Pokémon Mobile Gaming Discuss all of the Pokémon mobile games here! These games include Pokémon GO, Magikarp Jump, Pokémon Duel and Pokémon Shuffle.

TrollandToad.com

Old December 14th, 2016 (9:41 PM). Edited April 21st, 2017 by VisualJae.
Spam Hyper Beam for days
  • Crystal Tier

Nature: Jolly
Hello again! I decided to start up a "part 2" for my Pokémon GO field journal with Generation II. Since I've completed the Kanto Dex (including all regional exclusives), I figured this would be a good time to reboot for a new journey. The original journal can be found here.

Anyway, as a brief intro/recap of my progress: I'm from New York. I live in the suburbs, but I work full-time in the city. I've always been an outdoors type of person even before Pokémon GO so this little mobile game just gave me even more of a reason to walk everywhere.

Fun Facts:
  • All of my Pokémon—with the exception of "ultra rares" like Snorlax, Lapras, Unown, Blissey, regional exclusives, and gimmicky ones like event Pikachu—have 80% IV ratings or higher
  • I currently own 20 Pokémon with perfect 100% IV rating or better:
    Spoiler:
    - Venusaur
    - Butterfree
    - Top Percent Rattata
    - Persian
    - Alakazam
    - Victreebel
    - Rapidash
    - Magneton
    - Dewgong
    - Starmie
    - 2x Pinsir
    - Gyarados
    - Omastar
    - Dragonite
    - Meganium
    - Feraligatr
    - Jumpluff
    - Espeon
    - Umbreon
  • Here are the statistics for each Pokémon I've encountered/caught (updated 4/21/17):
    Spoiler:
  • Since the day I started playing (July 6, 2016), I've been in six countries (U.S., Canada, Australia, France, Spain, and Taiwan), and five states within the U.S. (New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Connecticut, and Delaware)
  • Major landmarks with Gyms I've taken over include:
    - Time Square (New York, U.S.)
    - The Chrysler Building (New York, U.S.)
    - The Empire State Building (New York, U.S.)
    - The Intrepid Sea, Air, and Space Museum (New York, U.S.)
    - Bryant Park (New York, U.S.)
    - Citi Field (New York, U.S.)
    - Rockefeller Center (New York, U.S.)
    - The Arc de Triomphe (Paris, France)
    - The Eiffel Tower (Paris, France)
    - The Louvre Museum (Paris, France)
    - Château de Vincennes (Vincennes, France)
    - ...amongst others

Progress Overview:

Party last updated 4/21/17

PokéDex Progress:

Kanto (non-legendary): 100% (146/146)
Johto (all): 94.8% (238 / 251)

Pre-Ditto North America Completion Date: August 16, 2016
Australia Completion Date: August 22, 2016
Europe Completion Date: October 3, 2016
Asia Completion Date: December 7, 2016
Pre-Delibird/Smeargle Johto Completion Date: March 20, 2017

Recent Progress: April 21, 2017

Captures:

NOTES: I quickly captured my first shiny Magikarp soon after the update was implemented. I caught another shiny one not too long after that. Unfortuntely, both have such horrid IVs (both under 40%) that I just can't consider evolving them.

A couple weeks ago I went to visit Asia, with a few days included in Taiwan. There I caught another Corsola and Farfetch'd. Nothing too fancy about either of them, but they make for good collector additions. Fun fact, I nicknamed this Farfetch'd "Dinner" in Chinese. Corsola's nickname is just its official Chinese name, which translates to "sun coral."

Power-Ups:

NOTES: Main focus were my defensive and utility team members, most notably my newest Dragonite (97.8% IVs: 14/15/15) and second Tyranitar (95.6% IVs: 15/15/13). Both my Snorlax (91.1% IVs: 14/13/14 and 82.2% IVS: 11/11/15, respectively) also received some powerups, but there is little left for me to gain there. My second Blissey (95.6% IVs: 14/15/14) is more of a work in progress as I've switched walking for Larvitar candies to Chansey candies now.

Lastly, I've put a bit of powerups into my Heracross (88.9% IVs: 13/14/13) and Machamp (93.3% IVs: 14/15/13), enough to counter most Blissey I see in Gyms.

Ongoing Goals:

NOTES: Aside from the Blissey above, there are some other Pokémon I wish to power up in the meantime. The priority may be my most recent Gyarados (97.8% IVs: 15/15/14) with an optimal utility moveset. Perhaps pushing it to CP3000 would be ideal.

Current Gym Team:

Offense:
Pokémon selected to attack and take down opposing Gyms

Defense:
Pokémon selected to defend friendly Gyms

Utility:
Pokémon that can fill both offensive and defensive roles

Notes:
Offensive Tyranitar ("Kaijū"): 97.8% IVs (14/15/15)
Offensive Dragonite ("A New Hope"): 91.1% IVs (15/15/11)
Offensive Charizard ("Deep Fried"): 97.8% IVs (14/15/15)
Offensive Flareon ("Napalm"): 91.1% IVs (15/11/15)
Offensive Alakazam ("HAL 9000"): 95.6% (15/15/13)
Offensive Heracross ("Greek God"): 88.9% IVs (13/14/13)
Offensive Machamp ("Beater"): 93.3% IVs (14/15/13)
Offensive Arcanine ("Bork"): 86.7% IVs (13/11/15)
Offensive Venusaur ("Perfectsaur"): 100% IVs (15/15/15)
Offensive Jolteon ("GottaGoFast"): 88.9% IVs (15/10/15)
Offensive Lapras ("Blizzaga"): 84.4% IVs (15/13/10)

Defensive Dragonite ("Perfectnite"): 100% IVs (15/15/15)
Defensive Dragonite ("Flying Cow"): 91.1% IVs (15/11/15)
Defensive Tyranitar ("REPTAR"): 95.6% IVs (15/15/13)
Defensive Dragonite ("Sleeper"): 88.9% IVs (15/10/15)
Defensive Snorlax ("Butters"): 91.1% IVs (14/13/14)
Defensive Snorlax ("Big Bertha"): 82.2% IVs (11/11/15)
Defensive Espeon ("エーフィ"): 100% IVs (15/15/15)
Defensive Blissey ("Lucky"): 95.6% IVs (14/15/14)
Defensive Exeggutor ("WE R LEGION"): 88.9% IVs (14/11/15)
Defensive Blissey ("Great Wall"): 95.6% IVs (14/15/14)
Defensive Exeggutor ("Fetus Colony"): 93.3% IVs (13/14/15)
Defensive Lapras ("Nessie"): 80.0% IVs (13/12/11)

Utility Dragonite ("Derpgon"): 97.8% IVs (14/15/15)
Utility Dragonite ("Baby God"): 91.1% IVs (15/14/12)
Utility Rhydon ("O.G."): 91.1% IVs (14/13/14)
Utility Gyarados ("Not a Dragon"): 80.0% IVs (15/11/10)
Utility Vaporeon ("O hey"): 86.7% IVs (13/11/15)
Utility Vaporeon ("O hi"): 91.1% IVs (13/14/14)
Utility Vaporeon ("Miffed"): 95.6% (15/15/13)
Utility Exeggutor ("Exeggutioner"): 95.6% IVs (15/15/13)
Utility Omastar ("PerfectHelix"): 100% IVs (15/15/15)
Utility Gyarados ("Fake Dragon"): 97.8% IVs (15/15/14)
Utility Scizor ("Edward"): 97.8% IVs (15/14/15)

Next Goals
- Obtain all gold medals

Relevant Advertising!

Old December 17th, 2016 (11:12 AM). Edited December 21st, 2016 by VisualJae.
Spam Hyper Beam for days
  • Crystal Tier

December 14, 2016 Recap:

Spoiler:

Wild Captures:

NOTES: With the holiday season in full swing, of course capturing the limited edition Festive Pikachu was a goal. I didn't, however, expect to capture 10 already (the one shown above is the highest CP one I have and also with the highest IVs at a measly 66.7%). I do plan on hoarding as many as I can before the event is over and see if they can become eventual trade bait. With how common they seem to be, perhaps not, but who knows?

There are two other big captures of note. The first is a new Wigglytuff (IVs: 86.7% - 15/11/13), captured as a wild Jigglypuff. With Pound/Hyper Beam, it was instantly added to my Prestige Training team. The last one is Farfetch'd (IVs: 86.7% - 15/9/15), obtained while I was on a half business trip/half short visit in Taiwan. Fun fact: its nickname "大蔥鴨" is its official Mandarin Chinese name, literally translating to "Big Leek Duck."

Egg Hatches:

NOTES: With the edition of Generation II baby Pokémon only available from eggs, the hatching spree is on. There are only two hatches worth noting. The first is a Vulpix that I promptly evolved into a Ninetales (IVs: 91.1% - 15/11/15) once I appraised it, as I had plenty of candy to spare. The cherry on top was the moveset, making this a potential prestige training candidate against friendly Bug, Grass, or Ice-type defenders.

The second Pokémon is a much awaited baby! I was hoping my first Johto Pokémon would be Pichu or Togepi, and lo and behold I hatched a Pichu (IVs: 93.3% - 14/15/13). I have absolutely no plans on evolving any baby Pokémon I obtain with the exception of Togepi (for Dex purposes, of course), and this Pichu with its surprising 93.3% IV rating will remain an adorable bundle of childish joy.

Team Powerups:

NOTES: Several members of my Gym team received their share of powerups in the past couple of weeks, but the majority of my Stardust was spent on my Rhydon (IVs: 91.1% - 14/13/14) ever since the CP values were changed. The one that received more than one powerup was my Legacy Gyarados (IVs: 80.0% - 15/11/10). Others that received powerups (not shown above) include my offensive Lapras, utility Exeggutor, and utility Vaporeon.

December 17, 2016:

Spoiler:

Wild Captures:

...and you get the idea.
NOTES: No notable captures the last few days other than way more Festive Pikachu than I expected. The count now stands at 15 Santa hat-donning electric mice. Maybe hoarding them wasn't such a great idea...

Egg Hatches:

NOTES: Things get exciting on the egg hatching front. Of the three 10km eggs I've hatched in the last two days, one was a Scyther that I had no interest in keeping. The other two were Magby (IVs: 84.4% - 14/10/14) and Elekid (IVs: 80.0% - 14/12/10). If I think about it, I'm not too surprised about how fast I was able to obtain these two, considering before the Gen. II baby update, I hatched an absurd amount of Magmar and Electabuzz (if you can tell from the candy count).

The next two egg hatches were from 5km ones. I would've been extremely happy about this just two days ago, but I really don't need more Pichu! I'll need to expand my roaming territory because, as far as I know, these Pichu are hatching from eggs I obtain near by office area.

Lastly, after over 900 eggs, I finally hatched my first Porygon (IVs: 77.8% - 10/10/15). Not a great one either. At least I can cross that off my list. Now out of all the available non-regional exclusive Gen. I Pokémon, the only one that I've never hatched before is Dratini.

Team Powerups:

NOTES: Yet more Stardust was put into my Rhydon (IVs: 91.1% - 14/13/14), pushing it past CP3000, the first Pokémon on my team that's not a Dragonite at that CP level. I also threw one powerup into my Exeggutor (IVs: 95.6% - 15/15/13) to push it past one of the defenders in a friendly Gym.

And lastly, I decided to invest a bit in my highest Jolteon (IVs: 88.9% - 15/10/15). I do have another one with the same moveset with higher IVs at 91.1%, but its level is a little too low to warrant the extra Stardust investment at this time. And yes, I'm closing in on 2,000 Eevee candies...

Other News:

- Gained ~87,000 experience
- Claimed seven Gyms, conducting 72 Gym battles against opposing Gyms and prestige training 37 times.
- Hatched 30 eggs, walking 20km.
- Caught 27 Magikarp, including 8 large ones for the Fisherman medal.
- Caught 35 Eevee, putting the candy count at 1,908.
- 26 Fighting-type Pokémon captures away from the Black Belt gold medal.
- 6 Ice-type Pokémon captures away from the Skiier silver medal.
- Less than 80km away from the Jogger gold medal.

Old December 19th, 2016 (10:41 PM). Edited December 21st, 2016 by VisualJae.
Spam Hyper Beam for days
  • Crystal Tier

December 20, 2016:

Spoiler:

Wild Captures:

NOTES: Two solid wild captures in Slowpoke and Oddish, with 95.6% IV and 91.1% IV ratings, respectively. I plan on saving both for their Gen. II evolutions once available.

As the Festive Pikachu event is still ongoing, I decided to randomly evolve one of the better ones I caught into a Raichu (IVs: 80.0% - 15/10/11). That's the luxury of having over 300 Pikachu candies, I guess.

Egg Hatches:

NOTES: I never thought I would obtain the three 10km babies this quickly. My last three 10km eggs hatched Magby, Elekid, and now Smoochum (IVs: 88.9% - 13/14/13) in that order.

The other notable hatch was a perfect IVs Caterpie, which I evolved into a Metapod right away. Add that to the perfection collection.

Team Powerups:

NOTES: I ran into quite a few Grass-types in opposing Gyms recently, so I decided to invest some more Stardust into my offensive Fire-types. I decided to go with Charizard (IVs: 97.8% - 14/15/15) first just because it had slightly more coverage... but mostly because this particular one is one of my most prized Pokémon for the amount of effort it took me to obtain. The other Fire attacker is my highest rated Arcanine (IVs: 95.6% - 15/15/13) and he's essentially my main Lapras attacker.

The last member to receive significant Stardust investment is my second prestige leveling Wigglytuff (IVs: 87.6% - 15/11/13). Now it's more in line with my first one. I'll be keeping both around the CP1400-1500 range to maximize the bonus on CP3000 defenders.

Other News:

- Gained ~157,000 experience
- Skiier silver medal obtained; all medals are now silver and gold.
- 7 Fighting-type Pokémon captures away from the Black Belt gold medal.
- Less than 40km away from the Jogger gold medal.
- Conducted 120 Gym battles and prestige trained 81 times.
- Caught 16 more Festive Pikachu.
- 6 more egg hatches from 1,000 eggs hatched lifetime.

Old December 21st, 2016 (9:42 PM). Edited December 27th, 2016 by VisualJae.
Spam Hyper Beam for days
  • Crystal Tier

December 22, 2016:

Spoiler:

Wild Captures:

NOTES: Other than several Dratini and Magikarp I grinded up lately, the one keeper is this near perfect IVs Eevee. Of course it'll be saved for a potential Espeon/Umbreon once Gen. II is fully implemented.

Egg Hatches:

NOTES: It's been a while since I've hatched a Snorlax (IVs: 88.9% - 15/10/15)! This one's pretty solid overall. Zen Headbutt would be better with this moveset combination, but Body Slam on defense should cause enough headaches. I'll likely set a Snorlax as a buddy soon to rack up some much needed candies.

Team Progress:

NOTES: After quite some time procrastinating, I decided to go out to grind up Dratini candies again. As a result, I managed to evolve a Dratini I caught in late August to a Dragonite (IVs: 91.1% - 15/15/11), my fourth one overall. With the best possible offensive moveset, this guy's going to get a seat on my Gym attacking squad... once I manage to power it up to respectability, of course.

Other than the new member on the Gym team, I powered up my offensive Jolteon (IVs: 88.9% - 15/10/15) and Venusaur (IVs: 100.0% - 15/15/15) a bit. Nothing too eventful there!

Other News:

- Black Belt gold medal obtained.
- Hatched 1,000th egg lifetime.
- Evolved a Magikarp into my 10th Gyarados.
- Less than 5km from the Jogger gold medal.

Old December 22nd, 2016 (3:51 AM).
i don't have a user title
  • Super Moderator
  • Crystal Tier
  • GTGet-Together Event Management

Nature: Bold
So jealous of that Christmas Raichu! I'm yet to find a Christmas Pikachu at all...
Old December 22nd, 2016 (9:40 AM).

I've seen three Christmas Pikachu and caught two. Pikachu are extremely rare where I live but I was hunting in slightly different places and when I caught my first festive Pikachu it was right before a thunder storm.
    Old December 27th, 2016 (12:35 AM). Edited December 27th, 2016 by VisualJae.
    Spam Hyper Beam for days
    • Crystal Tier

December 26, 2016: Post-holiday Progress

Spoiler:

Wild Captures:

NOTES: Well over 2,000 Eevee candies in, I still have yet to find one with perfect IVs. But including this one, I now have two that can be saved for Espeon/Umbreon once Gen. II Pokémon are in full force.

Egg Hatches:

NOTES: With the Christmas event live, I've been on an egg-hatching rampage. While I was content with hatching a Cleffa to add to the PokéDex, I didn't expect to hatch three in succession! Their IVs aren't fantastic, at 71.1% (11/11/10), 80.0% (11/14/11), and 86.7% (12/15/12) in that order.

Aside from Cleffa, the other babies hatched were all "duplicates." Essentially the only ones I'm missing are Igglybuff and Togepi at this point. My first Pichu hatched is still my best one, with these two at 82.2% (11/13/13) and 84.4% (10/15/13), respectively. Then there are the two Magby (IVs: 88.9% - 13/14/13 and 84.4% - 14/10/14) and Smoochum (IVs: 95.6% - 15/14/14), with the latter being a nice surprise considering its IVs. I may be tempted to evolve it into a Jynx at some point since I already have another Smoochum.

Lastly, the only non-baby Pokémon that I hatched of note was a Seel with perfect IVs (100%), which I promptly evolved into a Dewgong. Of course, its moveset is terrible, so I can't even use it for its best job, which is prestige training Gyms. Missed opportunity here.

Team Progress:

NOTES: Last time I managed to obtain my fourth Dragonite (IVs: 91.1% - 15/15/11) and now I've managed to power it up enough where it can take on opposing Gyms. I'm likely going to continue powering it up until it's past CP3000 before redistributing the Dratini candies across my other Dragonite.

Two other existing team members that received significant powerups were my Vaporeon (IVs: 86.7% - 13/11/15) and Wigglytuff (IVs: 86.7% - 15/11/13). I figured if the Vaporeon's meant to double as a defender when needed, then it's going to need that extra CP to stay on top. The Wigglytuff received enough powerups to put it alongside my other one (at CP1428).

Lastly, I added a new member to the team: another Gyarados (IVs: 93.3% - 14/14/14). I've had this Gyarados since August 9 and used it for defense quite often back then. Now it gets another round to shine as my main defensive Gyarados (my other one serves more of a utility role given its legacy moveset).

Other News:

- Jogger gold medal obtained.
    - Encountered a wild Charizard for the first time (it was terrible).
    - Conducted 124 Gym battles and prestige trained 78 times.
    - Evolved another Magikarp to Gyarados (11th lifetime).
    - Caught 4,000th Water-type Pokémon lifetime.
    - Caught 42 more Festive Pikachu.
    Old December 27th, 2016 (8:51 PM). Edited January 5th, 2017 by VisualJae.
    Spam Hyper Beam for days
    • Crystal Tier

December 27, 2016:

Spoiler:

Wild Captures:

NOTES: Nothing of note today other than a Lickitung that appeared right outside my room. Its IVs aren't fantastic, and my best one to date is near perfect at 97.8% (14/15/15), so it went straight to Willow for the not-quite-so-needed candy.

Egg Hatches:

NOTES: And the egg hatching frenzy is about to draw to a close! With the last two baby Pokémon I needed for the current Dex hatched and registered, I can lay off the incubator use and start saving them for after the holiday event. The Igglybuff (IVs: 93.3% - 14/15/13) will likely evolve all the way to a Wigglytuff once I obtain another one (if it's worse off). As for the Togepi (IVs: 82.2% - 10/12/15), it's going to remain a buddy until I have enough candy to evolve a good one into a Togetic for the last available entry currently for the PokéDex.

Other hatches include two more Pichu (IVs: 88.9% - 12/13/15 and 77.8% - 11/12/12, respectively), bringing the total Pichu count to seven. My best one still happens to be the first one I hatched, so I'm not quite sure what to do with all these Pichu.

For non-baby hatches, the two highlights are Horsea (IVs: 93.3% - 14/13/15) and Magikarp (IVs: 93.3% - 15/13/14). The former will be saved for a potential future Kingdra, while the latter will be in queue to evolve into a Gyarados. I'm already 11 Gyarados in and still have yet to obtain one with Hydro Pump. The journey continues.

Team Progress:

NOTES: Plenty of progress went into my fourth Dragonite (IVs: 91.1% - 15/15/11). No longer a buddy given priorities to collecting Togepi candy, but just in time, as it's nearing CP3000. A couple more wild Dratini captures will give me enough candies to reach that threshold.

A bit of Stardust was also invested into my perfect Venusaur. I've been seeing more higher level Vaporeon lately so I figured it's time to push my Venusaur along as well.

Other News:

- Gained 33,000 experience in limited play time.
    - Hatched 19 eggs in 12 km walked.
    - Reclaimed three fallen Gyms and prestige trained 19 times.
    - Caught 17 more Festive Pikachu.
    Old January 5th, 2017 (10:39 PM). Edited January 11th, 2017 by VisualJae.
    Spam Hyper Beam for days
    • Crystal Tier

January 5, 2017:

Spoiler:

Wild Captures:

NOTES: Not too many notable wild captures in the last week and a half, despite capturing well over 2,000 Pokémon since the last update. One of the two prizes is a perfect 100% IV Ponyta that I evolved into a Rapidash, the eighth perfect IV Pokémon I've obtained. The other is a high CP wild Eevee (IVs: 91.1% - 15/11/15) that happens to have pretty good IVs. It will be reserved for a potential Espeon/Umbreon evolution when the time comes.

Egg Hatches:

NOTES: With all the babies out of the way, I won't be adding baby hatches into the highlights anymore. The final big hatch was a Togepi that pushed my candy count over 50, allowing me to evolve one into a Togetic (IVs: 93.3% - 14/13/15)! This means my Dex is complete once again based on the currently available Pokémon. The final baby hatch count is as follows:
    • 7x Pichu
    • 3x Cleffa
    • 3x Igglybuff
    • 2x Togepi
    • 5x Smoochum
    • 2x Elekid
    • 3x Magby

Of the two remaining notable hatches, my newest Blastoise (IVs: 88.9% - 13/14/13) would be considered an anomaly because I normally wouldn't evolve a Pokémon with that IV rating if I could help it. But I was over 700 Squirtle candies at the time so I figured I could spare some to see what I would get. Lo and behold I get the ideal offensive Water Gun/Hydro Pump. The Blastoise could make for a potential prestige trainer in some situations...

The other egg hatch is a near perfect Scyther (IVs: 97.8% - 15/14/15 ...nickname is a typo). It goes without saying that this one will be saved for a future Scizor evolution.

Team Progress:

NOTES: With my aggressive play over the final stretch of the year and the New Year's holiday break, the huge number of Pokémon caught meant lots of Stardust to play with. Three out of my four Dragonite received boosts, with my original defensive Dragonite (IVs: 91.1% - 15/11/15) now past CP3200. One thing that irked me this past week was that I misclicked and added one of my offensive Dragonite to a Gym instead of this one. Now I'm down an offensive powerhouse when engaging opposing Gyms...

Other team members that received boosts include my offensive Golem, Charizard, Flareon, and Venusaur, along with my defensive Gyarados and Snorlax.

There are also two big additions to the team! The first is another utility Vaporeon (IVs: 91.1% - 13/14/14), backing up my first one that I find I use in Gyms more and more often. The other addition is one of my old Exeggutor (IVs: 88.9% - 14/11/15) with the optimal defensive moveset in Confusion/Seed Bomb. This won't be the last Exeggutor I add to my main lineup as I do have a few more that could use powering up.

Lastly, after an obscene number of Magikarp candies used up, I managed to evolve my TWELFTH Gyarados (IVs: 93.3% - 15/13/14) and finally managed to land one with Hydro Pump. All the others have Dragon Pulse or Twister. Sooner or later this one will also be added to the main lineup in a utility role.

Other News:

- Reached level 35.
    - Gained ~770,000 experience in 9 days.
    - Caught over 2,000 Pokémon in 9 days.
    - Evolved 2,000th Pokémon lifetime.
    - Caught 5,000th Normal-type Pokémon.
    - Caught 3,000th Flying-type Pokémon.
    - Caught 4,000th Poison-type Pokémon.
    - Caught 5,000th Water-type Pokémon.
    - Caught 1,000th Electric-type Pokémon.
    - Caught 100th Ice-type Pokémon.
    - Gold Battle Girl medal obtained.
    - Conducted 176 Gym battles and prestige trained 158 times.
    - 25 more prestige training sessions for the gold Ace Trainer medal.
    - 9 more Dragon-type Pokémon captures for the gold Dragon Tamer medal.
    - Caught 127 Pikachu in 9 days.
    - 2 more Pikachu captures for the gold Pikachu fan medal.

Old January 11th, 2017 (9:58 PM). Edited January 21st, 2017 by VisualJae.
    Spam Hyper Beam for days
    • Crystal Tier

January 11, 2017:

Spoiler:

Wild Captures:

NOTES: What are the chances of catching two wild Dragonite within a week after coming up empty the previous six months? Let alone a Dragonite with perfect IVs. Of course, as luck would have it, if one's perfect, the other one has to be terrible (specifically: 42.2% IVs - 6/6/7). Since the perfect IV Dragonite rolled with Steel Wing, it's automatically on defense duty... once I manage to bring its CP up to standards.

The other capture highlight is a surprising Magikarp (IVs: 97.8% - 14/15/15). Not only did it come with near perfect IVs, but it came at max level for a wild Pokémon. There's really nothing else I could ask for... maybe just a Gyarados with a solid moveset. At already 13 Gyarados obtained, I'm starting to have a difficult time figuring out what to do with all of them. First world problems.

Egg Hatches:

NOTES: For the past week, I've been conducting an experiment with eggs and specific PokéStops, being a firm believer that not all PokéStops are created equal and that types of eggs and the species that hatch out of them are related to the PokéStops you spin. While my sample size isn't huge (58 eggs from a single PokéStop), I did manage to hatch two Lapras (IVs: both 77.8% - 13/11/11 and 12/11/12, respectively), after hatching only one lifetime, with the one coming all the way back in August. In fact, I haven't seen a Lapras since August 2016. I plan on roaming around for a while before returning to that PokéStop to see if I can manage to hatch another Lapras.

Another note about that PokéStop is that I remember hatching a Snorlax egg from there before, which is the main reason why I picked that Stop to test. And coincidentally(?), one of the 10km eggs I obtained hatched another Snorlax (IVs: 88.9% - 14/15/11). This one ended up being one of my better ones in terms of raw stats so I'll be adding it to my defender list.

Lastly, and yes, from that same PokéStop, I also managed to hatch a Porygon (IVs: 88.9% - 10/15/15), only the second Porygon I've managed to hatch ever. With a solid 73 Porygon candies now, I'm ready to go for a Porygon2 whenever the rest of Gen. II becomes available.

Team Progress:

NOTES: With two Lapras hatches, that meant plenty of Lapras candies to play with, allowing me to pump up both my offensive Lapras (IVs: 84.4% - 15/13/10) and defensive Lapras (IVs: 80.0% - 13/12/11). A Snorlax hatch, a couple of wild Snorlax captures (not mentioned above), and plenty of kilometers from Buddy walking meant I added a lot more power to all my Gym Snorlax (IVs: 82.2% - 11/11/15; 88.9% - 14/15/11; 88.9% - 15/10/15).

While some other members received tiny boosts, a new addition to the team is another defensive Exeggutor (IVs: 93.3% - 13/14/15), which I powered up from CP1978. I did mention in the previous update that I have more Exeggutor to power up and that's still a true statement this time around. I might give this one a few more boosts before working on the next one, though.

I also revamped my prestige training team. No longer just focusing on my beastly Wigglytuff arrangements, I now ordered the prestige trainers with #hashtags for easy access when sorting Pokémon by name. The each have their own roles and, for now, it's working out quite well. This is a work in progress and I'll definitely be swapping some members in and out to see what works best for the Gyms I tackle.

Other News:

- Gained ~340,000 experience in a week.
    - Caught 6,000th Normal-type Pokémon.
    - Caught 1,000th Eevee.
    - Conducted only 28 Gym battles, but prestige trained 118 times.
    - Gold Ace Trainer medal obtained.
    - Gold Dragon Tamer medal obtained.
    - Gold Pikachu Fan medal obtained.
    - Caught 37 Ice-type Pokémon; now 59 captures away from the gold Skiier medal.

Old January 21st, 2017 (7:24 PM). Edited March 19th, 2017 by VisualJae.
    Spam Hyper Beam for days
    • Crystal Tier

January 21, 2017:

Spoiler:

Wild Captures:

NOTES: Lots of interesting captures the past week plus, with the first couple carrying on from my surprising max level 97.8% wild Magikarp I caught previously. In succession, I managed to catch a perfect 100% IV Magikarp as well as a perfectly imperfect 0% IV Magikarp. How about that? Now I'm strongly leaning toward evolving the 100% Magikarp first just to have a minimum level perfect IVs Gyarados.

The next two captures are well-appreciated additions to my part. The first is my first Alakazam (IVs: 95.6% - 15/15/13) that managed to come with Psycho Cut and Psychic, the best offensive moveset. It's going to take some powering up before it's capable of mowing down Gyms. The next one is a new near perfect Golem (IVs: 97.6% - 15/14/15) with one of the best movesets overall, for both offense and defense. Like the Alakazam, it's not quite ready in terms of CP, so I'll take some time to power this one up in the coming days/weeks.

The last group of captures is made up of prized rare Pokémon. The Porygon (IVs: 95.6% - 14/14/15) was such a great find, but the problem is that it's only level 2. Regardless, it's most likely going to be the one I evolve into a Porygon2 when the time comes. Next is another Snorlax (IVs: 84.4% - 13/15/10). I've been powering up my other Gym Snorlax lately, but I'm going to re-prioritize and focus on this one since it does have one of the best defensive movesets. And finally, I caught another Chansey (IVs: 95.6% - 14/15/14), this one the highest level and highest IVs in my collection. I have to thank my fellow NYers for pointing me in the right direction these past few days. It's been a team effort tracking down these rare Pokémon.

Egg Hatches:

NOTES: I'm still in the middle of my egg-PokéStop experiment, with over 100 eggs collected from the same PokéStop already. Of the hatches, I hatched another Lapras (IVs: 80.0% - 10/13/13), the fourth one I've hatched overall and the third one in the past 10 days. And why not, hatch another Snorlax (IVs: 80.0% - 13/12/11), too. This is the second Snorlax I've hatched in the past 10 days, and the third one from this PokéStop. The sample size is still considered too small, but I'll continue to collect and hatch eggs from this PokéStop and see if anything truly stands out.

Other notable hatch results include a beastly defensive Poliwrath (IVs: 95.6% - 15/14/14)—the best one I have to date—and another Alakazam (IVs: 91.1% - 15/15/11). This Alakazam came right on the heels of the 95.6% one with Psycho Cut/Psychic I mentioned above in the "captures" highlights, and lo and behold it also managed to have Psycho Cut/Psychic. The game just likes throwing things in bunches at you sometimes.

Team Progress:

NOTES: Most of the Stardust investment went into my Snorlax recently, but as I mentioned above, with an even better one caught recently, I'm going to prioritize boosting that one for now.

Other News:

- Averaged nearly 10km walked a day, hatching 61 eggs in the process.
    - Caught 200th XL Magikarp; 100 more until the gold Fisherman medal.
    - Caught 500th Fairy-type Pokémon.
    - 53 Ice-type captures away from the gold Skiier medal.
    Old March 19th, 2017 (9:11 PM). Edited April 21st, 2017 by VisualJae.
    Spam Hyper Beam for days
    • Crystal Tier

March 20, 2017:

Spoiler:
    I haven't updated here in two months, but that doesn't mean I haven't been playing! The current Dex is almost completed—sitting at 237 obtained—as Tyrogue is the only Pokémon that's still available to obtain. Beyond that, it's the unreleased Smeargle, Delibird, and the legendaries. So without any new Pokémon to capture, it's back to the daily grind.

Edit:

DEX COMPLETE:

The current Dex has been completed with this hatch.

Power-Ups:

NOTES: If I'm going out of my way to catch something, it's almost always going to be for candy purposes that I can throw into power-ups. With the exception of Larvitar candies as I'm working toward a second Tyranitar for Gyms.

For team powerups, a lot has changed in the last two months since I've updated my progress here. Two months ago, I only had five Pokémon above CP3000 (4x Dragonite and 1x Rhydon). Now I have eight above CP3000, with 5x Dragonite, 1x Rhydon, 1x Snorlax, and 1x Tyranitar.

I've also put quite a bit of focus on my 100% IV Espeon, one of my pride and joy since it also came with a nasty defensive moveset (honestly, try fighting a Confusion/Psybeam Espeon without dodging. It's quite painful).

Ongoing Goals:

NOTES: Of course, with how easy it is to demolish opposing Gyms late in the game, it's all about how much of your opponents' time you can waste. That simply means assembling as many obnoxious Blissey as possible for the team. I'm currently working on two of them, both of which are at identical 95.6% IVs (14/15/14 for Attack/Defense/Stamina).

But with the Blissey metagame around, that means room to build up some Fighting-type Pokémon for once, which is what I'm doing with my Floridan Heracross (88.9% IVs: 13/14/13) and Machamp (93.3% IVs: 14/15/13). Having more options to shred opposing Snorlax and Tyranitar faster doesn't hurt either.

And finally, there's yet another Dragonite I want to power up to standards (i.e. past CP3000), with its IVs at a disgusting near perfect 97.8% (14/15/15) with the now best overall moveset for both offense and defense. I won't be able to ignore that. That little Dratini I had came a long way.

Other News:

- PokéDex complete (238 out of the 238 currently available)
    - Gold medals for all 18 Pokémon types obtained
    - Reached level 30+ on my second account (Valor)
    - Crossed 20,000+ lifetime captures
    - Crossed 3,000+ lifetime evolutions
    - Crossed 25,000+ lifetime PokéStops spun
    - Crossed 1,500+ lifetime eggs hatched
    - Caught 8,000th Normal-type Pokémon
    - Caught 5,000th Flying-type Pokémon
    - Caught 6,000th Poison-type Pokémon
    - Caught 1,000th Ground-type Pokémon
    - Caught 3,000th Bug-type Pokémon
    - Caught 1,000th Fire-type Pokémon
    - Caught 7,000th Water-type Pokémon
    - Caught 2,000th Grass-type Pokémon
    - Caught 1,000th Psychic-type Pokémon
    - ...Caught 2,000th Pidgey and 1,000th Rattata
    Old April 21st, 2017 (2:10 PM).
    Spam Hyper Beam for days
    • Crystal Tier

April 21, 2017:

Another month, another update. This time highlighted by the shiny update as well as a short trip to Asia, including a short stop in Taiwan. I was not able to capitalize much on the Easter event, though I managed to get some value out of it at least.

Captures:

NOTES: I quickly captured my first shiny Magikarp soon after the update was implemented. I caught another shiny one not too long after that. Unfortuntely, both have such horrid IVs (both under 40%) that I just can't consider evolving them.

A couple weeks ago I went to visit Asia, with a few days included in Taiwan. There I caught another Corsola and Farfetch'd. Nothing too fancy about either of them, but they make for good collector additions. Fun fact, I nicknamed this Farfetch'd "Dinner" in Chinese. Corsola's nickname is just its official Chinese name, which translates to "sun coral."

Power-Ups:

NOTES: Main focus were my defensive and utility team members, most notably my newest Dragonite (97.8% IVs: 14/15/15) and second Tyranitar (95.6% IVs: 15/15/13). Both my Snorlax (91.1% IVs: 14/13/14 and 82.2% IVS: 11/11/15, respectively) also received some powerups, but there is little left for me to gain there. My second Blissey (95.6% IVs: 14/15/14) is more of a work in progress as I've switched walking for Larvitar candies to Chansey candies now.

Lastly, I've put a bit of powerups into my Heracross (88.9% IVs: 13/14/13) and Machamp (93.3% IVs: 14/15/13), enough to counter most Blissey I see in Gyms.

Ongoing Goals:

NOTES: Aside from the Blissey above, there are some other Pokémon I wish to power up in the meantime. The priority may be my most recent Gyarados (97.8% IVs: 15/15/14) with an optimal utility moveset. Perhaps pushing it to CP3000 would be ideal.

Other News:

- Reached level 37
    - Crossed 25,000 lifetime captures
    - Caught 9,000th Normal-type Pokémon
    - Caught 6,000th Flying-type Pokémon
    - Caught 2,000th Electric-type Pokémon
    - Caught 1,000th Steel-type Pokémon

Quick Reply