for GO articles as SM news tends to involve an image or ten anyway.
Sun & Moon General Image
Spoiler:


Pokemon GO General Image
Spoiler:


something like this perhaps? or would you rather have images of the actual mascots rather than the box art? i do something similar for GO! as well.
__________________
i love you like the ocean loves silence...
Reply With Quote

Relevant Advertising!

  #77    
Old October 15th, 2016 (6:22 PM).
bobandbill's Avatar
bobandbill bobandbill is offline
shake that booty
  • Administrator
  • PokéCommunity Daily
  • Discord Moderoid
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Central Coast - Australia
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Posts: 13,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juno View Post
So I took a cursory glance at the links/descriptions provided and just did what I think fits the articles so hopefully these are okay, lol
PS is there an optimal size for cover photos I should keep in mind for the future?
Something in the 16:9 aspect ratio (e.g. 1280 by 720, or 1920 by 1080). I added some guidelines to the OP about it, but nothing's too hard and fast (even the bit about text - it certainly can be fine to include.)

Thanks for those cover images - they look great! With the Solosis and co ones, I may make a gif out of the ones you provided given the article will be out of all three.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyodrift View Post
Sun & Moon General Image
Spoiler:


Pokemon GO General Image
Spoiler:


something like this perhaps? or would you rather have images of the actual mascots rather than the box art? i do something similar for GO! as well.
Those also look great! I think the box images are fine. Something similar for GO may be good, given articles for that game tends to more often require using back-up cover articles. But there's no rush with that now.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #78    
Old October 23rd, 2016 (5:44 PM).
colours's Avatar
colours colours is online now
LOSTinmyMIND
  • Moderator
  • Platinum Tier
  • GTGet-Together Event Management
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Gender: Female
Nature: Quiet
Posts: 29,800
Need pretty graphics for my upcoming article! It's about the absence of a Dark-type Gym Leader over the generations, so feel free to use that as the foundation for your piece. n.n
__________________

If this night is not forever
At least we are together
I know I'm not alone
I know I'm not alone
Reply With Quote
  #79    
Old October 23rd, 2016 (8:00 PM).
Rivvon's Avatar
Rivvon Rivvon is offline
  • PokéCommunity Daily
  • Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: USA
Age: 24
Gender: Female
Nature: Jolly
Posts: 2,393
Quote:
Originally Posted by colours View Post
Need pretty graphics for my upcoming article! It's about the absence of a Dark-type Gym Leader over the generations, so feel free to use that as the foundation for your piece. n.n
Spoiler:

I used Karen and a mysterious Gym Leader silhouette since there have been plenty of Dark-Type Elite Four specialists. Please let me know if this is the kind of thing you were thinking of!
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #80    
Old October 31st, 2016 (4:57 AM).
gimmepie's Avatar
gimmepie gimmepie is offline
Forest's Curse
  • Moderator
  • Platinum Tier
  • EOEvent Organizer
  • PokéCommunity Daily
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Australia
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Mild
Posts: 16,164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivvon View Post
Boo
Hello Rivvon xD

Could you please make a Make-a-Mega cover for Mega Arcanine?

__________________
 
PHANTUMP

Reply With Quote
  #81    
Old October 31st, 2016 (9:44 AM).
Christos's Avatar
Christos Christos is offline
  • Moderator
  • Battle Server Staff
  • Platinum Tier
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Gender: Male
Nature: Serious
Posts: 6,402
Could someone make a cover for the ROM Hacking Daily article? It's sort of like a newsletter, so anything with newsletters, newspapers, code, zeroes and ones, pokémon game screenshots or regions would do.
__________________

A Pokemon that is discriminated!
Support squirtle and make it everyone's favourite.
Reply With Quote
  #82    
Old November 2nd, 2016 (6:01 PM). Edited November 2nd, 2016 by tokyodrift.
tokyodrift's Avatar
tokyodrift tokyodrift is offline
✈ AIRPLANE
  • Moderator
  • Platinum Tier
  • EOEvent Organizer
  • PokéCommunity Daily
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Age: 23
Gender: Female
Nature: Sassy
Posts: 2,448
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christos View Post
Could someone make a cover for the ROM Hacking Daily article? It's sort of like a newsletter, so anything with newsletters, newspapers, code, zeroes and ones, pokémon game screenshots or regions would do.
how's this?

__________________
i love you like the ocean loves silence...
Reply With Quote
  #83    
Old November 3rd, 2016 (3:44 AM).
Christos's Avatar
Christos Christos is offline
  • Moderator
  • Battle Server Staff
  • Platinum Tier
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Gender: Male
Nature: Serious
Posts: 6,402
Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyodrift View Post
how's this?

That's too big and has too much in it. I really like the logo, though! Could you make something smaller with just 'ROM Hacking Daily' and maybe some code and screenshots for the background? Thank you!
__________________

A Pokemon that is discriminated!
Support squirtle and make it everyone's favourite.
Reply With Quote
  #84    
Old November 3rd, 2016 (3:43 PM).
tokyodrift's Avatar
tokyodrift tokyodrift is offline
✈ AIRPLANE
  • Moderator
  • Platinum Tier
  • EOEvent Organizer
  • PokéCommunity Daily
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Age: 23
Gender: Female
Nature: Sassy
Posts: 2,448
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christos View Post
That's too big and has too much in it. I really like the logo, though! Could you make something smaller with just 'ROM Hacking Daily' and maybe some code and screenshots for the background? Thank you!
Spoiler:




took a more simplistic route. the first, the code in the background is less visible. the second makes it a bit more. hope this is small enough!
__________________
i love you like the ocean loves silence...
Reply With Quote
  #85    
Old November 4th, 2016 (12:37 PM).
Rivvon's Avatar
Rivvon Rivvon is offline
  • PokéCommunity Daily
  • Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: USA
Age: 24
Gender: Female
Nature: Jolly
Posts: 2,393
Quote:
Originally Posted by gimmepie View Post
Hello Rivvon xD

Could you please make a Make-a-Mega cover for Mega Arcanine?

Dun da da dun!! Now with a cooler, more hip image ratio!

Spoiler:


As always, just let me know if there are any changes you'd like for me to make!
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #86    
Old November 25th, 2016 (11:20 PM).
gimmepie's Avatar
gimmepie gimmepie is offline
Forest's Curse
  • Moderator
  • Platinum Tier
  • EOEvent Organizer
  • PokéCommunity Daily
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Australia
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Mild
Posts: 16,164
I need a cover for an article linking back to the Roserade Make-a-Mega. Here's the original artwork by Fairy if it helps.

https://daily.pokecommunity.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/mega_roserade_by_fairy.png
__________________
 
PHANTUMP

Reply With Quote
  #87    
Old December 21st, 2016 (11:32 AM).
Sylphiel's Avatar
Sylphiel Sylphiel is offline
  • Administrator
  • Crystal Tier
  • PokéCommunity Daily
  • Discord Moderoid
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Between your fantasy and my reality
Nature: Quirky
Posts: 12,622
Quote:
Originally Posted by gimmepie View Post
I need a cover for an article linking back to the Roserade Make-a-Mega. Here's the original artwork by Fairy if it helps.

https://daily.pokecommunity.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/mega_roserade_by_fairy.png
Assuming this still needs an image since I'm not seeing anything anywhere - will this work?

Spoiler:


__________________
and you're glowing like a fiery star

Reply With Quote
  #88    
Old December 26th, 2016 (3:12 AM). Edited December 28th, 2016 by bobandbill.
bobandbill's Avatar
bobandbill bobandbill is offline
shake that booty
  • Administrator
  • PokéCommunity Daily
  • Discord Moderoid
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Central Coast - Australia
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Posts: 13,251
Paging artists - not urgent because the article is far from done, but we need a battling article cover image. Trouble is it's hard to be specific - it's a quick round up of all (final) evolutions of new Pokemon and Alolan forms. https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=382397 for info, and Daily staff, the WIP here: https://daily.pokecommunity.com/?p=8355&preview=true

Discuss ideas first, I don't really have much right now.

Edit: rivvon may have taken this.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #89    
Old December 30th, 2016 (4:12 PM).
Rivvon's Avatar
Rivvon Rivvon is offline
  • PokéCommunity Daily
  • Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: USA
Age: 24
Gender: Female
Nature: Jolly
Posts: 2,393
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobandbill View Post
Paging artists - not urgent because the article is far from done, but we need a battling article cover image. Trouble is it's hard to be specific - it's a quick round up of all (final) evolutions of new Pokemon and Alolan forms. https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=382397 for info, and Daily staff, the WIP here: https://daily.pokecommunity.com/?p=8355&preview=true

Discuss ideas first, I don't really have much right now.

Edit: rivvon may have taken this.
I put together some sketches based on what we talked about before!

Spoiler:



Please let me know if you like any of these ideas, maybe want to use a different idea altogether, take a different approach, take one idea and push it further, etc. !
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #90    
Old March 18th, 2017 (3:48 PM).
Swiftie's Avatar
Swiftie Swiftie is offline
the old josh is dead.
  • Moderator
  • Platinum Tier
  • GTGet-Together Event Management
  • Social Media
  • PokéCommunity Daily
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Posts: 3,422
Hi artists! I'm writing an article on the Everyday Legends - normal Pokemon that are based on myths and legends. first one is about Dunsparce, is anyone about to make a design for the series and one for dunsparce?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #91    
Old March 19th, 2017 (1:25 PM).
Rivvon's Avatar
Rivvon Rivvon is offline
  • PokéCommunity Daily
  • Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: USA
Age: 24
Gender: Female
Nature: Jolly
Posts: 2,393
Quote:
Originally Posted by 36 cHauracter Limit View Post
Hi artists! I'm writing an article on the Everyday Legends - normal Pokemon that are based on myths and legends. first one is about Dunsparce, is anyone about to make a design for the series and one for dunsparce?
Spoiler:

How does this look? I was thinking of using a different background depending on the Pokémon, but the logo and overall design elements would stay consistent.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #92    
Old March 19th, 2017 (2:15 PM).
Swiftie's Avatar
Swiftie Swiftie is offline
the old josh is dead.
  • Moderator
  • Platinum Tier
  • GTGet-Together Event Management
  • Social Media
  • PokéCommunity Daily
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Posts: 3,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivvon View Post
Spoiler:

How does this look? I was thinking of using a different background depending on the Pokémon, but the logo and overall design elements would stay consistent.
oooo I think it looks cool, thanks heaps!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #93    
Old April 17th, 2017 (2:45 AM).
bobandbill's Avatar
bobandbill bobandbill is offline
shake that booty
  • Administrator
  • PokéCommunity Daily
  • Discord Moderoid
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Central Coast - Australia
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Posts: 13,251
I decided to knock out and finish that really long articles I was working on. Working title: The Numbers Game: Shiny and perfect Pokemon. (Daily staff: https://daily.pokecommunity.com/?p=5148&preview=true) It's a long one and while editing happens it needs a cover image! Not fussed what ideas are used; as long as it has something to do with shiny Pokemon or breeding or perfect stats or Horde/SOS battles. Your call! No text preferably, especially if the title changes to something better.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #94    
Old April 17th, 2017 (10:25 AM).
Anastasia.R's Avatar
Anastasia.R Anastasia.R is offline
  • Moderator
  • Silver Tier
  • PokéCommunity Daily
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Boston, MA
Gender: Female
Nature: Relaxed
Posts: 1,555
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobandbill View Post
I decided to knock out and finish that really long articles I was working on. Working title: The Numbers Game: Shiny and perfect Pokemon. (Daily staff: https://daily.pokecommunity.com/?p=5148&preview=true) It's a long one and while editing happens it needs a cover image! Not fussed what ideas are used; as long as it has something to do with shiny Pokemon or breeding or perfect stats or Horde/SOS battles. Your call! No text preferably, especially if the title changes to something better.
I can do this request and I can give a sketch or composition within the next few days
__________________
ドーブル
. . .
Illustrator. Animator
Mod of Art Studio
Artist on PC Daily
Rika . Nina . Dakota

Reply With Quote
  #95    
Old April 30th, 2017 (5:15 PM).
bobandbill's Avatar
bobandbill bobandbill is offline
shake that booty
  • Administrator
  • PokéCommunity Daily
  • Discord Moderoid
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Central Coast - Australia
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Posts: 13,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anastasia.R View Post
I can do this request and I can give a sketch or composition within the next few days
Cool! (Which I indicated by liking your post last week, haha). How is this progressing? :>
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #96    
Old May 12th, 2017 (2:51 PM).
Anastasia.R's Avatar
Anastasia.R Anastasia.R is offline
  • Moderator
  • Silver Tier
  • PokéCommunity Daily
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Boston, MA
Gender: Female
Nature: Relaxed
Posts: 1,555
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobandbill View Post
Cool! (Which I indicated by liking your post last week, haha). How is this progressing? :>
Hey again!
I had final projects and exams to do but I came up with thumbnails and colors to each.
Spoiler:


Two thumbnails look more solid for a painting, but before I did that I wanted to share the ideas I have and colors I was thinking of using.
__________________
ドーブル
. . .
Illustrator. Animator
Mod of Art Studio
Artist on PC Daily
Rika . Nina . Dakota

Reply With Quote
  #97    
Old May 12th, 2017 (7:24 PM). Edited May 14th, 2017 by bobandbill.
bobandbill's Avatar
bobandbill bobandbill is offline
shake that booty
  • Administrator
  • PokéCommunity Daily
  • Discord Moderoid
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Central Coast - Australia
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Posts: 13,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anastasia.R View Post


Hey again!
I had final projects and exams to do but I came up with thumbnails and colors to each.
Spoiler:


Two thumbnails look more solid for a painting, but before I did that I wanted to share the ideas I have and colors I was thinking of using.
After getting some other opinions from other Daily staff I think the Rowlet one is better (but all look good!). Maybe the blue one but your choice with colour scheme imo. =)

In the meantime, I plan to have a Marshadow article up soon (speculation about what its announcement means for the games; check the thread in the main section about it). I don't want this one posted later than the end of this weekend, so if anyone has a handy image (official, screenshot from movie trailers, etc) not already used for existing articles that'd be useful. I can search this myself however too. done already
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Quick Reply

Join the conversation!

Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

Create a PokéCommunity Account

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 7:35 AM.