• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen What I your favourite? And what isn't ? Gen 3 pokemon

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jun 28, 2018
As the title says,which Gen three Mon do you like and which do you dislike?

I love Exploud,as pokemon are monsters this guy fits the title as one,great design IMO, and is super powerful now with Boomburst.

Nosepass would have to be my least favourite,its just ugly,not a fan of this one.

Be good to hear others

Cheers.

Years
Favorite in this Gen has to be Milotic!
Not only is it a stunning and well designed pokemon, its also quite powerful; especially if bred to learn Mirror Coat.
The stress of finding Feebas back in Ruby was shocking, as it only appeared on like 4 certain tiles in a specific route (if i remember correctly)
Then came the issue of getting enough berries to make the correct pokeblock to evolve it into Milotic!

Least favourite has to be Plusle & Minun
Yes I counted them as one because they're usually always together.
They're basically Gen3's version of Pikachu...a pokemon that I don't like.
All subsequent generations Pikachu rip-offs also make my hate list:
Pachirisu
Emolga
Dedenne
Togedemaru

There is just no need for that. One is bad enough!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
My favourite from Gen 3 is a tough one as there are a lot of very cool designs, but I think Spheal comes close and I'm also a big fan of Gulpin. Love the Regi trio too but I don't usually count legendaries in these. But overall, Relicanth wins for sure!

My least favourite... probably Barboach? There aren't many Gen 3 Pokés that I don't like but this guy is just a bit too ugly and boring for my tastes.

Harsh :( I adore all of these little rodents, they're usually my favourites in each game :D

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
I absolutely love both Latias and Latios. They have always been two of my favorite gen 3 Pokemon. I just love their designs and have fond memories of encountering and using them!

Least would probably be Spinda. I wish I could say it was useful :<

Last edited:

Ultra Sun

Yes this is PC user Sun lol
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 29, 2022
Let me know when the Exploud line is no longer officially Pokemon!

My top favorites are the Mudkip line (yes u herd it fam, i liek mudkipz) and the Torchic line. They totally rock -- the design, the typing. :D

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jun 28, 2018
Favorite in this Gen has to be Milotic!
Not only is it a stunning and well designed pokemon, its also quite powerful; especially if bred to learn Mirror Coat.
The stress of finding Feebas back in Ruby was shocking, as it only appeared on like 4 certain tiles in a specific route (if i remember correctly)
Then came the issue of getting enough berries to make the correct pokeblock to evolve it into Milotic!

Least favourite has to be Plusle & Minun
Yes I counted them as one because they're usually always together.
They're basically Gen3's version of Pikachu...a pokemon that I don't like.
All subsequent generations Pikachu rip-offs also make my hate list:
Pachirisu
Emolga
Dedenne
Togedemaru

I hate that the latter four have such wack names TBH as a youtuber I get my tongue tied,even more so with Togedemaru! After a few episodes I got the hang of it lol But yes I agree with what your saying mate.
My favourite from Gen 3 is a tough one as there are a lot of very cool designs, but I think Spheal comes close and I'm also a big fan of Gulpin. Love the Regi trio too but I don't usually count legendaries in these. But overall, Relicanth wins for sure!

My least favourite... probably Barboach? There aren't many Gen 3 Pokés that I don't like but this guy is just a bit too ugly and boring for my tastes.

Harsh :( I adore all of these little rodents, they're usually my favourites in each game :D
Relicanth is a boss,I remember spending ages under water in ruby trying to catch one,not a hudge fan of golpin though.
I absolutely love both Latias and Latios. They have always been two of my favorite gen 3 Pokemon. I just love their designs and have fond memories of encountering and using them!

Least would probably be Spinda. I wish I could say it was useful :<
Spinda the drunken panda,sounds like a good name for a bar lol but yes the psychic dragon twins are pretty epic! the mega for them both is a boss.
Let me know when the Exploud line is no longer officially Pokemon!

My top favorites are the Mudkip line (yes u herd it fam, i liek mudkipz) and the Torchic line. They totally rock -- the design, the typing. :D
Not a fan of my man Exploud? 1000 Boombursts for you sir! lol I do like a Mudkip now and then though,Swampert is a king great typing.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
Years
This Generation paved way for a lot of good Pokémon. It's so hard to pick just one favorite. There's Tropius, Grovyle, Kirlia...

As for my least favorite, Silcoon and Cascoon. They're exactly the same Pokémon.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 5, 2021
I love many many gen 3 mons, so it's hard to pick. flygon, beautifly, sableye, Sceptile are up there, though.
Least favorite of this gen (and some of my least favorite overall, in addition to swirlix): minun, plusle (cute but too gimmicky), gulpin/swalot. I think spinda is ok but pointless

Years
300.png
334.png
335.png
359.png
358.png
386.png
385.png
376.png
330.png
303.png
354.png
267.png
286.png

ya I do love me some Hoenn mons. It had some of my favorites in terms of design =) They're not the only ones either but I feel like I'll have half of the dex on my favorites list if I were to include them! lol

Don't dislike any though. Not fan of a few but not to the point of disliking them. =p

icycatelf

Alex
Years
I absolutely adore Shedinja! Such a clever idea, making something that in real-life resembles an insect corpse into a Ghost-type. Its unique obtaining method and seemingly-amazing Ability are what originally got me into it, but I didn't fully appreciate the concept until we had a massive cicada outbreak some years and found the shells all over the place. Nuzleaf also holds a special place in my heart.

Least-favorite would probably be Marshtomp. That face...

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
Can't say I really dislike most. Some may place at the bottom of my list but I don't dislike them, the only gens I can say for certain I dislike a mon is 7 (cough cough UBs cough)

Favorite gen 3 pokemon would be the ghost types, they are all cool, Shedinja, Sableye, Duskull line, Shuppet line. The starter lines are all good except Combusken and Marshtomp which look weird. Swablu line, Zangoose, Absol, Kecleon, Nincada line, Surskit/Masquerain, Electrike line, Aron line, Relicanth, Clamperl line, Feebas line, the fossil pokemon, Baltoy line, Trapinch line are all swell too. Basically most of the region.

Hoenn pokemon are exotic, dare I say more exotic than Alola pokemon. And cooler than a lot of them too

Last edited:

blue

gucci
Years
Now that's a tough one, I mean Hoenn is the region that introduced so many awesome new Pokemon for me!

Some of my favourites include Swellow, Altaria, Banette, Lunatone, Solrock, Grumpig, Camerupt, Sharpedo, Glalie, Zangoose and Exploud to name a few. As for the dislikes, the only one that comes to mind is Slaking.

Last edited:

Cool_Porygon

Lurking in the shadows
Years
Gardevoir, Absol, Latias and Latios are my favourites. I have come to appreciate Exploud as well. Not many I don't like, probably Barboach and Volbeat.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Skitty for life.

But Zangoose, Mawile, Combusken and Shuppet are also baes.

Years
There are loads from this gen that I love but Absol is my all time favourite Pok?mon so it was only ever going to be that.

Least favourite is probably Hariyama. It?s a boring design.

Last edited:

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
Stealing Sheep's idea!

mightyena.png
beautifly.png
grovyle.png
breloom.png
kirlia.png
skitty.png
delcatty.png
mawile.png
sableye.png
lairon.png
kecleon.png
banette.png
latias.png
flygon.png
milotic.png

I have a lot of favourites! Pretty much all of the above have amazing shinies as well (apart from Sableye). Generation 3 did a great job in its Pok?mon designs. They're diverse enough to appeal to everyone's different tastes, although many of them have pretty subdued colouring.

As for least favourites, well... there are a couple of those as well, haha. Namely Crawdaunt, Hariyama, Ludicolo, Nuzleaf, Loudred, Nosepass and Volbeat.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 13, 2018
When thinking of my favorites I definitely have a type. I don't mean psychic or fairy and etc., haha. I love Gardevoir, Milotic, Altaria, Latios/Latias, Delcatty, and Donphan.

I find Whismur, Whiscash, Pelipper/Wingull, and Spoink to be the most annoying and useless, personally. Slakoth is cute but he and all his friends are quite frustrating to play with.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 21, 2018
I really like Banette and Chimecho, I feel they get overlooked a lot

least favorites are probably Plusle and Minun, and maybe Volbeat too. Illumise is cool.

Back