• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokemon Pyrite

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 26, 2018
Found this. Read "League Rematch". Decided to play.

By the way, what's the level cap of the Gym Leaders? I hate to overlevel and breeze through games.

If I recall, Falkner cap is 20, Bugsy is 30. I feel Falkner is still on the easy side, but depending on your team/levels Bugsy can be surprisingly tough.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 26, 2018
Anyone know where Heracross is? It doesn't appear on my Pokedex at all, checked Morning, Day and Night times.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 26, 2018
Heracross appears in Kanto, Viridian Forest, any time of day, 5% chance, always at lvl 66. Best available fighting types prior to that are probably Machamp or Poliwrath according to Crystal_. I'm going to try using Kangaskhan :D

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 28, 2023
What's the mechanics for shiny breeding? Because I caught a shiny Ditto bred it with my Vaporeon and now I have four shiny Eevee. I haven't even got a single normal Eevee egg lol Am I just lucky or is this a glitch? Either way I'm loving my collection so far.

Years
What's the mechanics for shiny breeding? Because I caught a shiny Ditto bred it with my Vaporeon and now I have four shiny Eevee. I haven't even got a single normal Eevee egg lol Am I just lucky or is this a glitch? Either way I'm loving my collection so far.

In Pokemon Pyrite, shiny Pokemon are those with a Defense and Special DV of 13 each.

A Pokemon inherits from one of their parents the Defense DV, as well as the Special DV 50% of the time. Specifically, these DVs are inherited from the parent of the opposite gender, or always from Ditto if used.

Therefore, breeding with a shiny Ditto outputs a 50% chance of spawning a shiny Pokemon.

Years
  • Age 82
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Is a save from this hack compatible with Stadium 2? Only change the OP indicates that would change the save game directly is the Shiny tweak, but I have no idea how Stadium 2's linkup works internally.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 23, 2023
Is there a way to obtain the other starters in the game. I am on my way to Azalea but thought I should check up on any thing. Also i started the game did maybe 30~ or 40~ Soft Resets and got shiny cyndaquil. Also I wanted to know how late in game can Celebi be found I'd like to soft reset it's shiny and use it on my team.

Thanks for any help given.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 23, 2023
I am officially stuck in Surge's Gym the puzzle is in no way easy and the trainers are not helpful with hints and I cannot get out so i have no idea what to do. Please Help.

Years
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
I just started this hack and it's really a great improvement over the original. Thank you for this.

However, I do have one question. I beat the gym trainers in Falkners gym but lost to Falkner himself. When I re-entered the gym I was unable to battle the regular trainers and went straight to Falkner. In the OP it mentions how we have to battle the whole gym in succession. Is this change intended? Regardless, thanks again.

Years
Is there a way to obtain the other starters in the game. I am on my way to Azalea but thought I should check up on any thing. Also i started the game did maybe 30~ or 40~ Soft Resets and got shiny cyndaquil. Also I wanted to know how late in game can Celebi be found I'd like to soft reset it's shiny and use it on my team.

Thanks for any help given.

You can get the last stage evolutions of the Johto starters in Mt Silver, at the very end. Celebi can be obtained when you reach Olivine City. Someone in the Olivine Pokecenter asks for a Pearl and will give a GS Ball back.

I just started this hack and it's really a great improvement over the original. Thank you for this.

However, I do have one question. I beat the gym trainers in Falkners gym but lost to Falkner himself. When I re-entered the gym I was unable to battle the regular trainers and went straight to Falkner. In the OP it mentions how we have to battle the whole gym in succession. Is this change intended? Regardless, thanks again.

The trainers that you have already beaten won't challenge you again. By beating " the whole gym in succession" I meant that if you don't want to black out once you'd have to go through all the gym at once. Sorry for the confusion.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
The trainers that you have already beaten won't challenge you again. By beating " the whole gym in succession" I meant that if you don't want to black out once you'd have to go through all the gym at once. Sorry for the confusion.

I'm actually very happy this was implemented because I lost to Bugsy (I chose Chikorita) about 10 times and I'm glad I didn't have to rebattle the whole gym again haha. Thanks for the response.

Years
  • Seen Nov 14, 2018
come back here 2yrs after and looking for some update,

yes its still my fav GSC rom hack

say Thanks to the creator again!

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 23, 2023
is there anyway to randomize this game i wanted to see if that was possible to make the game a new challenge and i've tried in the universal randomizer and it said some error occurred?

Any info appreciated.
Thanks..

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 27, 2023
Anyone here has tried this and pokemon polished crystal? What are the big differences? Difficulty?

Years
is there anyway to randomize this game i wanted to see if that was possible to make the game a new challenge and i've tried in the universal randomizer and it said some error occurred?

Any info appreciated.
Thanks..

Unfortunately, randomizers only support unmodified ROMs, so you're not going to have any luck with Pyrite. You'd need a dedicated randomizer that accounts for the hack's internal changes and memory shifts.

Anyone here has tried this and pokemon polished crystal? What are the big differences? Difficulty?

Pyrite is strictly a difficulty hack. 90%+ of the features are intended towards difficulty and balance. Polished Crystal is probably not as meticulous on these aspects, but has plenty other features and still receives updates periodically. I'd say Pyrite is something that you'd have to be looking for specifically to really enjoy, while Polished Crystal accommodates to different kinds of players more easily.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 26, 2018
For players who want a rebalanced version of the original with greater challenge, this is the best game out there. Best Pokemon game I've played :smile:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 5, 2023
For players who want a rebalanced version of the original with greater challenge, this is the best game out there. Best Pokemon game I've played :smile:

Agreed.

On that note, are there going to be any more updates?

Years
Agreed.

On that note, are there going to be any more updates?

There haven't been updates in the last couple of years and there won't be in the future, sorry. This hack has been complete for a while, as I'm not willing to dedicate more time and effort to it. As far as I'm aware, there are no known gamebreaking bugs that would need fixing either.

This took years to make back in the day, so I hope a lot of people that have played it had fun doing so and enjoyed the challenge. I really appreciate all the positive feedback I've received in this thread and in other places.

Last edited:
Back