The PokéCommunity Forums Fan Games Fan Games Hub
Survey Length of a fangame

Fan Games Hub General discussions about all things fan games. Topics relating to both ROM hacks and custom games are welcome here. Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.

View Poll Results: Time you would ideally play a fan game for
3-4 Hours ( Catch em all / traditional story game) 2 12.50%
4-5 Hours (Not a lot to do but a fun game) 1 6.25%
5-10 Hours (Decent story with a lot to do) 4 25.00%
10-20 Hours (amazing story with lots of things to do) 13 81.25%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 1 Week Ago (8:46 AM).
Pokemon Fossil Lead Developer

Nature: Jolly
Fan games often vary on length depending on the play style of the game and story. But how long are you guys willing to play a fan game ? Do you like long intense story games or medium length catch em all games? and what is the max time you would play for?

Relevant Advertising!

Old 1 Week Ago (1:45 PM).

Nature: Quiet
It honestly depends on the game (And whether you are playing with speed doubled, hahaha). I have little interest in spending a huge amount of time on your average 8 gym rom at this point, it's got to have something different about it, yet honestly most original story hacks are going to be a lot shorter than that - there's a difference between length in terms of 'filler and extras to fully complete things' and length in terms of 'minimum events that have to be accomplished before you can win the game'. Trying to fully complete rather than just win, obviously can take someone weeks, especially if there are 700+ pokemunz.
Evo-Yellow: 151 Evolve Raichu Hack, uses the Yellow Disassembly. Play as girl, ride a pokemon, special/physical, dark/fairy/steel types, new pokemon, gen 2 sprites, evolve Pikachu into Raichu and have them still follow you with new Raichu emotion sprites!
Yellow Hack Tutorial
Fire Yellow - A FireRed Hack & Yellow Remake with Following Pikachu
Old 1 Week Ago (6:51 PM).

I love the long, intense, story-driven ones. I love a good plot. I feel like no matter how good of a programmer you are, you need to have a lot of heart to come up with a story that touches the community - even a little bit. That's true skill.
Old 1 Week Ago (5:49 PM).
Everywhere you look...

Nature: Hasty
I prefer long games that I can invest a lot of time into, although with fangames it doesn't matter as much as I am not paying
Old 5 Days Ago (2:03 PM).

Nature: Serious
In the case of ROM hacks, the most popular ones have always been the standard 8 gym ones, bonus points if there's a second region with another 8 badges.

I'd personally rather enjoy short games, but development of standard Pokémon game length fan games is interesting to follow.
Old 4 Days Ago (9:22 AM).

I do like games with long stories and a lot of side content.

I think I prefer games with only one region to those with multiple regions, though, since I've noticed games with multiple regions usually have less story or no story at all after the first region.
Old 4 Days Ago (5:43 PM).

i like a nice and long story with plot twist's and other stuff. something like Pokemon reborn.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links