• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Yellow hack: Pokemon Yellow Plus (151 Hack+Surfing Pikachu)

Years
Title says all, I wanted a simple 151 hack for Yellow without additional types or changes, and figured others may want something on the simple side as well.

Current Version: 1.3

FEATURES:

All 151 Pokemon obtainable
Crit rate fixed (1/16 chance and Focus Energy/Dire Hits work properly)
Type effectiveness updated (ghost is now super effective against psychic, poison normally effective against bug, ice not very effective against fire, bug not very effective against poison and ghost)
Trade evolutions changed to evolve at Level 37

There are two patches, one that changes the TM Brock gives you into SURF so you can teach it to Pikachu, and the other does not.

Screenshots of Surf and Catching the otherwise unobtainable (in Yellow) Weedle:

Download Links:

RAR:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/bgkj8gkqvee9nwj/Pokemon_Yellow_Plus_v1.3.rar
ZIP:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/3i3863tck7i66ri/Pokemon_Yellow_Plus_v1.3.zip
Dropbox:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qoj6x8ex9fa5h5w/AAB8kbsB-_ErJ5eDCqE83FHHa?dl=0

Last edited:
Years
I like your location choices for where the added Pokemon appear, they make alot of sense. I have a question though. What level does Mew appear at within it's location?

Years
I like your location choices for where the added Pokemon appear, they make alot of sense. I have a question though. What level does Mew appear at within it's location?

Thanks, I was going for a realistic approach, the only ones I disliked having to put in were the fossils, I would have liked to make something like after the elite four you get the other fossil but I decided that you can always skip Sea Foam Islands (which is what I used to do as a kid lol) so it wasn't guaranteed that you would get both fossil Pokemon before getting to the Lab to resurrect them.

Mews spawn at level 50

Years
Thanks, I was going for a realistic approach, the only ones I disliked having to put in were the fossils, I would have liked to make something like after the elite four you get the other fossil but I decided that you can always skip Sea Foam Islands (which is what I used to do as a kid lol) so it wasn't guaranteed that you would get both fossil Pokemon before getting to the Lab to resurrect them.

Mews spawn at level 50

Thanks for replying. You could probably swap out an item for the other Fossil, like you did with the Surf TM thing. That'd probably be the easiest way to do it. The only problem with that is that is the player is given the chance to pick their Fossil. They could either wind up with 2 of the same, or one of each...

As for me, I'm going to try trading in an extra Lv 8 Bulbasaur and see if the Brock through Walls glitch works well enough to let me get both fossils. ??????

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 11, 2019
Love this, it is exactly what I was loking for!

Thanks!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 11, 2019
Follow-up Question:

How do I get both Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee?

Thanks again!

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
It's really nice to see a hack that caters it to a more classic experience than a full blown upgrade like most of the hacks on the sideshowcase list. Thank you very much for this!

Years
It's really nice to see a hack that caters it to a more classic experience than a full blown upgrade like most of the hacks on the sideshowcase list. Thank you very much for this!

I'm glad you like it! I just updated it to include wild Hitmonchan/Hitmonlee so now it is truly all 151 available (unless there was something else I missed in which case, please point it out!)

Definitely agree with you, I can appreciate all the work and effort that clearly went into those more ambitious hacks, but they are too much for me, I just want to enjoy old things in a freshened up way and that's what I try to do with my hacks. Simple but effective :)

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 11, 2019
After 20 years, I have finally received my "diploma certificate" for completing my pokedex!

I have put in a lot of hours into this version to complete it, and everything works perfectly and everything is where it is supposed to be. If you want an authentic version of Pokemon Yellow but you are worried about investing time into something that might not work, have no fear with this one! It is perfection!

10/10!!!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen May 6, 2019
Is there a specific location for Raichu in the powerplant? I've been searching for what feels like forever and can't find one.

Years
  • Age 119
  • Seen Jun 17, 2019
hey dearman4,

I was originally playing the vanilla ROM for Yellow, but wanted the chance at pokemon that aren't normally in the game so I downloaded your ROM and opened my save state file from the original ROM with your ROM.

So far the game plays fine, but I have a few questions:

-Can I still get surf if I can't get it from Brock? I'm at the Saffron City gym in my save state file

-For pokemon that only evolve during a trade, at what level will they evolve?

oh and thanks for making this!

Years
hey dearman4,

I was originally playing the vanilla ROM for Yellow, but wanted the chance at pokemon that aren't normally in the game so I downloaded your ROM and opened my save state file from the original ROM with your ROM.

So far the game plays fine, but I have a few questions:

-Can I still get surf if I can't get it from Brock? I'm at the Saffron City gym in my save state file

-For pokemon that only evolve during a trade, at what level will they evolve?

oh and thanks for making this!

The way that Surf works in this is that the TM for BIDE now contains SURF, so if you still have the TM you can use it like normal, the HM SURF is unchanged but cannot be taught to Pikachu, I'm afraid. You could use the link feature of VBA-m to trade your Pikachu to another save file, beat Brock and then teach the TM and trade back.

All trade Pokemon evolve at level 37

You're very welcome! I'm glad you're enjoying it 🙂

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 21, 2021
The way that Surf works in this is that the TM for BIDE now contains SURF, so if you still have the TM you can use it like normal, the HM SURF is unchanged but cannot be taught to Pikachu, I'm afraid. You could use the link feature of VBA-m to trade your Pikachu to another save file, beat Brock and then teach the TM and trade back.

All trade Pokemon evolve at level 37

You're very welcome! I'm glad you're enjoying it 🙂

I can't Seem to find Shellder in any of the usual Places by fishing, any chance that ones Missing too?😅

Thank you for your initiative, this is what I needed!

Last edited:
Years
I can't Seem to find Shellder in any of the usual Places by fishing, any chance that ones Missing too?😅

Thank you for your initiative, this is what I needed!

Just went into Cycling Road and used a Super Rod and fished one up first try! Don't know why it showed up as LOCATION UNAVAILABLE but it was there!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 16, 2019
By any chance is there any kind of list that can tell you where to find all the pokemon in your version on the chance you get bad luck on finding some?

Back