• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen All Things Sylveon

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I just dont nessesarily think it has to be normal just because it dosent look like any particular type. There's a reason it was made that way IMO. I think it may even be a new type. It could happen.

Years
I just dont nessesarily think it has to be normal just because it dosent look like any particular type. There's a reason it was made that way IMO. I think it may even be a new type. It could happen.
We're not saying it is Normal typed or probably Normal typed. Normal typed eeveelution is the least one expected and wanted by fans. We're just saying that Sylveon's physical appearance is more Normal-ish (or Psychic-ish) than anything else.

And like François said
"Not screaming anything" generally means Normal, though.

I am personally expecting it to be either new type, Normal type (in which case it should better have some unique ability, something to do with ADN or I dunno), Ghost or Flying type (Altough I don't see it really as Ghost/Flying)
I discarded the Bug option because those legs, ears, tail, ... are far from being Bug-ish.

GrayJM9

Playing White 2
Years
  • Seen May 14, 2013
It's obviously Normal type I don't see why this is even a question.

Demon.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2018
Its a question because they havent announced the type yet.

Years
hi guys! my first post here
first of all i want to say that my english is not so good so excuse me if something i wrote seems weird.
i really hate to not know something, and all this sylveon mystery type annoys me alot, after i tried so much to find his type i believe that sylveon gonna be a ghost type(not say this as a fact, just my guess).
first of when i look at sylveon's eyes it seems to me as a dead creature/ghost's eyes, it popped out to me espcially when i saw a picture of all eeveelutions inculde sylveon stand in line(i wish knew where i saw this picture so i could show you)
also i see a connection between the butterfly to its type, i know most of you say that this are a bugs and this is a sign that sylveon is a bug type, but when i look at this in a ghost connection i see a dead ghost, in a lot of culture(even i was told so when i was a kid) butterfly are a dead souls, it was shown also in bleach(when a soul send to soul society a butterfly show up), some of you may say that sylveon don't look like a ghost pokemon(which most of them pretty creepy, personally i think this thing's eyes are creepy), but may sylveon is refer to a good soul(like in bleach only when a soul send to soul society which is like rest in peace the butterfly shows up).
i also know that ribbons have some onnection to death, but i don't remember what is the connection(if i recall right there is a asian belief that there are some silk ribbons that connect the body and soul).
evolution method-make eevee faint hundred time nd then he will die and become a sylveon :D

anyway, hope that my guess seems logical and not to see that i'm just crazy(which is pertty possible :P).
so, what do you think?

Last edited:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
It's obviously Normal type I don't see why this is even a question.
No, it's so obvious that it's Ghost type because of the eyes (though they could be Bug), its weight, and the fact that it floats.

See what I did there? Nothing is obvious, we just have our reasons why it's obvious to us. And many of us will be wrong.

Cyclone

Years
No, it's so obvious that it's Ghost type because of the eyes (though they could be Bug), its weight, and the fact that it floats.

See what I did there? Nothing is obvious, we just have our reasons why it's obvious to us. And many of us will be wrong.

Cyclone

of course, i just wanted to show my guess and explain why, i can easily see why people think i gonna be a normal type(which is my second guess), bug or new type.
no one said that its obvious, just a speculation

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 13, 2022
Haven't posted in a while here! Well here I go...
I'm going to explain my top 5 of possible types Sylveon could be, ENJOY:
#5 Bug
-It's Japanese name derived from Nymph, which is a small forest fairy.(Bugs live in forests).
-It has ribbons that look like butterflies.
-Its eyes are big and look a bit like the compound eyes.
-Its longer ribbons can be stretched, on that way, it looks like String Shot.(Not from appearance, but from 'behaviour').

#4 Flying
-It is the lightest Eeveelution.
-Its appearance is similair to Skyla's.
-Its longer ribbons wave in the wind.

#3 New type
-It doesn't look like a familiar type.
-Its type is such a secret.
-Its name doesn't sound likr a familiar type.

#2 Ghost
-It us the lightest Eeveelution.
-The eyes are so big and eerie.
-Its longer ribbosn can stretch, so it may wrap its enemies with that and then...
-Its cute appearance can deceive people and Pokémon, so Sylveon can attack without any problems.

#1 Normal
-Just like Jigglypuff, Skitty, Audino etc. , Sylveon is pink and has blue eyes.
-Nimph is a forest-fairy, 'Fairy' is an egg group with lots of Normal types and some Pokemon like Clefairy and Snubbull are known as the 'Fairy species'.
-This is the first type you think of at first glance.
-It looks so plain.
-It can be Normal with an unique abikity to change into types?

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
of course, i just wanted to show my guess and explain why, i can easily see why people think i gonna be a normal type(which is my second guess), bug or new type.
no one said that its obvious, just a speculation
^ It looks like you didn't notice what he quoted.
All right, I have to admit I LOLed at that. :)

No worries, no offense or anything taken. :)

Cyclone

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
Years
  • Va
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014
After reading over that I guess it was pretty funny. :P

@legendhunter14 Nice little compilation there.

Last edited:

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
@legendhunter14- Those are all great reasons and I agree with all of them. I still think that Bug and Normal are the most plausible and realistic though.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
It being the lightest eevee evolution isn't a distinguishing quality. Its only 2.2 lbs lighter than Jolteon who used to be lightest and is the same size as Vaporeon which makes it larger than Jolteon, Flareon, Espeon, and Glaceon. You'd think with the "lightest" they'd have made it the smallest as well. All of them are really close weight wise but still if its weight is so vital to it being a certain type then so would its size.

As for appearance, Skyla's color scheme is way too dark. Sylveon matches Yancy and Iris a lot more. It has the same shade of pink as Iris' clothes in B2W2 which is also covered in butterfly bows and lace ribbons. Yancy has pink ribbons and bows as well.

As for eyes. Even though these are mor open, they match every eevee evolutions eye styles with exception to Umbreon.

Cyclone

I've never seen it floating. Its firmly planted to the ground in the battle vids an it was shown sitting in the anime trailer. So far it has shown no ability to levitate or fly.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 16, 2014
At this point, all the types seem equally likely-unlikely imo. I just don't like how you can't tell what it is by looking at it like the other Eeveelutions, but if they pull it off well I'll be happy.

Shadowraze

ur mum
Years
I do think Sylveon will be a new type.

Because, why do Nintendo have to hide it's type if it wasn't new? It's not April Fools Also it's color Scheme is waaaaay different than the other mons. If it's not a new type it'll probably be a normal one or a flying as my guess.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I do think Sylveon will be a new type.

Because, why do Nintendo have to hide it's type if it wasn't new? It's not April Fools Also it's color Scheme is waaaaay different than the other mons. If it's not a new type it'll probably be a normal one or a flying as my guess.
We do not know the new legendary types, either.

Though it would be interesting if it's a new type under the same theory. There would have to be a subtype, however.

Cyclone

Back