• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: The Anime Chat Café

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
Years
Electroweb may be a tactical improvement but I counter that it's a giant middle finger to us fans and anyone who's played the games. Firstly, Electroweb is not in Pikachu's learnset(meaning it doesn't learn it naturally). If it were to learn it, it does so via Move Tutors which I don't think qualifies seeing as Ash didn't even try to train Pikachu to learn such a move(unlike when he taught Pikachu Iron Tail back at the beginning of Hoenn).

You described it's level up movepool. Move Tutor moves are still considered part of the learnset.

Besides, Electroball looked off at the start of the episode. Sure enough, Electroweb starts with the Electroball animation since it's a progression of Electroball.

Secondly, such a move should be reserved exclusively for the Joltik line or at most BUG Type Pokemon and not an Electric Mouse.

Uhh no...only signature moves should be exclusive to a Pokemon. Anything else is fair game, even if some moves might suit other Pokemon more.

Thirdly, the writers had Pikachu learn Electroweb to avoid a Z-Move and then had it use it again offensively so that Mimikyu couldn't avoid its own signature move(which again appears out of thin freaking air). A new move and a Z-Crystal appearing out of thin freaking air again doesn't cover bad writing and a clear lack of respect for longtime viewers and those who play the games. Team Rocket did everything right, for a change, and they got screwed over not by Bewear(like in Episode 12) but by Pikachu conveniently learning a new move it had no business learning in the first place.

The only part I agree with was the fact the Z-move came out of nowhere again (probably just to have a clash between Mimikyu and Pikachu).

I don't see how Team Rocket did everything right...because it was mainly Mimikyu doing it's own thing with barely any commands from Jessie and, funnily enough, this whole battle actually emulated Acerola's trial and Totem Pokemon (which in all honesty is probably what the writers were going for).

Years
Uhh no...only signature moves should be exclusive to a Pokemon. Anything else is fair game, even if some moves might suit other Pokemon more.

Just keep in mind he has an opinion. Besides, Electroweb was originally learned only by the Joltik line, but then in B2/W2, the move got distributed to more Electric and Bug-types thanks to Move Tutors. The Joltik line is still the only one to get it via level-up, though.

Also, Ash's Pikachu is the first time the move was used in the anime by something other than Joltik or Galvantula, considering how very associated with that line it is.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Pikachu.... Electroweb?

What. How does the web even form, like, what.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 14, 2019
Electroball had more power and it was a great move for Pikachu, Electroweb is an okay move for Pikachu i guess. But Electroball will be miss and it was a really cool attack move.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Hello everyone, a few months back I reported that one of the animators for the Pokemon Anime, who also showed bits of the Lillie/Ash vs Lusamine showdown way way before the actual episode came out, has been drawing a ton of old characters. One included Looker and Anabel which was most likely a future episode. Anyway, that isn't what this post is about.

One thing I have noticed, the same animator has been reading and drawing a ton of the manga characters. It may be nothing and he might just be trying to recreate the art style. But I figured it be interesting to mention, especially since he has been reading it almost nonstop for the last month or so.

It is interesting none the less. So if they were to ever make the pokemon anime inspired by the manga, like most animes, would it interest you?

I would definitely. I love the manga and have read everything up to about half way through BW2 manga and most of XY manga. The theme is far darker than the anime we know, especially Kanto - Hoenn and Unova. The characters were amazing, except for Emerald who just largely annoyed the heck out of me, and I would love to see them animated.

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Only characters I?d love to see animated would be Lisia(she?s hot and fabulous as Wallace?s niece), Wally(self-explanatory) and Zinnia(why not with a great theme to boot). Oh and Daisy Oak or Gary Oak?s older sister. The fact she?s a Top coordinator and someone Ash even has a crush on would make for quite the dynamic between her and Serena. If you thought Serena vs. Miette was good for the Anime, Serena vs. Daisy would be way better.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Only characters I?d love to see animated would be Lisia(she?s hot and fabulous as Wallace?s niece), Wally(self-explanatory) and Zinnia(why not with a great theme to boot). Oh and Daisy Oak or Gary Oak?s older sister. The fact she?s a Top coordinator and someone Ash even has a crush on would make for quite the dynamic between her and Serena. If you thought Serena vs. Miette was good for the Anime, Serena vs. Daisy would be way better.

Ah, you're talking The Electric Tale Of Pikachu here? :) It's an adaptation of the anime itself, although different in ways!

The Pokemon Adventures manga is DEFINITELY something I'd love to see a well made, more realistic anime made of. The R/S Hoenn arc is simply amazing - the ending??? Agdjdkfk And the Yellow arc of course.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
i'd rather Pokemon Adventures animated. It'll probably never happen, though... which is sad. :x
It'd be so amazing to see an anime of this series. (Too bad it's too violent LMFAO).

Years
I'd looove to see Adventures animated. The Kanto arc was absolutely amazing, like you have no idea.

& also love the SuMo anime ; ; the characters are amazing and this series is so entertaining. Currently on ep 20 (watching Japanese version), trying my best to catch up!!

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
I'd looove to see Adventures animated. The Kanto arc was absolutely amazing, like you have no idea.

& also love the SuMo anime ; ; the characters are amazing and this series is so entertaining. Currently on ep 20 (watching Japanese version), trying my best to catch up!!

You must have different standards/tastes or I'm just overly critical of SuMo. I have it ranked as the worst series in the entire history of the Franchise(even beating out the Black Sheep in Best Wishes).

Also, following review is of an Episode you haven't seen yet but I insist you watch the first ~25 seconds because I find it incredibly funny(and prophetic considering we're 87 Episodes in and someone hasn't been rumored to come back yet).

Spoiler:

Years
lmao yeah I love it. I love TR a lot this time around too, the reason I could never consistently go through more than half of most past seasons is because 90% of the episodes were just the same Team Rocket steals x, Ash and co. stop them. It got exhausting, yet now I enjoy seeing them on screen since it's not as overbearing and they're a lot more entertaining. Always loved them as characters so I want nothing more than for them to be enjoyable to watch. Though the few XY episodes I've watched all the way through were great and I did watch at least 50% of Best Wishes before I got busy/distracted/forgetful.

and lol yes! Seen clips from that episode already. The references they scatter about are great.

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
lmao yeah I love it. I love TR a lot this time around too, the reason I could never consistently go through more than half of most past seasons is because 90% of the episodes were just the same Team Rocket steals x, Ash and co. stop them. It got exhausting, yet now I enjoy seeing them on screen since it's not as overbearing and they're a lot more entertaining. Always loved them as characters so I want nothing more than for them to be enjoyable to watch. Though the few XY episodes I've watched all the way through were great and I did watch at least 50% of Best Wishes before I got busy/distracted/forgetful.

and lol yes! Seen clips from that episode already. The references they scatter about are great.

Well to be honest while I agree with you that the daily TR steals x and Ash&Co stop them does get boring after awhile, TR(specifically JJM) should have been retired at the end of Johto since they have no influence in other regions. They only kept them(along with Ash) to yield some sense of continuity from region to region. In other words, their usefulness within the Anime has long since expired and is why they had Jessie become a Coordinator(in AG/DP)/Performer(XY) to breathe some life and vitality into their stale characters. The one lone exception was during Best Wishes when they set out to capture Meloetta. When that ultimately failed, they reverted back to their old capture Pikachu routine. To be frank I thought they were at their best when going after Meloetta.

SuMo version is a definite change of pace as they?re not in every Episode anymore but that?s going to change very quickly. Ironically TR in SuMo has slowly grown on me and become one of its bright spots. It?s just everything else(save for a few characters/Episodes) drives me nuts.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
With the Japanese voice actor of Prof. Oak passing away, it has been confirmed that he will remain in the anime till October in Japan, this likely means that the current season of Japanese version of pokemon will end in Japan in October or around that time and Prof. Oak will be making a return.

RIP Unshō Ishizuka you will be missed by many, even outside of Pokemon.

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Well the Japanese Anime has released info on Episodes 87-89 and it involves a 3 episode Necrozma arc(with Lunala making an appearance. Whether that will includes Team Rocket(Giovanni) I don't know(and I don't want to know)). Considering the first English Season is 43 Episodes long, if the Japanese dub were to stop there, it'd put the 2nd English Season at 45 Episodes(since they didn't air SM64).

At present pace on the English Dub, they intend to air 1 Episode/Saturday up until the end of September(which corresponds with September 29th and SM72). That leaves 17 Episodes on the English Dub, hence pointing to a mini-marathon sometime in October or November to finish the English Dub season prior to going on break in December like last time(plus Movie#21 will be airing soon. Btw, anyone get the Japanese movie sale figures for that?). The likelihood of a marathon goes up if the Japanese dub happens to be longer than 89 Episodes(say 92 or heck 94 like Pokemon XY. 94 would take it to October 11th while 92 takes it to the end of September(September 27th)).

I have a feeling that the Necrozma arc will finish this season off before going into Season #2 with Poni Island(final trial) and Alolan League. Furthermore, every 2nd Japanese Season of a particular series has a "return" for popular characters. Misty returned in Season 7(plus Season 9 and 20 for anniversary), May in Season 11 and Dawn in Season 15(Iris sadly got the shaft). If Serena was to make a return, it'd be early on in Season 2 of the Japanese Dub(really late by Pokegirl standards but still tradition if its to happen).

Years
With the Japanese voice actor of Prof. Oak passing away, it has been confirmed that he will remain in the anime till October in Japan, this likely means that the current season of Japanese version of pokemon will end in Japan in October or around that time and Prof. Oak will be making a return.

RIP Unshō Ishizuka you will be missed by many, even outside of Pokemon.

I guess they'll plan to have Oak appear around that time so they can show off the new VA. I do hope they've picked someone who can do a near-impression of Ishizuka's voice.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 30, 2018
Hey fellow pokefans I watch lot of Pokemon shows how you feel about ultra sun and moon

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Hey fellow pokefans I watch lot of Pokemon shows how you feel about ultra sun and moon

I would know UsUm because I haven't played them(no 2/3DS). Anime honestly is a departure from the games though and I struggle to get through each new Episode. Granted there are a few nuggets here and there(like the Episode involving Stoutland dying.... wasn't expecting that) but overall this series has been an abject disappointment and when I get word that they're moving Sun and Moon from Thursdays to Sundays in Japan is an indicator that its not working in their home market.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
I'm indifferent until I hear him for the first time in his new role. He has the credentials for it so I wish him all the luck in the world as he has big shoes to fill. Interesting how the Japanese Dub is still going... Here I thought the season would end by now but I can only assume Poni Island is after this Necrozma arc.

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 27, 2023
I'm indifferent until I hear him for the first time in his new role. He has the credentials for it so I wish him all the luck in the world as he has big shoes to fill. Interesting how the Japanese Dub is still going... Here I thought the season would end by now but I can only assume Poni Island is after this Necrozma arc.

There's still several Z-Crystals and Z-Moves to show off, as well as Trials, Ultra Beasts, the Ultra Recon Squad, Rainbow Rocket, Team Skull, and the League

And that's not factoring in whatever original content they decide to do, like adding in LGPE promotions like Ash's new eevee and Brock and Misty coming to Alola (or maybe we're moving to Kanto for an arc so Team Rocket can be relevant again)

Back