Trade Corner Seeking a quick, simple trade? Wanting to get rid of a Pokémon? This section is for you!

TrollandToad.com

Old 1 Week Ago (8:53 PM).
Fluttershy is mai waifu
    FC: 3926 5179 1229
    IGN: ICanSnake

Nature: Modest
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Road View Post
    "You can never REALLY tell if something is a hack" has literally been said since the dawn of Pokemon. Of course we can't, and to some that warrants not even trying. For the rest of us, who have been in Pokemon for so long and KNOW things can be gotten legitly, it encourages us even more to check for hacks. There are plenty of people who don't care, so someone has to do it.

Anyway, real question. I'm getting "Can't have ball for encounter type" errors on some Pokemon and I'm a bit confused. One of them I'm getting this on is a Nidoqueen in a Safari Ball, but it's from FR and Lv. 31, which matches up for the info for Nidorina in the game (then was just evolved with Moon Stone). Getting the same error for a Magnemite from SS, Lv. 16 which matches the level for Route 38/39 and is in a Luxury Ball which I'm pretty sure you can buy in those games. (Magnemite also has "Encounter type PID Mismatch" which I heard happens on 4th Gen Shinies, but is it ALL 4th Gen Shinies? Soaps told me to ignore it but I wanted to check.)

I have other questions but will save those for later as I keep checking. @[email protected]
    It's a good thing 99% of hackers/genners have no idea what they're doing which makes it quite easy to spot hacks if you've done your research. The philosophy I go by is "legit until proven hacked."

"Can't have ball for encounter type" deals with hex values.

https://projectpokemon.org/wiki/Pokemon_Save_Structure#Encounter_Types

Those are the possible encounter types, but what I believe you're talking about is 86h in this link:

https://projectpokemon.org/home/forums/topic/196-~guide-to-44h-45h-46h-47h-and-85h-values~/

As far as I know, this is a false error flag, so you don't have to worry about it anyway. And I'm not 100% certain on this, but it makes sense. Any Pokemon Pal Parked into an HGSS game (as opposed to DPPt) will obtain a value in 86h that is determined by what Poke Ball it's in. Encounter type is located in 85h. What I believe is happening, is PKHeX is reading wrong values or misplacing 85h into 86h or something. Something like, it's not reading the encounter type so it thinks the ball value is the encounter type. I'm not sure about this. But don't worry about it.

"Encounter type PID mismatch" deals with the PID algorithm PKHeX is reading on that Pokemon. There are ways to look at what it's reading, but it's hard to do, and not something an average person knows. Usually, this means it's reading a different PID than what it's expecting (ie. Shiny Magnemite caught in the wild in 4th gen should read Common NDS A-B-C-D, but instead it's reading Chain Shiny). That's what happened to a Shiny Banette I caught in Platinum. I haven't seen that error anymore, so I guess it's fixed. Most of the time, PID mismatch means it's hacked, but I can't know for sure until I see what PID type it's reading. No, not all 4th gen shinies have this error.

Hope that helps

Relevant Advertising!

Old 1 Week Ago (7:03 PM). Edited 1 Week Ago by Road.
      FC: 3883-7618-4217
      IGN: Road

Nature: Adamant
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Keiran View Post
      Are these Pokemon that you caught yourself? It's possible that someone could have entered the wrong encounter type for the Nidorina, and it's also possibly a false flag. Pokecheck wasn't perfect either, especially when it came to trash bytes.
      They are not, they're from old trades possibly as far back as 4th Gen. Not particularly attached to them, just don't want to toss stuff if it's just an error.
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Haileo View Post
      It's a good thing 99% of hackers/genners have no idea what they're doing which makes it quite easy to spot hacks if you've done your research. The philosophy I go by is "legit until proven hacked."

"Can't have ball for encounter type" deals with hex values.

https://projectpokemon.org/wiki/Pokemon_Save_Structure#Encounter_Types

Those are the possible encounter types, but what I believe you're talking about is 86h in this link:

https://projectpokemon.org/home/forums/topic/196-~guide-to-44h-45h-46h-47h-and-85h-values~/

As far as I know, this is a false error flag, so you don't have to worry about it anyway. And I'm not 100% certain on this, but it makes sense. Any Pokemon Pal Parked into an HGSS game (as opposed to DPPt) will obtain a value in 86h that is determined by what Poke Ball it's in. Encounter type is located in 85h. What I believe is happening, is PKHeX is reading wrong values or misplacing 85h into 86h or something. Something like, it's not reading the encounter type so it thinks the ball value is the encounter type. I'm not sure about this. But don't worry about it.

"Encounter type PID mismatch" deals with the PID algorithm PKHeX is reading on that Pokemon. There are ways to look at what it's reading, but it's hard to do, and not something an average person knows. Usually, this means it's reading a different PID than what it's expecting (ie. Shiny Magnemite caught in the wild in 4th gen should read Common NDS A-B-C-D, but instead it's reading Chain Shiny). That's what happened to a Shiny Banette I caught in Platinum. I haven't seen that error anymore, so I guess it's fixed. Most of the time, PID mismatch means it's hacked, but I can't know for sure until I see what PID type it's reading. No, not all 4th gen shinies have this error.

Hope that helps
      Okay, so the ball error I can ignore if it's stuff that's been Pal Parked. (Course if I see it again I'll make sure the ball makes sense based on where it can be caught in the origin game.)

Mmk, that basically matches up with what I've been told. I think I heard that Chained Shinies make that error pop up, which is why I think Magnemite is okay (catchable in grass so probably chained). I'm seeing it on Trophy Garden Pokemon which I got from the source back in the day, and he told me he chained them so it also makes sense there. Anything else I'll make sure to blacklist.

Very helpful indeed! Should be all for now, once I start going through Events I'll have different questions but not quite there yet.
      Old 1 Week Ago (11:12 AM).
        FC:
        IGN: neoshai

got this one a while back through random trade
        It looks legit but I'm afraid it's been altered however I'm not sure how to tell if it's not obvious like more than max stats and such.

Jirachi - nrml Pokéball
        OT: WISHMKR
        ID: 20043
        Ability: Serene Grace
        Nature: Jolly
        Seems to have traveled across both space and time to reach you from the hoenn region.
        Characteristic: Mischievous
        No special ribbon (just a kalos champion, that's from me XD)
        Stats:
        HP: 343
        ATK: 299
        DEF: 267
        SP.ATK: 212
        SP.DEF: 267
        SPEED: 328
        Moves:
        -drain punch
        -ice punch
        -thunder punch
        -fire punch
        Old 1 Week Ago (8:49 PM).
        Fight Off Your Demons
        FC:
        IGN: Ranulf / Mogwai

Nature: Careful
        There's nothing illegal about the Jirachi. Your best bet is to check it with PKHeX.

When kings upon the main have clung to pride
        And held themselves as masters of the sea
        I've held them down beneath the crushing tide
        Till they have learned that no one masters me
        Old 6 Days Ago (2:04 PM).
          FC:
          IGN: neoshai

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Keiran View Post
          There's nothing illegal about the Jirachi. Your best bet is to check it with PKHeX.
          no idea how to do that O.O
          Except from the name, I'm not really familiar with Pokehex
          Old 6 Days Ago (3:12 PM).
          Eloquent Speaker
            FC: 3523-3464-8565
            IGN: Luric / Ellie

Quote:
            Originally Posted by neoshai View Post
            no idea how to do that O.O
            Except from the name, I'm not really familiar with Pokehex
            Hey there. I would be happy to check your Wishmkr on PKHeX. If it does turn out hacked, know that hacks are not allowed on the site, but I'll trade it back to you no matter the condition so you can decide what to do with it. I should be home from work in about an hour.

Traded with me? Please leave a review here!

Quick Reply