• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen a... re-remake?

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
would you be excited about a remake of FRLG for the 3DS? do you think this is likely to ever happen? what would you like to see changed from the source games?

Years
I think we'll see Kanto again in the future, but not actual remakes of FRLG. Saying that, I'd really like to see them, although the Kanto region has been given to us many times, I would love to see it in 3D and would play the hell out of whatever Kanto games we get :)

Coffee

Banned
Years
Just like Luna, I don't see re-remakes happening since the story is so known at this point and also pretty boring (in my opinion).
I would like to see a different version of Kanto though like we saw in G/S/C and HG/SS.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
I'm a sucker for Kanto, so I'd like to see it, but I'm not sure we will. If they were going to release a new Kanto game, do you think they'd have released the originals on the eShop?

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
They'll do it again someday. Probably not soon, but someday.

The Kanto stuff is by far the most recognizable, and so lucrative, part of the franchise. They won't pass up milking it for everything they can (and remember that last year we did get re-releases of ye old R/B/Y, and all the Gen 1 referencing in Sun/Moon).

Fire Red/Leaf Green are roughly 13 years old now. You can still play them, but as time goes on, it'll be harder and harder to find a functioning copy of the games and a functioning GBA/DS (that aren't expensive as fuck). There'll be Pokemon players who've never had the chance before to journey through Kanto, because they're that young.

Though there is the interesting point of why do re-remakes when you can do eShop re-releases

Last edited:

Iria Animi

Innocent Trainer
Years
Nice question. I personally think we should see upcoming Pokemon game as Pokemon R/B remake on Nintendo Switch just like Pokemon OR/AS happened. Asking for Sinnoh remake is too early.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 19, 2019
Yes, yes, yes! Well, not a remake of FRLG, but I'd be sold if they came with a new installment taking place in Kanto. I find the idea of revisiting old regions much more interesting, and Kanto would be a great place to start.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 20, 2023
I honestly don't care about Kanto :p
Might buy it if it completed the gen 7 pokedex, or added more megas or something.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
They might be putting out a new movie in Kanto, and they've heavily done Kanto pokémon in GO and Alola lately. I wouldn't put it past them to make a Kanto based game next. But not with the original story - rather with Mega evolution in existence and a fresh plot and characters, set many years after the first games, treating TR's rise as history and having new gym leaders, maybe even changed towns and locations and wild pokémon.

Years
I would only be excited for a FRLG remake if it looks nice and dosen't focus most of the game on cutscenes Althrough i don't think this remake will be released for a while atleast.

What i would like to see changed are as followed
1: More difficult trainers Some trainers that you encounter later on in the game i'e in the sevii islands Are not tough enough i want more of a challenge

2: One should be able to catch a few johto pokemon before completing the game and getting the national dex

Other than those two i cannot think of anything else that i want them to change.

kitarei

☕ milk tea & 💻 code.
Years
I hope not - I'd rather see a black & white remake for the 3ds simply because those DS graphics were so appalling I'd love a chance to explore that region without gouging my eyes out.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 22, 2017
I'd like a re-imagining of the first games. By that I mean the same region with the same sort of Pokemon, but updated for today.

I don't know if what I want is a game set 20 years after RBY, with map and Pokedex updates to reflect that, or if I'd rather have a game that basically pretends RBY didn't exist. But in short, I would like to go around Kanto once again!

Years
They might be putting out a new movie in Kanto, and they've heavily done Kanto pokémon in GO and Alola lately. I wouldn't put it past them to make a Kanto based game next. But not with the original story - rather with Mega evolution in existence and a fresh plot and characters, set many years after the first games, treating TR's rise as history and having new gym leaders, maybe even changed towns and locations and wild pokémon.

I'd totally be up for this, we've experienced Kanto several times at this point, so I think with all these changes we'd get the nostalgia of the region with new and exciting features/locations too!

Years
I wouldn't be surprised if they did another remake, though I don't know if I would ever get it if they did. I lost interest halfway through playing Leaf Green since it was basically "I've done this all before", along with First Gen not being a favorite of mine; I'm pretty certain another remake would get the same reaction from me. Unless they do it differently and/or add more new things, but I'm not sure if it would interest me much even then...

xXLunaSolXx

Kanto sequel would be a better choice imo, though I think we had too much Kanto already.

Jakob99

Worlds greatest trainer.
Years
Here's my two cents on a Fire red and Leaf green re-make and why they should happen.

In the GBA Fire red and Leaf green, you can achieve total domination and can solo the game with just one Pokemon with the other being used for HM purposes only. The best Pokemon to use for this is Charmander. What you gotta do is battle EVERY wild Pokemon you encounter (No exceptions) and you HAVE to battle EVERY trainer you come across (although there are two that can't be reached until surf is obtained even though one of them is pretty obvious. No exceptions) and your Charizard should have the following move set when at the Elite 4. Wing attack, Aerial Ace (Aerial Ace is a MUST if you use Charizard else this won't work properly), Ember and Fire blast. For the first gym I recommend you teach your Charmander Metal claw and to get him evolved into Charmeleon. When you exit Mt. Moon, go to the two fighters on route four and tech Charmeleon those moves (Don't remove ember) and use them to help with Misty. After that, it's pretty straightforward in that you shouldn't have to worry about fainting for a while (Unless you decide to play like a monkey when your Charizard's HP is low) Make sure to battle every trainer on Islands 1 and 3 as well (The route to treasure beach has a few and Mt. Ember has a few as well) When you finish Victory road and make it to the Elite Four, your Charizard should be at level 90-92. You may also want to consider getting the Zapdos from the power plant (while battling the Maniac there) and teaching it the toxic you got from Fuschia so you can use that to make battling Gary's Blastoise easier although I've found that I don't need toxic but I still recommend getting Zapdos if you plan on taking the elite four after the sevii isle quests are complete. Once you get the second round of sevii isle quests after getting 60 pokemon in the dex, battle all the trainers on islands 4-7 and your Charizard should be at level 100 before you even set foot in the rocket warehouse. Once you have officially finished all quests, you can then go on to train your other Pokemon to level 100. If you do this, start with Zapdos and make sure he has the following moveset; Toxic, Thunder, Drill peck and Shockwave. and give him the EXP share while Charizard holds the Amulate coin (from Oak's aid somewhere) Once your Zapdos gets to around 62, it should be able to handle the Lorelie with Charizard only coming out for Piloswine and Jynx (although Zapdos can take down Jynx when it gets to a higher level) Same with Bruno with Charizard only needed for the two Steelix. Agatha may require Charizard until your Zapdos is in its 70's and Zapdos should be able to take out Lance's Gyrados and Kingdra and he should be ale to take out Gary's Heracross, Eggecutor, Tyranitar and Blastoise. Once he's at level 100 he can solo this with Charizard only coming out for the rock types (The types that are weak to fire blast) After him, get the Dewgong (Seelot) from the trade in the Cinnabar lab and train that up (This should be quick) He can substitute Charizard on the rock types and also Zapdos on a few things like Gary (This guy can do all except Gary's Blastoise) After him, do whatever Pokemon you like. If they remade this with the only thing changing being the graphics and the addition of 3-7th gen Pokemon (along with the items released afterwards) then by using this strategy you can become indestructible and can then excel in the Pokemon tournaments thanks to this strategy. So, I say yes for a re-make as I'd definetly buy it and lets hope they put it on the switch as well. Maybe we should start a change.org petition to get Gamefreak and Nintendo to make this for the switch as once People learn of this strategy, sales will go through the roof with people trading their Pokemon to this game for leveling up and then trading them back.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
As long as they fix that crappy thing with the Pokedex so I can have a Blissey during the game, I don't care how it comes out. I'm not particularly interested in Kanto and I even prefer the originals to FRLG though, so at this point, I don't really care if they remake it or not. I used to be vehemently against it lol.

blue

gucci
Years
I'd buy it that's for sure, but it's not high on my list of Pokémon games I want right now. I can understand why people think this will eventually be a thing, but I'd much rather return to Sinnoh and see sequels to Sun & Moon first before having another Kanto remake.

Back