• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Time Warp Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koyan

Ghost/Dark Trainer
Years
On your sign-up it just seemed that you're only using the Sphinx rule, when you need to use both (Sphinx and Slave) since neither are marked optional.

I was commenting on how creepy it is. :3

Years
Hello KagamiChan! I wish to redo this challenge please.

Username: joshbl56
Game:
LeafGreen (because I don't normally play Gen I remakes)
Era: The Post-Apocalyptic Scenario

I'll try to start the challenge tonight

Koyan

Ghost/Dark Trainer
Years
Question about Lucario and the Steel type limitations in the Egyptian Era: Lucario is listed as a MANDATORY pokemon in gen IV, but it's banned for being Steel type... Is it banned, or what? Egyptians were the first civilization to create Bronze (Info for a good excuse, I guess.)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
Question about Lucario and the Steel type limitations in the Egyptian Era: Lucario is listed as a MANDATORY pokemon in gen IV, but it's banned for being Steel type... Is it banned, or what? Egyptians were the first civilization to create Bronze (Info for a good excuse, I guess.)

Well, I kept the Era pretty much the way the person that suggested it was. And the only exception to every banned types list is the mandatory Pokémon. I do know that some of the Mandatory ones are of types that are listed under banned types (like some of the fossil pokémon in the Jurassic Jam and Lucario in Egyptian Era), but the Mandatory Pokémon were chosen to better represent each Era. So you can say they're your work-around for the banned list.

Last edited:

Koyan

Ghost/Dark Trainer
Years
Well, I kept the Eras pretty much the way the person that suggested it was. And the only exception to every banned types list is the mandatory Pokémon. I do know that some of the Mandatory ones are of types that are listed under banned types (like some of the fossil pokémon in the Jurassic Jam and Lucario in Egyptian Era), but the Mandatory Pokémon were chosen to better represent each Era. So you can say they're your work-around for the banned list.

Ah, I understand. Lucario was based on the Egyptian God Anubis (It's the accepted theory) so I was kind of hopeful to have a Lucario named Anubis to go with my Purrloin named Bastet... <_< Yeah... All of my Egyptian Pokes are named after Egyptian Gods so far. I understand, though. I caught a Riolu and boxed him, because I wasn't sure I could use him.

Update 1:

Current Pokemon:

Level 15 Purrloin, Nicknamed Bastet

Level 12 Pidove, Nicknamed Nekhbet

Badges Collected:

Basic Badge

Last edited:

Cossolotto32

Pokemon Collector!
Years
Update 2-
Easily got trhough bugy's gym with some rock throws from Bogut. Gastly got some minutes against the rival on our way inside the forest area. We caught the farfetch'd's and headed north toward goldenrod. Finished off a bunch of noob trainers and went to the radio tower to get whitney back into the gym

I challenged the gym with Bogut and he took every attack the jigglypuffs and clefairys threw at him. Miltank came uon us and attracted both Ouija and Bogut every time they came out, so the battle was a little stretched out. We won though!

Going north, fighting some more trainers, wee got our third member! Sudowoodo! Named him Cedar. Just finishing the rival battle in the burnt tower, Now standing in the face of Mortty and his Gengars powerful Shadow Ball :(

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
The Time Warp Challenge now features 4 new Eras and a somewhat new look xD Be sure to check things out on the first post <3

Koyan

Ghost/Dark Trainer
Years
The Time Warp Challenge now features 4 new Eras and a somewhat new look xD Be sure to check things out on the first post <3

I love the new look! And after I finish the Egyptian Era, I'm totally doing the Mobster one. o.o

Years
  • Seen May 19, 2016
OHMYGOD AWESOME.

I'm happy because it's became so much cooler, but sad because it means I have to do more work to pass the challenge! But am happy because it means more Pokémon! :D

Koyan

Ghost/Dark Trainer
Years
Update 2:

Current Pokemon:

Level 18 Purrloin, nicknamed Bastet

Level 24 Tranquill, nicknamed Nekhbet (No visible nose)

Level 19 Eevee, nicknamed Khonsu

Level 20 Koffing, nicknamed Serqet (No visible nose)

Badges Collected:

Basic Badge

Toxic Badge

Insect Badge

Years
Okay, I'm going to do this update now since it is late.

Pokemon LeafGreen
Number of Badges:
50px-Boulder_Badge.png
50px-Cascade_Badge.png
50px-Thunder_Badge.png
50px-Rainbow_Badge.png

*I started the game, named myself POS (It was suppose to be POST but I was using the speed button)
*Got a charmander, named it Kyle and lost my first fight
*Helped oak, got the town map and captured a weedle (Cartman), who showed me my first taste of how bitter this challenge would be.
*After dying countless times (no joke either. If Pokemon were real, they would get me for abuse because of how many times they died) BUT Cartman finally evolved to a beedrill.
*After getting Kyle to level 14, I challenged Brock, using metal claw to destroy his whole team and he evolved.
*After dying again to use the Pokecenter, I went and caught a Nidoran♀ (Bonnie), I ran up to the Pokecenter near Mt. Moon so I could be revived near it. Cue another 'Train until you all die' session until I got Bonnie to evolve, in which I finally used it without having to faint (I also had no money at all :| ). Also caught a Geodude (Amber).
*I was able to go through Mt. Moon pretty quickly thanks to the team, taught Bonnie (after getting her to Level 22 for bite and then evolving her with the moon stone) Mega Kick and Kyle Mega Punch. Also defeated Gary in Cerulean.
I lost TONS of times (more than when I was trying to evolve Cartman into a Beedrill) against Misty. I instead went up Nugget Bridge and to Bill's house to train (and get those tickets for the ship). Went back and died a few more time but finally won with Mega Kick from Bonnie and Twineedle from Cartman.
*Down to Vermillion, where I defeated my rival again and then got cut (which I taught Cartman). Also defeated Lt. Surge with Amber and got her to evolve to a Graveler. I then went to the Pokecenter and evolved her again into a Golem.
*Back up and around Cerulean, I went through Rock Tunnel (where I caught an Onix, who I named Mendy) and into Lavender Town, where I defeated my Rival again.
*More grinding until I got to Celadon, where I went and grabbed Eevee (Mike) and bought a Fire Stone to evolve it into Flareon.
*Took out the gym here and Erika with only Kyle (had to stop it from evolving so I could keep using it). Went through Rocket's Liar and defeated Giovanni to get the Scope.
*Started to sell a lot of stuff and grabbed the Coin Case. Went to the Game Corner, where I was finally (FINALLY!) able to buy a Pinsir (Yeah, I'm pretty much poor again thanks to the dang thing :\ )
*Back to Lavender Town, I was able to get a Ghastly, who I've trained up to a Haunter and then traded to evolve into a Gengar.

Current Team:
Spoiler:

Notable Pokemon:
Spoiler:

Pokecenters Left:
Pewter
Vermillion
Celadon

Last edited:

Cossolotto32

Pokemon Collector!
Years
Update 3-
Morty proved to be a tough challenge, I wasn't able to beat him with my core team of Ouija, Bogut, and Cedar, as they all got PWND by shadow ball!

I advanced to the next route and met up with 2 new members of our team! Jacomella the Miltank! And Slater the Tauros. Since both Pokemon have a pretty low encounter rate on route 38 in SS, it took a while to find them, but gave us a chance to level up and get everyone caught up.

My team of 5 took on the next rout full of trainers. It gave me a good opportunity to get to know my new friends! We arrived at Olivine City and scaled the lighthouse! We picked up some numbers for our Pokegear after beating up some trainers, and caught up with Jasmine at the top.

She asked us to help out Ampharos as he appeared sick, and that involved surfing to Cianwood. So I headed back east to help out the kimono girl in Ekruteak and got surf which was taught to Slater. (Surfing Tauros;))

Currently we are surfing, battling any trainer we see, to Cianwood to get our next gym badge and pick up the secret medicine for Ampharos!

Until next time!

Rewy

untitled follower
Years
Update #6 for Emerald !Final
Spoiler:

Just in case it was missed out with the mass of people joining the challenge, but my LeafGreen final post was here: -link-

Xaldin

Big things come in Nice packages.
Years
Hacking isn't allowed,but are we allowed to play on a hacked game(Like Storm Silver,or Blaze Black)?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
Hacking isn't allowed,but are we allowed to play on a hacked game(Like Storm Silver,or Blaze Black)?

yes, playing on hacks is allowed, but you have to decide when the challenge ends. Depends on how great the difference between the hacked version and the original one is o.o

Xaldin

Big things come in Nice packages.
Years
Sweet,Then I'll sign up for this in advance :D

Username: LiteSandwich
Game: Sacred Silver(Drayano's Hack of Soul Silver)
Era: Mobster Mania
Gonna be Al Capone up in this.I <3 Honchkrow.One more question. if Poison types are allowed,but Flying types aren't,does that mean that Crobat is banned?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
Sweet,Then I'll sign up for this in advance :D

Username: LiteSandwich
Game: Sacred Silver(Drayano's Hack of Soul Silver)
Era: Mobster Mania
Gonna be Al Capone up in this.I <3 Honchkrow.One more question. if Poison types are allowed,but Flying types aren't,does that mean that Crobat is banned?

yes, Crobat is(was) banned.
I answered a question related to dual types with one allowed type and one banned type a page back xD
you can't use those. unless they're on the Mandatory Pokémon list.

EDIT: changed Umbreon for Crobat on Gen 2 Mandatory Pokémon for the Mobster Mania.
By Gen 2 I also mean the remakes and hacks of remakes >.> so you're free to get Crobat cause you have to xD lol

Last edited:

Koyan

Ghost/Dark Trainer
Years
Update 3:

Current Pokemon:
Level 25 Yamask, nicknamed Osiris (No visible nose)

Level 32 Krokorok, nicknamed Sobek

Level 24 Liepard, nicknamed Bastet

Level 30 Tranquill, nicknamed Nekhbet (No visible nose)

Level 22 Eevee, nicknamed Khonsu

Level 22 Koffing, nicknamed Serqet (No visible nose)

Badges Collected:

Basic Badge

Toxic Badge

Insect Badge

Bolt Badge

StinkomanFan

The Thing with Questionable Taste
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 3, 2015
I lied a bit, there aren't any updates on weekends.
Spoiler:

TEAM:
Spoiler:

See you tomorrow!

Koyan

Ghost/Dark Trainer
Years
Update 4:

Current Pokemon:

Level 29 Umbreon, nicknamed Khonsu

Level 31 Tranquill, nicknamed Nekhbet

Level 29 Yamask, nicknamed Osiris