The PokéCommunity Forums Pokémon: Main Series Games Pokémon Sun & Pokémon Moon
Hyper Training

Pokémon Sun & Pokémon Moon Alola, and welcome to the Alola region, Trainer! This is the forum for the first games of the seventh generation, Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon! Are you Team Rowlet, Litten, or Popplio? Do you prefer Solgaleo or Lunala? How do you feel about Alola forms? Talk about those and more here!

Old February 17th, 2017 (8:07 AM).

Nature: Quiet
Surprised a thread wasn't made about this yet!

So, Hyper Training! A new thing introduced in SM where a man named Mr. Hyper will, for the price of 1 Bottle Cap or 1 Golden Bottle Cap, either "maximize" one IV or "maximize" all of one Pokemon's IVs. Keep in mind though that the IVs aren't really changed per se, but rather their stats are changed to reflect what they would be if the Pokemon has 31 IVs in a particular stat (or all stats in the case of Golden Bottle Caps).

There is a catch though: If you want to max out either one or all of a particular Pokemon's IVs, that Pokemon has to be Lv. 100. This gives a purpose to grinding to Lv. 100, except for those of us who are familiar with SM's post-game know that grinding is a laborous task and isn't easy in the slightest.

Have any of you taken advantage of this so far? What Pokemon have you Hyper Trained? How does it compare to IV Breeding?

we're living limitless

Relevant Advertising!

Old February 17th, 2017 (8:11 AM).
Take a moment to chill

Nature: Calm
I have a gold bottle cap on me, I'm trying to get Pheromosa to level 100 to hyper train.

The Pheromosa is traded, it also has the refresh exp boost, and his holding a lucky egg.

It's only level 65 after one round of the e4. This is going to be hard.
Old February 17th, 2017 (10:21 AM).
Be true to yourself

Nature: Gentle
I used a Gold Bottle Cap on my Shiny Kalos caught Shiny Blastoise. I accrued a lot of Rare Candys with Battle Points from the Battle Tree. I think I got him to Level 75 before using Rare Candys to get the rest of the levels.

Fighting Pelipper and Raticate endlessly to grind levels is no fun and Chansey is an SOS only encounter.

Current Game - Pokemon Sun - Pokedex Complete
Old February 17th, 2017 (12:05 PM).

Nature: Quiet
The first Pokemon I Hyper Trained was my Porygon-Z. I'm planning on Hyper Training my Flygon next, as well as maybe some others that don't come to mind at the moment.

While it's a pain in the ass to get to Lv. 100, I don't really have that much patience to IV breed much, so Hyper Training would have to do for the most part.

we're living limitless

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links