Discussions & Debates Have a seat at Discussions & Debates for in-depth discussions, extended or serious conversations, and current events. From world news to talks on life, growing up, relationships, and issues in society, this is the place to be. Come be a knight.

TrollandToad.com
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1    
Old March 6th, 2017 (12:11 PM).
Esper's Avatar
Esper Esper is offline
  • Silver Tier
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: California
Posts: 10,565
So, about all the talk going around about Russia meddling with American government. What do you think happened? Did Russia get involves in the election? Are the connections between Russian government/business with various members of the Trump team credible? If they are, what should be done? Should there be investigations regardless?
Reply With Quote

Relevant Advertising!

  #2    
Old March 7th, 2017 (1:12 AM).
Hands's Avatar
Hands Hands is offline
I was saying Boo-urns
     
    Join Date: Aug 2016
    Age: 27
    Gender: Male
    Posts: 1,559
    Anything that starves off the war with Russia that the Americans have wanted for decades is a good thing. The world can't survive that nuclear war. Even if Trump and Putin are both awful, disgusting people, their greed might just save us all.
    __________________
    Reply With Quote
      #3    
    Old March 7th, 2017 (2:45 PM).
    gimmepie's Avatar
    gimmepie gimmepie is offline
    Forest's Curse
    • Moderator
    • Platinum Tier
    • EOEvent Organizer
    • PokéCommunity Daily
     
    Join Date: May 2012
    Location: Australia
    Age: 21
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Mild
    Posts: 16,169
    I man, it's pretty clear that Russia was interfering with the election. At this point though I'm not sure what can be done. I think that the best way to go about it really is to take the most passive "retaliation" available and simply remove people who were elected in a falsified/influenced election from office.

    Obviously nothing that will provoke violence or anything is acceptable though. The world doesn't need that.
    __________________
     
    PHANTUMP

    Reply With Quote
      #4    
    Old March 7th, 2017 (5:25 PM).
    BadSheep's Avatar
    BadSheep BadSheep is online now
    I'm baaaaaaaaad
       
      Join Date: Jun 2015
      Location: somewhere (duh)
      Age: 17
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Lax
      Posts: 4,027
      How is interfering with the election defined?
      __________________

      Signature by Nah
      Avatar by Bobbylicious
      Reply With Quote
        #5    
      Old March 7th, 2017 (9:15 PM).
      gimmepie's Avatar
      gimmepie gimmepie is offline
      Forest's Curse
      • Moderator
      • Platinum Tier
      • EOEvent Organizer
      • PokéCommunity Daily
       
      Join Date: May 2012
      Location: Australia
      Age: 21
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Mild
      Posts: 16,169
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by BadSheep View Post
      How is interfering with the election defined?
      Propaganda, business ties to people involved in campaigns and outright hacking all qualify.
      __________________
       
      PHANTUMP

      Reply With Quote
        #6    
      Old March 7th, 2017 (9:22 PM).
      Kanzler's Avatar
      Kanzler Kanzler is offline
      naughty biscotti
      • Crystal Tier
       
      Join Date: Jul 2008
      Location: Toronto
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Relaxed
      Posts: 5,897
      From a geopolitical perspective, what's to lose from fragmenting Russia? It seems like they are a constant thorn in the side of the West, and I'm not too sure if the consequences would be too negative if they were politically neutralized.
      Reply With Quote
        #7    
      Old March 8th, 2017 (12:23 AM).
      Hands's Avatar
      Hands Hands is offline
      I was saying Boo-urns
         
        Join Date: Aug 2016
        Age: 27
        Gender: Male
        Posts: 1,559
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by gimmepie View Post
        Propaganda, business ties to people involved in campaigns and outright hacking all qualify.
        https://wikileaks.org/cia-france-elections-2012/

        Kinda like this? America really has no grounds to complain that Russia might (although there is actually no evidence to back it) have hacked the DNC e mails and revealed their behaviour to the public. America has been ruining elections and countries for decades now.
        Reply With Quote
          #8    
        Old March 8th, 2017 (5:28 AM).
        gimmepie's Avatar
        gimmepie gimmepie is offline
        Forest's Curse
        • Moderator
        • Platinum Tier
        • EOEvent Organizer
        • PokéCommunity Daily
         
        Join Date: May 2012
        Location: Australia
        Age: 21
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Mild
        Posts: 16,169
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Hands View Post
        https://wikileaks.org/cia-france-elections-2012/

        Kinda like this? America really has no grounds to complain that Russia might (although there is actually no evidence to back it) have hacked the DNC e mails and revealed their behaviour to the public. America has been ruining elections and countries for decades now.
        Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the FBI confirm that Russia had indeed tampered with things? Also, the US having done the same thing in the past doesn't suddenly make it okay for other nations to do the same - even to the US. It's not acceptable for any nation to act as such.
        __________________
         
        PHANTUMP

        Reply With Quote
          #9    
        Old March 8th, 2017 (5:31 AM).
        Hands's Avatar
        Hands Hands is offline
        I was saying Boo-urns
           
          Join Date: Aug 2016
          Age: 27
          Gender: Male
          Posts: 1,559
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by gimmepie View Post
          Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the FBI confirm that Russia had indeed tampered with things? Also, the US having done the same thing in the past doesn't suddenly make it okay for other nations to do the same - even to the US. It's not acceptable for any nation to act as such.
          The report filed by the intelligence community gave an inconclusive verdict. The hacker his or her self was thought to be either Russian or Romanian but no solid links to the Russian authorities, services or Govt has been established.
          Reply With Quote
            #10    
          Old March 8th, 2017 (5:34 AM).
          gimmepie's Avatar
          gimmepie gimmepie is offline
          Forest's Curse
          • Moderator
          • Platinum Tier
          • EOEvent Organizer
          • PokéCommunity Daily
           
          Join Date: May 2012
          Location: Australia
          Age: 21
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Mild
          Posts: 16,169
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Hands View Post
          The report filed by the intelligence community gave an inconclusive verdict. The hacker his or her self was thought to be either Russian or Romanian but no solid links to the Russian authorities, services or Govt has been established.
          So essentially, we can be pretty damn sure the Russian's were involved somehow but can't really prove it. This doesn't invalidate the business connections to Trump's campaign/cabinet or the propaganda output from the country.
          __________________
           
          PHANTUMP

          Reply With Quote
            #11    
          Old March 8th, 2017 (5:39 AM).
          Hands's Avatar
          Hands Hands is offline
          I was saying Boo-urns
             
            Join Date: Aug 2016
            Age: 27
            Gender: Male
            Posts: 1,559
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by gimmepie View Post
            So essentially, we can be pretty damn sure the Russian's were involved somehow but can't really prove it. This doesn't invalidate the business connections to Trump's campaign/cabinet or the propaganda output from the country.
            I'm not sure how we can be sure the Russian govt was involved simply because the hacker was thought to be a Russian or Romanian native. That's an insane jump to make. When a Frenchman commits a crime in Britain we don't use that as evidence that the French Govt is an organised Crime gang orchestrating crime on British shores.
            Reply With Quote
              #12    
            Old March 8th, 2017 (5:46 AM).
            gimmepie's Avatar
            gimmepie gimmepie is offline
            Forest's Curse
            • Moderator
            • Platinum Tier
            • EOEvent Organizer
            • PokéCommunity Daily
             
            Join Date: May 2012
            Location: Australia
            Age: 21
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Mild
            Posts: 16,169
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Hands View Post
            I'm not sure how we can be sure the Russian govt was involved simply because the hacker was thought to be a Russian or Romanian native. That's an insane jump to make. When a Frenchman commits a crime in Britain we don't use that as evidence that the French Govt is an organised Crime gang orchestrating crime on British shores.
            Would you accept "considering the nature of the attack, there is a notable increase the probability that Russia tampered with the election"?
            __________________
             
            PHANTUMP

            Reply With Quote
              #13    
            Old March 8th, 2017 (5:58 AM).
            Hands's Avatar
            Hands Hands is offline
            I was saying Boo-urns
               
              Join Date: Aug 2016
              Age: 27
              Gender: Male
              Posts: 1,559
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by gimmepie View Post
              Would you accept "considering the nature of the attack, there is a notable increase the probability that Russia tampered with the election"?
              Well possibly, but there's little to no serious evidence of this. Given the amount of Electoral interference the Americans have ran this past decade you'd think they'd be able to easily prove this if it was the case.
              Reply With Quote
                #14    
              Old March 9th, 2017 (8:54 AM).
              Kanzler's Avatar
              Kanzler Kanzler is offline
              naughty biscotti
              • Crystal Tier
               
              Join Date: Jul 2008
              Location: Toronto
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Relaxed
              Posts: 5,897
              I dunno, Russia is just too darn edgy regarding the US and Europe for my liking. They interfere more than they cooperate.
              Reply With Quote
                #15    
              Old March 9th, 2017 (10:30 AM).
              Esper's Avatar
              Esper Esper is offline
              • Silver Tier
               
              Join Date: Jun 2009
              Location: California
              Posts: 10,565
              Does anyone think that that the Trump team actively sought help from Russia during the election? The different ties (meetings and such) between Trump's people and various Russian officials, pro-Russian Ukrainians, and Russian business interests is pretty well known now, right. Manafort, Page, Flynn, Kushner, Sessions, others I'm probably forgetting.

              I don't want to jump to conspiracy theories, but the theory which says that Putin and co. meddled so that the US would lift sanctions over Ukraine and allow an Exxon deal to go through is pretty hard to ignore when the top US diplomat is the former Exxon CEO, the Trump team specifically asked for the Republican party platform to change to a softer stance on Russia, and basically every day there is more evidence backing up the Buzzfeed pee-pee papers.
              __________________
              Reply With Quote
                #16    
              Old March 15th, 2017 (4:06 AM).
              Grinny55's Avatar
              Grinny55 Grinny55 is offline
                 
                Join Date: Aug 2016
                Gender: Female
                Posts: 18
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Hands View Post
                Anything that starves off the war with Russia that the Americans have wanted for decades is a good thing. The world can't survive that nuclear war. Even if Trump and Putin are both awful, disgusting people, their greed might just save us all.
                completely agree. Nuclear war is the worst thing that could happen. I found info at https://ecotestgroup.com/press/blog/different-uses-applications-radiation-portal-monitors/ that after collapse of the Soviet Union special Radiation Portal Monitors devices were implemented to prevent the ingredients used to make destructive weapons from falling into the wrong hands. I think that nowadays the safety of the whole world depends on such devices.
                Reply With Quote
                  #17    
                Old March 15th, 2017 (7:10 AM).
                Hands's Avatar
                Hands Hands is offline
                I was saying Boo-urns
                   
                  Join Date: Aug 2016
                  Age: 27
                  Gender: Male
                  Posts: 1,559
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Esper View Post
                  Does anyone think that that the Trump team actively sought help from Russia during the election? The different ties (meetings and such) between Trump's people and various Russian officials, pro-Russian Ukrainians, and Russian business interests is pretty well known now, right. Manafort, Page, Flynn, Kushner, Sessions, others I'm probably forgetting.

                  I don't want to jump to conspiracy theories, but the theory which says that Putin and co. meddled so that the US would lift sanctions over Ukraine and allow an Exxon deal to go through is pretty hard to ignore when the top US diplomat is the former Exxon CEO, the Trump team specifically asked for the Republican party platform to change to a softer stance on Russia, and basically every day there is more evidence backing up the Buzzfeed pee-pee papers.
                  Putin's people and Trump's people almost certainly worked out some kind of beneficial situation. Putin probably pushed for a drop of sanctions and for a non aggressor pact and in return offered Trump some kind of financial or resource based trade off. Perhaps gas or coal or something.
                  Reply With Quote
                    #18    
                  Old March 15th, 2017 (10:16 AM).
                  Kanzler's Avatar
                  Kanzler Kanzler is offline
                  naughty biscotti
                  • Crystal Tier
                   
                  Join Date: Jul 2008
                  Location: Toronto
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Relaxed
                  Posts: 5,897
                  Who's ever said that America's wanted a war with Russia?
                  Reply With Quote
                    #19    
                  Old March 15th, 2017 (11:37 PM).
                  Hands's Avatar
                  Hands Hands is offline
                  I was saying Boo-urns
                     
                    Join Date: Aug 2016
                    Age: 27
                    Gender: Male
                    Posts: 1,559
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Kanzler View Post
                    Who's ever said that America's wanted a war with Russia?
                    Have you somehow missed the past 72 years of Russo-American relations and history?
                    Reply With Quote
                      #20    
                    Old March 16th, 2017 (9:46 PM).
                    Kanzler's Avatar
                    Kanzler Kanzler is offline
                    naughty biscotti
                    • Crystal Tier
                     
                    Join Date: Jul 2008
                    Location: Toronto
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Relaxed
                    Posts: 5,897
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Hands View Post
                    Have you somehow missed the past 72 years of Russo-American relations and history?
                    You mean the Cold War where both sides desparately didn't want to get in a war with one another?
                    Reply With Quote
                      #21    
                    Old March 16th, 2017 (11:52 PM).
                    Hands's Avatar
                    Hands Hands is offline
                    I was saying Boo-urns
                       
                      Join Date: Aug 2016
                      Age: 27
                      Gender: Male
                      Posts: 1,559
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Kanzler View Post
                      You mean the Cold War where both sides desparately didn't want to get in a war with one another?
                      I'm talking about the scores of proxy wars the US started against the Soviet Union and it's allies. From Cuba to Nam to Korea to Ethiopia to Nicaragua and dozens more.

                      I'm talking about the outrageous sanctions the US levies against anyone they see as pro Russian for things the US routinely does.

                      I'm talking about the US deploying troops in Poland and Germany to stoke tensions within Europe against Russia. The hundreds of tanks, armored vehicles, weapon platforms and trucks too.

                      I'm talking about Hillary Clinton's rhetoric in the election that she would run no fly zones (which she legally wouldnt of been able to anyway) against the Russians

                      I'm talking about the US sending Special forces units to Lithuania and stationing them on the Russian border.

                      I'm talking about the US openly backing Neo Nazi groups in the Ukraine and helping them overthrow a democratically elected govt.

                      I could go on, but the US has had 70+ years of this crap against Russia (Kennedy, Carter and Johnson being the only presidents to actively oppose conflict with the reds through policy and actual behavior)

                      Russia of course isn't flawless or blameless in any of this, but they've done far more to resist war with America than America has with Russia.
                      Reply With Quote
                        #22    
                      Old March 18th, 2017 (9:02 AM).
                      Kanzler's Avatar
                      Kanzler Kanzler is offline
                      naughty biscotti
                      • Crystal Tier
                       
                      Join Date: Jul 2008
                      Location: Toronto
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Relaxed
                      Posts: 5,897
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Hands View Post
                      I'm talking about the scores of proxy wars the US started against the Soviet Union and it's allies. From Cuba to Nam to Korea to Ethiopia to Nicaragua and dozens more.

                      I'm talking about the outrageous sanctions the US levies against anyone they see as pro Russian for things the US routinely does.

                      I'm talking about the US deploying troops in Poland and Germany to stoke tensions within Europe against Russia. The hundreds of tanks, armored vehicles, weapon platforms and trucks too.

                      I'm talking about Hillary Clinton's rhetoric in the election that she would run no fly zones (which she legally wouldnt of been able to anyway) against the Russians

                      I'm talking about the US sending Special forces units to Lithuania and stationing them on the Russian border.

                      I'm talking about the US openly backing Neo Nazi groups in the Ukraine and helping them overthrow a democratically elected govt.

                      I could go on, but the US has had 70+ years of this crap against Russia (Kennedy, Carter and Johnson being the only presidents to actively oppose conflict with the reds through policy and actual behavior)

                      Russia of course isn't flawless or blameless in any of this, but they've done far more to resist war with America than America has with Russia.
                      Where are you getting your information from?
                      Reply With Quote
                        #23    
                      Old March 19th, 2017 (1:15 AM). Edited March 19th, 2017 by Ivysaur.
                      Ivysaur's Avatar
                      Ivysaur Ivysaur is offline
                      You found a heart!
                      • Crystal Tier
                       
                      Join Date: Mar 2007
                      Location: Madrid
                      Age: 26
                      Gender: Male
                      Posts: 20,644
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Hands View Post
                      I'm talking about the scores of proxy wars the US started against the Soviet Union and it's allies. From Cuba to Nam to Korea to Ethiopia to Nicaragua and dozens more.

                      I'm talking about the outrageous sanctions the US levies against anyone they see as pro Russian for things the US routinely does.

                      I'm talking about the US deploying troops in Poland and Germany to stoke tensions within Europe against Russia. The hundreds of tanks, armored vehicles, weapon platforms and trucks too.

                      I'm talking about Hillary Clinton's rhetoric in the election that she would run no fly zones (which she legally wouldnt of been able to anyway) against the Russians

                      I'm talking about the US sending Special forces units to Lithuania and stationing them on the Russian border.

                      I'm talking about the US openly backing Neo Nazi groups in the Ukraine and helping them overthrow a democratically elected govt.

                      I could go on, but the US has had 70+ years of this crap against Russia (Kennedy, Carter and Johnson being the only presidents to actively oppose conflict with the reds through policy and actual behavior)

                      Russia of course isn't flawless or blameless in any of this, but they've done far more to resist war with America than America has with Russia.
                      The troops in Poland and Germany were requested by Poland and Germany in order to defend themselves against Russia- they don't have fond memlories of Russian domination, mind you.

                      The no-fly zones Clinton suggested were in Syria, to stop the Syrian Government from murdering their own citizens. Why is that a provocation againt Russia?

                      The troops in Lithuania were requested by Lithuania, who is terrified of getting invaded again by Russia the way it was in the 1940s, either openly or through the back door, like when Russian troops invaded Ukraine. Again, they don't have fond memories of Russian domination- and they have seen many of their neighbours getting invaded by Russia in the past years (Georgia, Ukraine). In fact, fear of being invaded by Russia is precisely why Sweden has just reinstated the mandatory draft for teenagers and why Montenegro is applying to join NATO. It's pretty funny that apparently the US is "threatening" Russia and yet it's all the countries near Russia who are asking the US for help.

                      The neo-nazi line is a popular argument of Russian propaganda, but the Maidan revolution was about stopping the then president from ditcing a trade agreement with the EU in order to sign another with Russia. Most of the country had really bad memories of Russian domination, etc, and didn't want to depend on them anymore, they'd ratehr be close to the EU.

                      I don't know, maybe you should stop getting your news from Kremlin-sponsored media like RT, Sputnik or Breitbart.

                      Russia is an authoritarian dictatorship that censors media, manipulates elections, murders dissenters, uses the Government to enrich Putin and his henchmen, threatens their neighbours and sometimes outright attacks them, openly flouting international law. All of that painting itself as a victim. Russia is nothing short of WWI Germany or other militaristic dictatorships.
                      __________________
                      Y hubo tanto amor que no queda nada,
                      Y ahora mírate, no, no, no, no,
                      No puedes ver bien la luz.
                      Cuando todas las historias se acaban
                      Y ya solo quedas tú.



                      Yes kids, once upon a time I was an admin
                      Reply With Quote
                        #24    
                      Old March 20th, 2017 (12:16 AM).
                      Hands's Avatar
                      Hands Hands is offline
                      I was saying Boo-urns
                         
                        Join Date: Aug 2016
                        Age: 27
                        Gender: Male
                        Posts: 1,559
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Ivysaur View Post
                        The troops in Poland and Germany were requested by Poland and Germany in order to defend themselves against Russia- they don't have fond memlories of Russian domination, mind you.
                        Russia hasn't threatened Germany or Poland. Regardless of whether the Americans were asked (though I've seen little evidence of this) or not, a massive build up of forces from an international aggressor is still aggression. In fact, the only open threat from Russia was in response to the increase in US activity in the region.

                        Quote:
                        The no-fly zones Clinton suggested were in Syria, to stop the Syrian Government from murdering their own citizens. Why is that a provocation againt Russia?
                        It was to effect Russian aircraft too. It's also rich coming from America considering how many non combatants they've killed with air strikes in the past 5 years. Neither Russia or America should be there, but it is not for America to tell Russia who can and cannot fly in another country's air space where the Russians were invited (since you see this as justification in Europe) and the Americans were not.

                        Quote:
                        The troops in Lithuania were requested by Lithuania, who is terrified of getting invaded again by Russia the way it was in the 1940s, either openly or through the back door, like when Russian troops invaded Ukraine.
                        The same Lithuania that was occupied by the Polish? The same Lithuania that was invaded by Germany in the same decade? The same Lithuania that Russia has not officially threatened? This is just beating around the bush trying to avoid addressing the threat Russia feels from the Americans. Again, Assad invited Russia into Syria, does that make the presence of Russian forces there ok? Does it justify Russian hardware being set up to 'defend' the government there? If we're going by your logic on this then I'm kind of curious as to where your double standards inevitably begin.

                        Quote:
                        Again, they don't have fond memories of Russian domination- and they have seen many of their neighbours getting invaded by Russia in the past years (Georgia, Ukraine).
                        https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_invasions#2000.E2.80.93present

                        If by "many" you mean the only two you listed, then sure.

                        Only Ukraine wasn't a typical invasion, it was the securing of Russian Strategic interests during a civil war. It's really no different to the Libyan civil war where the British SAS were sent in to British oil fields to secure the assets there and evacuate workers where applicable.

                        So really you have Georgia, which Russia did invade. Nearly a decade ago. It's fairly clear you're deliberately removing context of complicated international situations that took years to come to a head to paint the 'many' (read - two) actions Russia has taken over the past 25 years (Since the fall of the USSR) as nothing more than imperial expansionism. Whilst defending countries that have been actively involved in actual imperial expansionism in the middle east pretty much consistently for the past 15 years. It's disingenuous.

                        Quote:
                        In fact, fear of being invaded by Russia is precisely why Sweden has just reinstated the mandatory draft for teenagers and why Montenegro is applying to join NATO. It's pretty funny that apparently the US is "threatening" Russia and yet it's all the countries near Russia who are asking the US for help.
                        Russia hasn't threatened either Montenegro or Sweden. You'll notice this is a recurring theme here. In that Russia hasn't actively threatened any of these countries you paint as incapable babies who need the US to protect them from this phantom of the Soviet Union. I could say I feel threatened by you and ask another member to come onto my profile and defend me by antagonizing you on every post. That doesn't mean you actually did threaten me or justify my actions. Although a similar scenario is your entire point.

                        Quote:
                        The neo-nazi line is a popular argument of Russian propaganda
                        http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-26468720

                        I didn't realise the British Broadcasting Corporation were Russian Propagandists.
                        https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/nov/13/ukraine-far-right-fascism-mps

                        Or the Guardian

                        https://www.spectator.co.uk/2014/04/how-fascist-is-svoboda/#

                        Or the Spectator

                        I mean I could go on but there's only so many news outlets in the West that are notable enough to link and I think you get the point that, once again, you're being disingenuous.

                        Quote:
                        but the Maidan revolution was about stopping the then president from ditcing a trade agreement with the EU in order to sign another with Russia. Most of the country had really bad memories of Russian domination, etc, and didn't want to depend on them anymore, they'd ratehr be close to the EU.
                        That must justify Fascism, ultra nationalism, antisemitism, racism and all manner of other far right nasties that the Ukrainians find themselves muddled up in.

                        Quote:
                        I don't know, maybe you should stop getting your news from Kremlin-sponsored media like RT, Sputnik or Breitbart.
                        Wow. This is genuinely one of the worst and most lazy statements I've ever replied to here.

                        I have never read Sputnik (I had to google them before typing this) and I have rarely read RT (though they're really no worse than CNN, FOX or Sky when it comes to vested interests). I've only browsed Brietbart in preparation whilst debating against the alt-right. Regardless of any of this and how outright wrong your statement was, you had zero evidence to make it. It's just a lazy dig. Either reply to my comments within reality or don't reply to me at all.

                        Quote:
                        Russia is an authoritarian dictatorship that censors media, manipulates elections, murders dissenters, uses the Government to enrich Putin and his henchmen, threatens their neighbours and sometimes outright attacks them, openly flouting international law. All of that painting itself as a victim. Russia is nothing short of WWI Germany or other militaristic dictatorships.
                        That really isn't far off from America either. Not that it matters if one is a nastier place than the other. We're talking about international aggression, and only one side has deployed masses of troops to the borders of the other.
                        Reply With Quote
                        Reply

                        Quick Reply

                        Join the conversation!

                        Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                        Create a PokéCommunity Account

                        Sponsored Links
                        Thread Tools

                        Posting Rules
                        You may not post new threads
                        You may not post replies
                        You may not post attachments
                        You may not edit your posts

                        BB code is On
                        Smilies are On
                        [IMG] code is On
                        HTML code is Off
                        Minimum Characters Per Post: 25

                        Forum Jump


                        All times are GMT -8. The time now is 5:01 PM.