• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Gary's Mod (Beta 2 Released!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z34guy

Pretty Little Psycho
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 10, 2022
Haha thanks, next step is turning it from gold to vibranium.

captain_america_i_understand_that_reference.png

On a serious note, this looks to be a very promising hack. I'll play it when it gets a bit further along, but I'll definitely keep an eye on it.

Del

Iт'ѕ rαιɴιɴɢ oυтѕιde [...]
Years
Thank you very much, I've already got it mostly planned out in my head. It's just a matter of scripting it all out now. If I do quit it I give you permission to beat me up until I start again.
Lol, naaah you're doing good already! Good luck!!

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
[dank image]

On a serious note, this looks to be a very promising hack. I'll play it when it gets a bit further along, but I'll definitely keep an eye on it.

Haha thanks, I'll try to crank out the next beta asap so you're not deprived of life's greatest treasures.

Lol, naaah you're doing good already! Good luck!!

Nice nice, I was hoping you wouldn't take me up on that offer haha.

-------------------------------------------------
Q2lRfKA.png

More Diglett's Tunnel fun

This is a mini game I slapped together real quick. Imagine the Farfetch'd game in G/S/C but with a Team Rocket member instead. But in this one (to cover up my scripting holes), leave the Team Rocket member for too long and he'll return to his original spot. Stray far enough from him and he'll return to his original spot. And some areas he'll pretend to go somewhere but... you guessed it, he returns to his original spot. You gotta be on top of him for this one. Stay sharp fam.

Crizzle

Legend
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 7, 2024
Congrats on Hack of the Month! Didn't think you'd win it so fast but I think it's deserved.

Last edited:

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
Wow, I wasn't expecting to win HOTM especially when my release had so little to offer. But nevertheless, I'm glad to have won and hope that my next release will have a lot more content to solidify itself as its own thing. But until then, keep those fingers crossed!

Gee Teh Blazer, TWO screenshots?

dIw4kgY.png

Is it worth it Gary? Is it really?

fJekyL4.png

The S.S Anne has a lot more to offer this time around.
To accommodate this, it never leaves the harbor now.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Jan 2, 2019
Oh Arceus, thanks! This is what I was waiting for!

But... how do I run it?

I know I'm n00by at this. :(

I FIGURED IT OUT... HAHAHA NOW BLUE SHALL BE AVENGED!

Your glorious game has inspired me to write a fanfiction. I will post it when done.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jun 1, 2017
I'll wait for further progress, then I'll try it out when there is more to play. I really like this idea though!

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Oct 4, 2021
This is the same as a hack I want to make! Crap! I guess I'm not doing it now. The only problem with yours I see is the title and calling him Gary and calling the normal protag Ash when those are not their names! Ash and Gary are not and have never been in the games (with the exception of Pokemon Yellow MAYBE)! So unless it's an anime hack, you should change it. It's Red and Blue or Green. I don't really care which one people say, although most people go with Green because it's the original name. Personally, I call him Blue and call the manga version Green, but that's just me.

Anyways, I want to read into your game so I know what it's like. Although, it's most likely far better than anything I had had planned for my Blue Version. Maybe we could collab? I want to make games for Red and Leaf (the girl protagonist who is not canon and does not show up anywhere else)

In his defense, the player chooses both the player and rival names, so that is a definite non-issue. Back in the day, everyone named themselves Ash and their rival either Gary or something along the lines of Butts. I approve of these choices. :)

Yes, but if you're telling a direct story then the characters need their correct name.

The character is not Ash, he's Red.

Dude, what stones did you use for Espeon and Umbreon, because I tried using the sun stone and moon stone respectively, but I couldn't get them in the mart properly, and just a ton of things screwed up!

Last edited by a moderator:

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
Looking forward to the completion of this

Haha thanks, me too.

Oh Arceus, thanks! This is what I was waiting for!

But... how do I run it?

I know I'm n00by at this. :(

I FIGURED IT OUT... HAHAHA NOW BLUE SHALL BE AVENGED!

Your glorious game has inspired me to write a fanfiction. I will post it when done.

Wow thanks, I didn't expect it to inspire anyone haha. I look forward to reading your fan fiction.

I'll wait for further progress, then I'll try it out when there is more to play. I really like this idea though!

Thanks! I hope 4 gym is enough for you to try the next beta.

This is the same as a hack I want to make! Crap! I guess I'm not doing it now. The only problem with yours I see is the title and calling him Gary and calling the normal protag Ash when those are not their names! Ash and Gary are not and have never been in the games (with the exception of Pokemon Yellow MAYBE)! So unless it's an anime hack, you should change it. It's Red and Blue or Green. I don't really care which one people say, although most people go with Green because it's the original name. Personally, I call him Blue and call the manga version Green, but that's just me.

Anyways, I want to read into your game so I know what it's like. Although, it's most likely far better than anything I had had planned for my Blue Version. Maybe we could collab? I want to make games for Red and Leaf (the girl protagonist who is not canon and does not show up anywhere else)

Yes, but if you're telling a direct story then the characters need their correct name.

The character is not Ash, he's Red.

Dude, what stones did you use for Espeon and Umbreon, because I tried using the sun stone and moon stone respectively, but I couldn't get them in the mart properly, and just a ton of things screwed up!

Yeah, I understand where you're coming from but I draw a fairly distinct line between game and manga. There's definitely a lot of correlations between the two, but at the end of the day the manga characters have set names while the game character's names change every game. It's not my intention to make you only play as Gary, you can name yourself whatever you like. Same with your rival. Just like the original games, you can name yourself Red, Ash, Billy, Garysux... virtually anything you want. Gary is just the name I chose because Gary's Mod sounds a lot like the game Garry's Mod and I thought it was funny.

Sorry for getting to the progressing hacks section first, but you can always do your hack. Chances are that we have completely different visions of the rival's story because mine borrow some ideas from the games, some from the origin special, and some from the manga.

As for the stones, idk about that. I'm pretty sure I just forgot to change the evolution from happiness to the moon stone/sun stones which is my bad haha. it will definitely be fixed in the next beta.

How do I patch it?

Use Lunar IPS to patch the ips file to a clean Fire Red ROM. There should be some tuts floating around detailing the specifics on that.

---------------------------------------------------------

KRgn9Iu.png

Wow I hope this hack is gonna rock

This is to just say that everything has been scripted and mapped up to Rock Tunnel. What does it mean for YOU the reader? This is just saying that there's only 2 more cities left until Beta 2 drops. Well, specifically; 2 cities, 5 routes, and 3 scripting events. #beta2hype

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 11, 2020
Waiting for Beta 2 before I dig into it.

Sounds promising and already has an award!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 4, 2016
Lol thread title confused me i thought this hack is relared with garrys mod

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
Updates have been scarce because I don't wanna overspoil what happens in Beta 2, but this is the last screenshot I'll show before Beta 2 drops. I will mention this again when Beta 2 drops:

This is a Beta for a reason. I play through the game myself to ensure I don't find any bugs, but I don't find them all. If you are concerned about your save file, I highly suggest using save states or waiting until you believe that it's stable enough to play. I want to squash as much bugs as possible, so report any that you see when Beta 2 drops.

Final screenshot:
HmkS7v1.png

What's that? New areas you say?

Cosmic

JUKAI 2.0, BABY
Years
So I've been at Oak's lab for a while, and I just need to know: am I actually supposed to wait a certain amount of time until Oak and Red show up, or is there something that triggers there arrival?

EDIT: So I think I figured it out, I guess moving during events (such as Oak and Red entering the lab) canceled the event.

Same problem here :U

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back