The PokéCommunity Forums Fan Games ROM Hacking Launchpad
Idea Fakemon game

Launchpad Where all good (and bad) ideas start. This is the Launchpad, where you can develop your small ideas, recruit help and form teams.

Old 3 Weeks Ago (8:08 AM).

I am one of the newer members of this forum and have thought about creating a new game.

This would consist mainly of fakemon(or fanmon) and have a completely new region and story; aswell as new moves and abilities etc.

How would people feel about a hack like this being around?
Is it a good idea or not?

Relevant Advertising!

Old 2 Weeks Ago (6:47 PM).

Nature: Quiet
I suggest only doing fakemon if you are very good at spriting.

Also, making a large number of fakemon is very time intensive and many people underestimate that. I suggest limiting the number you make to a couple dozen at first (or even just a dozen), and then later on after you've developed the story and scripts consider adding more on if you truly wish.

On the other hand, if a fakemon dex is really what you have your heart set on (i don't really see any mention here of your story idea) you may want to consider making a sideshow showcase hack where the main storyline is the same but the graphics, and images have been changed to new pokemon.

I personally recommend most people try a minor hack before a major one, as it will give you skills, a hack base that you can then use for a storyline hack (there is nothing saying you can't develop a fakemon dex placed ontop kanto, place that in sideshow, then use that hack as a base to develop a second, storyline based hack.) and will be completed much more quickly; many major hacks are never completed at all, but most sideshow hacks I see are.
Evo-Yellow: 151 Evolve Raichu Hack, uses the Yellow Disassembly. Play as girl, ride a pokemon, special/physical, dark/fairy/steel types, new pokemon, gen 2 sprites, evolve Pikachu into Raichu and have them still follow you with new Raichu emotion sprites!
Yellow Hack Tutorial
Fire Yellow - A FireRed Hack & Yellow Remake with Following Pikachu
Old 5 Days Ago (8:59 AM).

Quote:
Originally Posted by longlostsoldier View Post
I suggest only doing fakemon if you are very good at spriting.

Also, making a large number of fakemon is very time intensive and many people underestimate that. I suggest limiting the number you make to a couple dozen at first (or even just a dozen), and then later on after you've developed the story and scripts consider adding more on if you truly wish.

On the other hand, if a fakemon dex is really what you have your heart set on (i don't really see any mention here of your story idea) you may want to consider making a sideshow showcase hack where the main storyline is the same but the graphics, and images have been changed to new pokemon.

I personally recommend most people try a minor hack before a major one, as it will give you skills, a hack base that you can then use for a storyline hack (there is nothing saying you can't develop a fakemon dex placed ontop kanto, place that in sideshow, then use that hack as a base to develop a second, storyline based hack.) and will be completed much more quickly; many major hacks are never completed at all, but most sideshow hacks I see are.
I am new to it but doing fair bit of research to it,alot of it will be trail and error i am sure.
There will be a fair few of fakemon but not entirely of. Making a hack that just replaces pokemon etc may be a good idea,will get me to learn a fair bit.

Thank you for the criticism. The more the merrier.
Old 4 Days Ago (4:56 PM).
Rom Hacker

It could totally work if you wanted it to. From what you said, it's a little too vague to tell you if it's a good idea or a bad idea. Could go either way.

More info to come!
Old 3 Days Ago (9:36 AM).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokémon MB and GG Versions View Post
It could totally work if you wanted it to. From what you said, it's a little too vague to tell you if it's a good idea or a bad idea. Could go either way.
I left it abit vague to see if people would be interested in the game with the majority of fakemon. I have a good idea of what I am planning which i will create a thread on at some point.
Old 3 Days Ago (11:15 AM).
Rom Hacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowblade95 View Post
I left it abit vague to see if people would be interested in the game with the majority of fakemon. I have a good idea of what I am planning which i will create a thread on at some point.
Personally, I prefer real pokemon to fake pokemon. But if it was a really good game, I would play it either way. If you wanna go with fakemon, go for it. But I hope you're good at spriting. Cuz I'm not, and i hate it

More info to come!
Old 3 Days Ago (4:56 PM).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokémon MB and GG Versions View Post
Personally, I prefer real pokemon to fake pokemon. But if it was a really good game, I would play it either way. If you wanna go with fakemon, go for it. But I hope you're good at spriting. Cuz I'm not, and i hate it
Well I do plan on having actual pokemon in it aswell. Just havent decided on a ratio yet on it.

Ive started practice on spriting and will keep on trying till I have gotten better at it.
Old 2 Days Ago (12:17 AM).
Rom Hacker

Good luck man. Lemme know when it's playable. I'd love to check it out. Also, if you need help with anything feel free to ask. Maybe I can help

More info to come!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links