• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cardboard Roof

PokéROM Hacker
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 15, 2013
1. Im not sure if im allowed to do this but... I am looking for a team that can most likely 1 off me. I need help with 2 scripts. Thats all. In return I have pretty decent mapping skills. Anyone up for a trade?

2. Why are there 2 saffron cities in A-map?

Last edited:
Years
Hey, I'm having trouble with the hidesprite command. When I create a person event, it obviously doesn't have a Person ID. Can I just input a (random) number in the Person ID box in AdvanceMap? If so, what's wrong with this script:
Person ID: 0002
#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
lock
faceplayer
msgbox @1 0x6
hidesprite 0x0002
setflag 0x002
release
end

#org @1
= Hide!
It just hides the person last talked to. (Which appears right after it, as if there was no flag set.)

Thanks in advance

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
Hey, I'm having trouble with the hidesprite command. When I create a person event, it obviously doesn't have a Person ID. Can I just input a (random) number in the Person ID box in AdvanceMap? If so, what's wrong with this script:
Person ID: 0002

It just hides the person last talked to. (Which appears right after it, as if there was no flag set.)

Thanks in advance
It should be hidesprite 0x[person event number]; Not the person ID. The person ID is used to set the flag. You could also do:
Spoiler:
And 0x2 is a used flag. Try using another flag.

Years
It should be hidesprite 0x[person event number]; Not the person ID. The person ID is used to set the flag. You could also do:
Spoiler:
And 0x2 is a used flag. Try using another flag.
It worked! Thanks. I didn't knew I had to use the event nr. with hidesprite. And about the variable 0x800F: I know and that worked, but I had to make an other sprite disappear ;)
Thanks again!

PS: I just realised this should be in the Script Help thread, not here... Oops!

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
Years
how do i make it so that someone will say different things and be in a different place once a certain event has passed?

i want to make a man who would previously block the way move after a certain battle.

Years
  • Seen Nov 17, 2010
I'm working on a hack for Fire Red. I implemented custom overworld sprites for the player and rival using NSE. They look fine, but when I look in still water, the reflection's palette is messed up. How do go about fixing the reflection? Thanks!

Years
Hello again. Is there a possible way to, instead of inserting movements of person events/OW's in scripts, call a frame of the OW? I'm not really interested in moving a specific person to a place, just showing different frames to make a sort of animation of that OW sprite.
Example: I'd like to only show the frame "walking down left leg down", but not in combination with "walking down right leg down" and "standing face down" as would happen with applymovement #raw 0x10 (step down) or 0x21 (step on the spot face down).

Years
>.< Right, sorry, gah, I probably should've have decided to tackle something difficult without actually doing some damn research.
It's quite alright, and in all fairness I had dabbled in Rom hacking before, but it's literally only in the last month that I've actually tried to learn about it, so you'd be surprised how much you can learn when you put your mind to it. So don't give up on something because it's difficult, just try take little steps to get there first! =D

And what's a ROMbase?
A ROMbase is a rom that's been modified in a way, say the textures have been changed. And then given out to the 'public' in the form of a patch for people to use.
A few of them can be found in this forum. The most widely known one is JPAN's FireRed engine.
pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=194241
or here at the resources thread:
pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=193327

By extra moves, I meant adding, say, Dark Pulse to Emerald (I apologise for being so unclear before). Looks like I'll probably just skip this for now, until I actually learn what to do...

The only real difficulty I can see with adding moves is animations really, unless you leave out the animation for a time until you can 'perfect' it I guess.
I suppose this raises a new question; if I want to learn how to hack Emerald, what should I start learning? I know next to nothing, besides toying with the odd tool here or there.
pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58
Go read the tutorials there for whatever game you're going to edit, over, and over, and over, and over again. Then go experiment, if it doesn't work, rinse and repeat.

I havn't got 15 posts yet so I can't post those as links -_- ah well, the point is where to go is there.

Hopefully I answered your questions ^-^

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
Years
i havent been on hacking for a year now and forgot how to insert newer sprites like HG SS sprites on my Fire red hack. i tried to insert sprites based on how much i can remember it and i keep getting image is not indexed.
forgot how to fix that :(
im using unlz gba

Orinjmate

The Orinj of the Mate
Years
How do I insert the Fire Red water animation into Emerald? The animation's not in animeditor and tilemolester is so jumbled and complicated to use that I'll never find it and even if I did I wouldn't know how to edit it.

Andrut

Collecting dust since 1898
Years
How do I insert the Fire Red water animation into Emerald? The animation's not in animeditor and tilemolester is so jumbled and complicated to use that I'll never find it and even if I did I wouldn't know how to edit it.
I'm pretty sure it's in animation editor. Search it, try the palette 4 and you'll recognize it.

Years
i havent been on hacking for a year now and forgot how to insert newer sprites like HG SS sprites on my Fire red hack. i tried to insert sprites based on how much i can remember it and i keep getting image is not indexed.
forgot how to fix that :(
im using unlz gba

-Image must be 64x64 pixels
-Use a program like GIMP to turn the RGB image into an indexed 16color image
-In the indexed color palette move your backgroundcolor to the first colorslot(that's the color that will be transparent!)
-Goto the image of the pokemon sprite you want to replace in ULNZ-GBA
-Import the image
-Write the image to your rom(if it's too big find a new offset with free space finder), also export the palette

TA-DAH!!! Image successfully imported:)

Doing it this way for the backsprite will not work for some odd reason, it will leave the backspriteimage's colors screwed over.
I think this has to do with the order of the colors. If you paste the backsprite in your frontsprite, and then import it. It will look like it is supposed to. The only possible reason i can think off for this is that the colors of the indexed palette of the front and backsprite have to be in the same order.

As far as i've noticed this is the easyest way of importing sprites, yet no tutorial i've seen does it this way. If people request it, i will make a tutorial on it.

peace!

Orinjmate

The Orinj of the Mate
Years
I'm pretty sure it's in animation editor. Search it, try the palette 4 and you'll recognize it.
I know about the palette, on Fire Red only the rapid water is there and on Emerald I can't click the Load Animations Button (and btw on FR you can't click the Insert Routine button aswell)

Spiky-Eared Pichu

NDS Hacker/Researcher
Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2019
I'm trying to edit tileset 0 (Pokémon Emerald) with Advance Map, but when I try to import the tileset (which is indexed) the maps appear pink with some pieces of tiles. What's wrong with the tileset?

astar_01

Creator of Pokémon Grey
Years
Does anybody know the palette for the BAG interior?
Not the palettle for the BAG itself but the background etc.
I know how to use APE, But it couldn't find the palette on searching.

pokemongreyimage16.png

I want the palette for the Green and Yellow colors.
Thanks.

Orinjmate

The Orinj of the Mate
Years
Does anybody know the palette for the BAG interior?
Not the palettle for the BAG itself but the background etc.
I know how to use APE, But it couldn't find the palette on searching.

pokemongreyimage16.png

I want the palette for the Green and Yellow colors.
Thanks.
Okay, long explanation coming up - go on the game on VBA then get up the bag menu, then click tools, palette viewer. Open up hex workshop (if you don't already have it then download it), once opened press ctrl+F, then on the palette viewer the colours you will use are the top row of 16 on background, so what you have to type in the search box now on hex workshop is each of those colour's 'Value' which is under address by the way, with the first two and the last two swapped around (example - EA6F = 6FEA) then go along and type in the whole of the top row like that into the search window of hex workshop and then click search, it should highlight a row or two, then the offset on the left of the first row should be the palette offset.
I know that you're not going to understand a word I just said are you?

Bumping my question:-
How do I insert the Fire Red water animation into Emerald? If it is on animeditor on Emerald OR Fire Red please tell me where and how to export/import (I really need someone to do a tutorial on animated tiles!!! (the one on WAH doesn't help :/))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back