• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Sigma Σmerald [v1.914]

Years
Like PokeNav rematches, your rival's teams are based off the Pokemon they have in ORAS. The Lilycove match in particular has been buffed by quite a bit (~3-4 levels per 'mon if I remember correctly), and I decided to not add healing items in fear of making the game too difficult for the more casual players.

Are you using a fresh save, ot one created with an older build?

A Fresh Save.
I think the following happened: I had switched the pokédex to the Hoenn Dex mode in the selection menu (so it would be easier to find Hoenn's little monsters that I had not yet captured), but after a few 'saves' my NationalDex returned to the original mode as you can see in the image.

Years
Suggestion:

Give Juan's Kingdra Flash Cannon, Clear Smog, or Hidden Power Poison to deal with Fairies. The first will do, but if possible, Clear Smog or HP Poison will at least partially deal with Azumarill.

Alternatively, Disable would be fun?

Because Play Rough from my Lv. 44 Azumarill holding the Pink Ribbon was a OHKO damage range, but Kingdra was faster.

However, Azumarill is considered a hard counter to Kingdra even on Smogon.

Edit: Also, could we have the B2W2 repel system?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 17, 2022
rom is not working anymore, all you get is a blank screen after you patch, might as well close the thread

Years
rom is not working anymore, all you get is a blank screen after you patch, might as well close the thread

It works fine for me and the rest of the people in the world. The problem is you. Are you patching onto a clean Emerald ROM that isn't zipped or anything? Never patch on a patch unless noted otherwise.

Additionally, I understand that you are new here (in terms of posts), but that last bit was very uncalled for.
  1. The last update was literally this week.
  2. A broken update is the worst reason to close a thread; wouldn't you want to, I don't know?troubleshoot and fix it?
  3. We don't really close threads in the ROM hack section because they are time-consuming and will often go on long hiatuses.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 5, 2017

Use a clean Pokemon Emerald 1.0 ROM with proper emulator settings (save type Flash 128k + real-time clock) and stop being a jerk. The best ROM provider is independent, so search for something like Pokemon Emerald 1.0 (independent) in google.

Years
Suggestion:

Give Juan's Kingdra Flash Cannon, Clear Smog, or Hidden Power Poison to deal with Fairies. The first will do, but if possible, Clear Smog or HP Poison will at least partially deal with Azumarill.

Alternatively, Disable would be fun?

Because Play Rough from my Lv. 44 Azumarill holding the Pink Ribbon was a OHKO damage range, but Kingdra was faster.

However, Azumarill is considered a hard counter to Kingdra even on Smogon.

Edit: Also, could we have the B2W2 repel system?

I'm gonna be going through the entire trainer roster to edit moves once the new battle engine is in the game.

And yes, the repel system is on the way, though it may not be with the next update :)

Years
Glad to see that you are planning on getting the Repel system working (although it isn't just me, sea encounter rates are much lower, aren't they? I think I was getting fewer encounters than my Keen Eye Skarmory holding a Cleanse Tag.) and you plan on updating the teams (I may be able to help; college just got out).
Spoiler:

Anyways, got a "fun" story about the E4.

What happened:
Spoiler:

Edit:
tmp_12443-Sigma Emerald v1.75_1495575186452-434574478.png
Cool story, Birch.

Happened when Birch went to give me the National Dex, the first line.

Nothing else seems messed up, the script seems to continue normally.

Last edited:
Years
Glad to see that you are planning on getting the Repel system working (although it isn't just me, sea encounter rates are much lower, aren't they? I think I was getting fewer encounters than my Keen Eye Skarmory holding a Cleanse Tag.) and you plan on updating the teams (I may be able to help; college just got out).
Spoiler:

Anyways, got a "fun" story about the E4.

What happened:
Spoiler:

Edit:
View attachment 82001
Cool story, Birch.

Happened when Birch went to give me the National Dex, the first line.

Nothing else seems messed up, the script seems to continue normally.

It's probably a good idea to avoid the Smogon-esque 'mons until the overhaul for the Battle Frontier begins; help will most likely be needed there because there's a lot of Pokemon to edit, and cross-gen evos have to be added when they're finished. And like with Zapdos, I plan to nerf Drake's MoxieMence in some way; it's bound to be really broken if the player is caught off-guard (especially on the first e4 run).

Yeah, I still haven't figured out why Birch's dialogue glitches like that. But it's a very minor error so it's of low priority for now (and doesn't really affect the game anyway).

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
Glalie isn't normally Ice/Dark. Glalie is normally a pure Ice type.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
"Glalie has a body made of rock, which it hardens with an armor of ice. This Pok?mon has the ability to freeze moisture in the atmosphere into any shape it desires." -Pokemon Ruby Pokedex entry

Glalie should be Ice/Rock, not only because of the Pokedex entry, but also because it looks like an ice-covered rock.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
"Glalie has a body made of rock, which it hardens with an armor of ice. This Pok?mon has the ability to freeze moisture in the atmosphere into any shape it desires." -Pokemon Ruby Pokedex entry

Glalie should be Ice/Rock, not only because of the Pokedex entry, but also because it looks like an ice-covered rock.

I was not trying to argue what type would be best for Glalie. I was simply trying to say that Glalie is not normally an Ice/Dark type, as was stated in post #310. Glalie is normally a pure Ice type, as is Snorunt.

Last edited:
Years
250px-362Glalie.png

1. Its Japanese name origin from Bulbapedia:
Onigohri is a combination of ? oni (demon) and ? k?ri (ice).

Demon ice.
2. According to the Japanese name, the Dark type is actually the Evil type. ESRB, ya know.
3. It has many deep black markings on it, which are almost always on Dark types.
4. It has ears which seem more like devil horns, and that face doesn't look like it is friendly.
5. "Glalie has the ability to freely control ice. For example, it can instantly freeze its foe solid. After immobilizing its foe in ice, this Pok?mon enjoys eating it in leisurely fashion." -Sapphire Pok?dex. Is that evil enough?

However, other Pok?dex entries like Ruby, which Silverandblaze pointed out, and Sun say that it is a rock.

Argument closed.

I am overriding Game Freak's decision.
Glalie is now officially an Ice/Dark/Rock type.

Have fun with that 8x weakness to Fighting and that 4x weakness to Steel.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
Argument closed.

This was never an argument. This is not about what type would be fitting for Glalie, or what Glalie perhaps should have been. You said in post #310 that you thought Glalie was supposed to be Ice/Dark rather than pure Ice. I will agree that Glalie's movepool would fit it being Ice/Dark, but Glalie is canonically a pure Ice type.

I have not seen anything posted by Draconianwing about changing any Pokemon's types. Therefore, Glalie is supposed to be pure Ice type.

Years
This was never an argument. This is not about what type would be fitting for Glalie, or what Glalie perhaps should have been. You said in post #310 that you thought Glalie was supposed to be Ice/Dark rather than pure Ice. I will agree that Glalie's movepool would fit it being Ice/Dark, but Glalie is canonically a pure Ice type.

I have not seen anything posted by Draconianwing about changing any Pokemon's types. Therefore, Glalie is supposed to be pure Ice type.

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/joke

My reasons were semi-legit, but I never plan on messing with canon.

Years
May you plz add Mega's. Plz plz plz.

Concerning Megas, I'll keep my response the same for now; don't expect a set date, but don't write it off either. But do know that this feature will be very easy to add into the game after cross-gen evos are done ;)

Progress update:
Sigma EM v2 is very slowly, but surely getting there. Editing of base stats for cross-gen evos is now underway, as well as inserting cries.

Years
  • Seen Dec 2, 2017
So are you adding mega evolutions? Having all the updated mechanics from the newest games is great to give new life to such a barren gameplay game as Emerald. You have added everything except them.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 28, 2021
So are you adding mega evolutions? Having all the updated mechanics from the newest games is great to give new life to such a barren gameplay game as Emerald. You have added everything except them.

We just have to have our fingers crossed.

Back