• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokémon Order and Chaos

Years
  • Seen Jun 12, 2016
**Save-corrupting bug**

Thought you might like to know, I experienced a save-file corrupting bug.

After getting the second gym badge, I battled by rival.

Spoiler:

I used spoiler tags to prevent potentially spoiling a little bit of information to people who might care, but if you're concerned about the glitch I experienced, my suggestion would be DO NOT look up "AREA" in the pokedex for pokemon, unless you back up your save first. I'm guessing the functionality isn't implemented or something, and it corrupts your save. (At least it did for me)

Also, some feedback regarding play: After I got my 5 pokeballs at the start, I tried to capture a level 2 zigzagoon at 100% health. He broke the first two pokeballs i threw, so then I lowered him into the red, maybe about 25% hp, and tried again, and he broke a third one. I made him faint at that point trying to get him lower on hp. In general in seems like capture rates for everything are slightly off. I shouldn't really have any issue capturing a level 2 pokemon with a pokeball, even at full health imo.

Rayquaza.

Lead Dev in Pokémon Order and Chaos
Years
**Save-corrupting bug**

Thought you might like to know, I experienced a save-file corrupting bug.

After getting the second gym badge, I battled by rival.

Spoiler:

I used spoiler tags to prevent potentially spoiling a little bit of information to people who might care, but if you're concerned about the glitch I experienced, my suggestion would be DO NOT look up "AREA" in the pokedex for pokemon, unless you back up your save first. I'm guessing the functionality isn't implemented or something, and it corrupts your save. (At least it did for me)

So did you get the Error message only after looking at the pokedex area? If so I think that'll give me enough to actually fix this.

Last edited:
Years
For me I actually wasted my time around the first town I barely passed the first forest. So it must be something in general that causes the error. Before this happened I opened up some extra games into the place where I hold Pokemon Chaos since I have a folder for many Pokemon Games. Not counting that I have an annoying error with Pokemon Sage I think it started when I downloaded Pokemon Uranium. So I thought it was a problem caused by multiple games in a place which might be strange or by downloading Pokemon Uranium something changed.

Rayquaza.

Years
For me I actually wasted my time around the first town I barely passed the first forest. So it must be something in general that causes the error. Before this happened I opened up some extra games into the place where I hold Pokemon Chaos since I have a folder for many Pokemon Games. Not counting that I have an annoying error with Pokemon Sage I think it started when I downloaded Pokemon Uranium. So I thought it was a problem caused by multiple games in a place which might be strange or by downloading Pokemon Uranium something changed.

Well I'd definitely recommend putting everything in separate folders.

Years
  • Seen Jun 12, 2016
So did you get the Error message only after looking at the pokedex area? If so I think that'll give me enough to actually fix this.

As soon as I hit the "AREA" button it crashed, didn't get to actually see the location or anything.

Years
  • Seen Jun 12, 2016
But did the error messages start popping up after you attempted to view the area?

I guess I don't understand what you are asking. Went to pokedex > Found Axew in the list > Arrowed over to "AREA" and hit enter > Game crashed, never saw anything.

Now every time I try to start the game, it just insta crashes. I'm never "viewing any area"

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Sep 3, 2016
Um... Was I supposed to get a lvl 100 Rayquaza? I was in Felmore Forest, I was in that dark corner, it said that I got/received a Rayquaza. I then appeared on Route 4. I'm trying to make my way back to Felmore Forest... Using Rayquaza of course.

Rayquaza.

Years
I guess I don't understand what you are asking. Went to pokedex > Found Axew in the list > Arrowed over to "AREA" and hit enter > Game crashed, never saw anything.

Now every time I try to start the game, it just insta crashes. I'm never "viewing any area"

What I'm trying to find out is: did it insta crash before you attempted to find axew's habitat?

Years
  • Seen Jun 12, 2016
What I'm trying to find out is: did it insta crash before you attempted to find axew's habitat?

I experienced no crashes right up until I actually hit ENTER on the AREA button. I can't remember FOR SURE, but I think it MAY have displayed a map before crashing, although I don't recall anything appearing on it regarding the pokemon's location.

Rayquaza.

Years
So unfortunately I'm not sure about how to fix it, I may have to put a new Pokédex script in, from an older iteration of the game, to see it it fixes the problem.

In other news, more screenshots:

Spoiler:

Years
Yo dude, nice game! i've been playing through some other fangames and i think the gameplay could be a bit faster, but maybie thats just me. i ran into a bit of a problem though....i like to explore and talk to everyone and before i even went out of the beginning town i had talked to everyone...including Tom's mailbox wich gave me a torchic (wich i think is because i began with treeko), wich would have been fine if it wouldnt have teleported me to a cave and made me battle against level 15 pokemon with my level 5 starters. then later i went back into the starting woods where the team shadow grunts were but i walked into a tree and recived a lvl 100 raycuaza out of nowhere xD then i just got teleported to the next town and couldnt progress in the story. i am so confused after this i need to know wtf happened....like plz let me just have a normal run through the game! xD

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 9, 2016
Can someone tell me where the Rayquaza shows up? I'm trying to get it to make a screenshot for the bug report.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 19, 2016
Sorry if this mentioned somewhere in the thread but I couldn't find it anywhere- is it possible to obtain your starter with their HA?

Back