• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Text Speed

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
What do you usually set your text speed to in game? I always set it to fast. Anything else is honestly too slow and takes too long for the text to roll out.

Sorvete

Novice
Years
Same as you, I only ever play with the text speed on fast. It's probably the first thing I do whenever I start a new game.

Years
Fast for me, right off the bat. Medium is way too slow and makes me press my A/B button a bit too much aha.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Also always fast. The second I can use the options menu to change it, I do. Medium is just tedious to me, I don't know how anyone could deal with slow.

Years
Pretty much as soon as I start a new game, I change the text speed up to fast. Even then, I wish there was a speed above that (which is definitely possible, as N in the 5th gen games had a faster text speed than fast), since even at fast I find myself pressing A or B through the dialogue.

Back