• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters

GoldvsRed

Geodude is a pretty cool guy.
Years
I assume this is in-game. If so, anything will work fine really. Good special attacks for Palkia are Spacial Rend, Draco Meteor, Surf, Fire Blast, and Thunderbolt. If you EV your pokemon, put them into special attack and speed and I promise the Elite Four won't stand a chance, lol.

Draco Meteor... I forgot about that! Palkia's the first Dragon-Type I've trained since Diamond... I rarely use that Type.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
What are some pokemon that laugh at NP P-Z in UU?

None. Nope nothing beats it well.

The only things that even come close to walling all its sets are Toxic + Sucker Punch + HP Fight max hp/max s.def Spiritomb (though this needs back up from Chansey), Hammer Arm + T-Wave Registeel and Cradilly and Regirock in SS. Oh and of course revenge killing. :/

Though Bulkygon-z actually sets up on walls without status, so yeah, it even sets up on T-Wave Chansey and when revenge killing it 80/70/75 defense all of a sudden doesnt seem that bad.

Hatenko

Hiya!
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 16, 2010
Which is the best physical move on a Glalie, Ice Shard, Ice Fang, or Avalanche?

Ice Shard's for when he absolutely needs to go first and it's normally when I need coverage. Ice Fang's kind of mediocre, so meh. Avalanche would be pretty good, but I'm worried he might not be able to take the hit. His EVs are 252 Atk/ 252 Spd/ 6 Def.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
Years
  • Age 32
  • NSFW
  • Seen Jun 18, 2019
What are some pokemon that laugh at NP P-Z in UU?

CB Technician Mach Punch from Top, but then you have to have another rapid spinner. You could just try to stall it out with Chansey though. I've 2hko'd with a RestTalk Tomb that had HP Fight.

Aurafire

provider of cake
Years
Which is the best physical move on a Glalie, Ice Shard, Ice Fang, or Avalanche?

Ice Shard's for when he absolutely needs to go first and it's normally when I need coverage. Ice Fang's kind of mediocre, so meh. Avalanche would be pretty good, but I'm worried he might not be able to take the hit. His EVs are 252 Atk/ 252 Spd/ 6 Def.

Ice Shard or Ice Fang probably. It really depends on whether you need the priority or not.

Years
  • Seen Jun 12, 2011
I have a question.

If i EV train a pokemon in Firered and then transfer them over to platinum, do the EVs i put into that pokemon reset?

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
How this set?

gallade.png

Gallade @ Leftovers
Careful nature
EVs: 252 HP/4 Atk/252 SpD
-Bulk Up
-Drain Punch
-Shadow Sneak
-Psycho Cut

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
I fixed it for you. Gallade cannot tank be a good tank.

And your proof for this is....? It has the s.def of Gardevoir which last time i checked was very good.

Either way you want sub or Taunt >> Psycho Cut or SS to stop status(and phazing in Taunts case) and a little speed too.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
Hey, this is a proper moveset request, i.e. i don't know of any.

Careful Manaphy.

I hatched my Ranger Manaphy, and i love it so much i really need to use it competitively.

Also, is this set good for my Dragonairs??

Timid @ Life Orb
252 spA / 252 spe / 4hp
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt
Dragon Pulse
Agility

Also, could someone explain how Agility etc. works?(e.g. how i can calculate my Dragonair's stats after agility boost)

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
Years
Hey, this is a proper moveset request, i.e. i don't know of any.

Careful Manaphy.

I hatched my Ranger Manaphy, and i love it so much i really need to use it competitively.

Also, is this set good for my Dragonairs??

Timid @ Life Orb
252 spA / 252 spe / 4hp
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt
Dragon Pulse
Agility

Also, could someone explain how Agility etc. works?(e.g. how i can calculate my Dragonair's stats after agility boost)

Stat boosts work like this:
A regular stat boost (as in, the text doesn't say "sharply") raise the stat by 1 stage (also known as a +1). That will increase whichever stat you boosted by 1.5x. So when you get a +2 (which Agility would do), you speed will be 2x higher (doubled). It continues in this fashion up to a +6 (4x the stat) in which the stat cannot go any higher.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
So, if my Dragonair has a Speed of 200, and attack of 200 (just for simplicity), then after Dragon Dance they're both at 300?

And if i used Agility, speed would be 400?

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
Years
So, if my Dragonair has a Speed of 200, and attack of 200 (just for simplicity), then after Dragon Dance they're both at 300?

And if i used Agility, speed would be 400?

You're correct. ^^ It's rather simple once you learn the mechanics behind those moves.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
And your proof for this is....? It has the s.def of Gardevoir which last time i checked was very good.

Either way you want sub or Taunt >> Psycho Cut or SS to stop status(and phazing in Taunts case) and a little speed too.

Sub would be better so I can Sub against some non-boosted Special Attacker and spam Bulk Up until the Sub breaks, making my Gallade tank ready. This works because after enough Bulk Ups Drain Punch should give back enough HP to cover for the HP lost creating Subs. Shadow Sneak picks up the slack where Speed is concerned.

Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2013
Should I bother teaching Giratina Fly? My team's Infernape, Garchomp, Giratina, Lucario, Electabuzz and Lapras. Having to get Staravia out all the time annoys me. So, should Giratina learn fly?

Back