• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Android Rom Hacking Tools

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 5, 2021
So, I just gave up on learning scripting bcoz... firered hacked engine makes me feel im not learning something,lol,yeah whatever.

So I know how to develop android apps(not too advance though :) ).and i will start with smaller tools.I just want to know if there is already an already made rom hacking tool on android or atleast WIP(please give a link for basis) so that i know what to make first :)

I know, i know.PC is better or faster but atleast making tools for android will benefit me for the upcoming school thesis,lol, and i hope will benefit you too.

SidDays

Professional Lurker
Years
There are none I know of, but as you already said, the PC is a way too superior platform for ROM Hacking. I'm not sure many would be interested in developing tools for Android - even for Windows, there's no fixed set of tools.

What you can do, though, is begin with something basic, like a savegame editor or randomizer (for nuzlocking), because many people still play ROM hacks on android

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 5, 2021
Ill take that into consideration, if i cant advance, ill just give up again lol.thanks for suggesting

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 5, 2021
trying to make a save editor..but i just cant understand the data used on computing the checksum thing

BluRose

blu rass
Years
Hex Editors and Poketext are already on android but I really want a starter editor or a script editor for Android....
You can easily find Hex Editors on google play...
As for Poketext here is the link http://mobile9apk.com/Download_PokeText-(ポケモン図鑑)_APK.html
i know necroposting and all that but

the starters are literally just three different bytes and it would be far superior to edit with a hex editor anyways; i don't know who thought it was a good idea making a fancy tool for a starter editor :P

Aryan 10

Battle Legend
Years
i know necroposting and all that but

the starters are literally just three different bytes and it would be far superior to edit with a hex editor anyways; i don't know who thought it was a good idea making a fancy tool for a starter editor :P

The first hacking tools I downloaded was Advance Starter and I hacked Fire red by just editing the starter for fun but then I realized I can do something better so I started rom hacking.... after all a starter editor help those people that only want to edit starters for fun....

CelticsPhan

Get Poke'd
Years
There's also another save editor for Android called Poketweet (you can just use it offline, you don't have to use Twitter).

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://play.google.com/store/apps/details%3Fid%3Dpoketweet.app%26hl%3Den%26referrer%3Dutm_source%253Dgoogle%2526utm_medium%253Dorganic%2526utm_term%253Dpoketweet%26pcampaignid%3DAPPU_1_nbeDWOmWPIT4mAHX2p7wDg&ved=0ahUKEwip2ZnE_dPRAhUEPCYKHVetB-4Q5YQBCBowAA&usg=AFQjCNHG3uXT6I8y-Y90z6lTAbhjDmD0Vw&sig2=UYpVvXLKLrPb4mkHPMf_mg

You can customize a Pokemon, its IVs, held item, ribbons etc.

The only thing is you need box space, and you can't customize the nature (if you want an Adamant Salamence, you need to select a Pokemon you already have with Adamant nature, then click Edit).

Last edited:

Aryan 10

Battle Legend
Years
There's also another save editor for Android called Poketweet (you can just use it offline, you don't have to use Twitter).

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://play.google.com/store/apps/details%3Fid%3Dpoketweet.app%26hl%3Den%26referrer%3Dutm_source%253Dgoogle%2526utm_medium%253Dorganic%2526utm_term%253Dpoketweet%26pcampaignid%3DAPPU_1_nbeDWOmWPIT4mAHX2p7wDg&ved=0ahUKEwip2ZnE_dPRAhUEPCYKHVetB-4Q5YQBCBowAA&usg=AFQjCNHG3uXT6I8y-Y90z6lTAbhjDmD0Vw&sig2=UYpVvXLKLrPb4mkHPMf_mg

You can customize a Pokemon, its IVs, held item, ribbons etc.

The only thing is you need box space, and you can't customize the nature (if you want an Adamant Salamence, you need to select a Pokemon you already have with Adamant nature, then click Edit).
PokeTweet doesn't works because I tried it just corrupt save file... another problem is not all Android gba emulators produce .sav file most of them produce .st0 and .sgm file

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 10, 2022
I don't know if Android supports, but a Map Editor for editing only Tiles and Movement Permissions (without all other features like Wild Pokémon and Events) will be a good thing. I'm doing the mapping in my rom and most of the time I can't access my PC, but I'm always with my phone, then a little Map Editor for Android 4.0+ will be a great addition.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 6, 2020
I have never made a rom hack before but I have an amazing idea for a hack is there any useful tutorials for beginners on mapping, sprites, text editor, adding/ editing Pokemon and adding items/tms/hms

Years
  • Age 19
  • Seen Dec 3, 2022
So, I just gave up on learning scripting bcoz... firered hacked engine makes me feel im not learning something,lol,yeah whatever.

So I know how to develop android apps(not too advance though :) ).and i will start with smaller tools.I just want to know if there is already an already made rom hacking tool on android or atleast WIP(please give a link for basis) so that i know what to make first :)

I know, i know.PC is better or faster but atleast making tools for android will benefit me for the upcoming school thesis,lol, and i hope will benefit you too.

I made a channel that deals with the creation or edition of roms and mostly Pokemon gba. but also from games like mario bros and de nes
Look it up on YouTube as Nehemias Lugo with the image of a cat on a motorcycle

Back