• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon AshGray Version (Beta 4.5 Released!!)

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
Years
  • Age 25
  • IDK
  • Seen Jan 23, 2022
sorry, Metapod23, I have a problem with the hack... My pikachu didn't obey since I let he in the pc to win mistty. can you give me a solution or something?? is it normal?? thanks a lot!

Its a Bug that has happened with many people. try repatching it with fresh rom from Coolrom.com

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 17, 2014
Hi guys, I'm new too these pokemon varients and ive been brought to ash gray by a friend. I'm playing the 3.61 version on my mobile via GBA (he sended me) there where tons of glitches I crossed and ignored (wallhack) but now I have a question, can you get an Alakazam or Gengar on the 3.61 version? Ive been trying in both night and day time with smoothebell, giving massages and training them but nothing seem to happen. I know metapod23 changed this somewhere but is this after 3.61? I also wanted to thank you for the beautiful game! Its by far the best pokemon I've played I hope you make a living of these games.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Hi guys, I'm new too these pokemon varients and ive been brought to ash gray by a friend. I'm playing the 3.61 version on my mobile via GBA (he sended me) there where tons of glitches I crossed and ignored (wallhack) but now I have a question, can you get an Alakazam or Gengar on the 3.61 version? Ive been trying in both night and day time with smoothebell, giving massages and training them but nothing seem to happen. I know metapod23 changed this somewhere but is this after 3.61? I also wanted to thank you for the beautiful game! Its by far the best pokemon I've played I hope you make a living of these games.
Neither Alakazam nor Gengar evolve by happiness o.O They evolve by trading.

HoennTM

Will my hack be done soon? Probably not.
Years
Hey, I Played your Pokemon Ashgray beta 4.2, And Im Stuck. -.- I don't know where but it Freezes when I Interact to someone. Please Help. :(

I have heard of this bug before. Did you use a rom from coolrom? Because they seem to work the best. Also try running 4.0 until you get to the orange islands because an event there playing on 4.2 causes the game to freeze.

HoennTM

Will my hack be done soon? Probably not.
Years
I don't know how many times I have played this game. I have restarted many save files over and over. Probably one of the best hacks tbh.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I have heard of this bug before. Did you use a rom from coolrom? Because they seem to work the best. Also try running 4.0 until you get to the orange islands because an event there playing on 4.2 causes the game to freeze.
If it's stuck everytime he interacts with anything/anyone, it's bugged ROM that needs to be scrapped and newly patched ROM ought to replace it.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 6, 2014
Just looking for suggestions- I finished mysterious garden so bulbusaur can learn solarbeam from the venusaur.

It knows:

Razor leaf
Leech seed
Toxic
Sleep powder

Should I teach it solarbeam, and what should I delete?

Sniper

ふゆかい
Years
Just looking for suggestions- I finished mysterious garden so bulbusaur can learn solarbeam from the venusaur.

It knows:

Razor leaf
Leech seed
Toxic
Sleep powder

Should I teach it solarbeam, and what should I delete?

Either Toxic or Sleep Powder for me. But since Toxic poisons its enemy. Then Leech seed instead.
Yep! Leech seed or Sleep power is your choice to replace for le solar beam.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 6, 2014
Ok, so I finally got past the make room for gloom bug, but now I'm stuck on tangelo island. Apparently I was supposed to use beta 4.0, not 4.2. What should I do?

Please keep in mind that I am on my iPhone (GBA4ios) using this version:
Pokemon Ash Gray [4.2] (CosmixZ)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 8, 2014
Hi Poke 411,

How did you bypass the bug for make room for gloom, i am stucked there as well after the mewtwo event and mum never prompt me. Please help.! thanks alot

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 6, 2014
Hi Poke 411,

How did you bypass the bug for make room for gloom, i am stucked there as well after the mewtwo event and mum never prompt me. Please help.! thanks alot

I downloaded a different rom and started over. (I was already considering it because I had evolved my starters.)

Dark Quicksilver

Red's Descendant
Years
  • Age 28
  • L.A.
  • Seen Jan 12, 2014
There's a glitch in which the 3 gym leaders in Cerulean city only talk about their show and misty never arrives! I can't seem to find any way around it,and I've really enjoyed the game up to this point :)
Is there a way to fix it?

qaz015393

pokemon revenge developer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
Love this hack. Great job on the work. Story, sprites, everythink looks great being it based off the anime. Really enjoy this that im re playing it

Jehowi

Your Master Superior
Years
When this ROM gets finished, I can die happy. Is metapod still working on this? I really hope so.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 20, 2023
Hi, Y'all. I'm new here. I just finished signing up and the sole reason was this thread. I came across this game thanks to MunchingOrange on YouTube, and I really want to play this game.

But, this would be my very first hack game ever. IDK what to do. Obviously I know it can be played on my computer, my Android phone and my iPod Touch, but I'm clueless about everything else.

I read through the last ten pages to see if I could learn anything, but... I couldn't understand half the terms you guys are using.

I really love Pokémon, I have bought most of the main series games (the only ones I've never owned are Yellow and Gold), and I love the anime (yes, even the B&W one!). Watching MunchingOrange's playthrough of this even inspired me to buy the Indigo League and Orange Islands seasons of the anime on DVD. (I also tried to buy both of the first movies... they're both over $70 on Amazon, and not in stock in any main retailer, so I was out of luck there...)

Anyways, this game is amazing and I was just wondering if some kind, cool person could give me a checklist of some sorts of what I need to play the game successfully on my PC, iPod and Android. (My iPod is a 4th gen and my phone's a Samsung Galaxy Exhibit. Idk what my PC is...)

Also, some people complained about a glitch in the Valencia Island on the new update... The remedy for that was posted 20+ times, so I'll keep that in mind. Are there any other game crashing glitches I should worry about aside from that one and what's in the OP?

Jehowi

Your Master Superior
Years
Hi, Y'all. I'm new here. I just finished signing up and the sole reason was this thread. I came across this game thanks to MunchingOrange on YouTube, and I really want to play this game.

But, this would be my very first hack game ever. IDK what to do. Obviously I know it can be played on my computer, my Android phone and my iPod Touch, but I'm clueless about everything else.

I read through the last ten pages to see if I could learn anything, but... I couldn't understand half the terms you guys are using.

I really love Pokémon, I have bought most of the main series games (the only ones I've never owned are Yellow and Gold), and I love the anime (yes, even the B&W one!). Watching MunchingOrange's playthrough of this even inspired me to buy the Indigo League and Orange Islands seasons of the anime on DVD. (I also tried to buy both of the first movies... they're both over $70 on Amazon, and not in stock in any main retailer, so I was out of luck there...)

Anyways, this game is amazing and I was just wondering if some kind, cool person could give me a checklist of some sorts of what I need to play the game successfully on my PC, iPod and Android. (My iPod is a 4th gen and my phone's a Samsung Galaxy Exhibit. Idk what my PC is...)

Also, some people complained about a glitch in the Valencia Island on the new update... The remedy for that was posted 20+ times, so I'll keep that in mind. Are there any other game crashing glitches I should worry about aside from that one and what's in the OP?

For Pc, you'd need an emulator (visualboyadvance), a ROM of pokémon firered and the .ips file of pokémon ashgray. When you have all those, put the firered and ashgray rom in the same folder on your pc and rename the pokémon firered rom to whatever name the pokémon ashgray rom has(it has to be identical). Then open it with visualboyadvance and there you have it! Enjoy.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 17, 2014
There is member Indiancharizard# who is making a hack Johto league Showdown taking inspiration from still in progress hack. Hahahaha such a baby.

Back