• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon AshGray Version (Beta 4.5 Released!!)

Years
This is no movie, the hack is based on the weekly episodes of pokemon, the first 2 season of the series. I believe he is going to the end of the orange islands, which will be a very long time before the final beta is posted. My guess that would happen maybe next year, or near the end of this year if we are lucky.

Oops, did I say movie? I meant to say will the hack include the movie storylines? But anyway you already answered my question.

Digidestined123

Hacker in training
Years
I can't run this. Hey Metapod23? Could you turn this into a winzip file? I need It to be a Winzip file so that I could use it on my VBA. Elswhere, how do I run this?

1st- download Lunar Ips
2nd- download firered rom
3rd- download the ips patch
4th- patch the firered rom

that should help

Thanks. I needed help bad. I couldn't get it to run. Lol.

Um... How do patch Firered? I already have it.

Some of the screenshots were taken from video that weren't high quality and some of them were captured directly from the game. I do still have a long way to go, but it is progressing bit by bit. Thanks for the comment. :)

I think adding new tiles will be the last thing I do, but I am doing my best to replicate the events of the anime series. I'm editing the overworld sprites myself in Photoshop, which is the easiest way to do it.

Hey, could you please make this into a winzip file so that I can play it on my VBA?

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
The mapping needs to be improved, as some of it doesn't look too attractive in the screens. It would look better if you did totally new maps, like CO500's JohtoAdventures, since he did ALL new maps.
your scripting is good, you don't need to improve on that.:)
As for the Pkmn OWs, maybe you could use HGSS ones?
Your tiles are okay, but could be better.
I can spot some tile errors at route one, and the top right to bottom right is very empty. I'm interested in playing the banned episodes, such as Electric Soldier Porygon, they can't have been easy to do.
Overall, This looks nice, I'll be sure to play it when beta 2 comes.:D

Years
  • Seen Dec 6, 2017
Hey, I found a glitch. Or maybe you intended it to happen. In Mt. Moon, you can leave and enter the room with the Moon Stone for unlimited Moon Stones. Sorry if anybody else said it, I just really don't have time for reading 21 pages, lol. And, Seymour disappears from the room.
@Digidestined123, you could just name the rom and the patch the same name (Pokemon Ash Gray.GBA and Pokemon Ash Gray.ips) and put them in the same folder. That should work. And why should he need to make it into a ZIP file? All you do is download,then cut and paste it into the same folder as the ROM.

Last edited:
Years
Hey, I found a glitch. Or maybe you intended it to happen. In Mt. Moon, you can leave and enter the room with the Moon Stone for unlimited Moon Stones. Sorry if anybody else said it, I just really don't have time for reading 21 pages, lol. And, Seymour disappears from the room.
@Digidestined123, you could just name the rom and the patch the same name (Pokemon Ash Gray.GBA and Pokemon Ash Gray.ips) and put them in the same folder. That should work. And why should he need to make it into a ZIP file? All you do is download,then cut and paste it into the same folder as the ROM.

you have to patch the ips to the rom, and u have 2 have lunar ips to do this. I did state how to do this to digidestined.

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
The mapping needs to be improved, as some of it doesn't look too attractive in the screens. It would look better if you did totally new maps, like CO500's JohtoAdventures, since he did ALL new maps.
your scripting is good, you don't need to improve on that.:)
As for the Pkmn OWs, maybe you could use HGSS ones?
Your tiles are okay, but could be better.
I can spot some tile errors at route one, and the top right to bottom right is very empty. I'm interested in playing the banned episodes, such as Electric Soldier Porygon, they can't have been easy to do.
Overall, This looks nice, I'll be sure to play it when beta 2 comes.:D

Since the first season is based on the Kanto region, and so is FireRed, I don't see the need to change the maps too much, since they're supposed to reflect the same areas anyway. I've thought about changing the Pokemon OWs, but you still have to resize them and they don't look as nice.

Years
  • Seen Dec 6, 2017
Help? Where do you go after the school and the Hidden Village? I looked at LightSlei's walkthrough, and apparently you're supposed to through an underground tunnel, but I can't find it. It's gone... I think I'm trying to go to the Charmander episode. But I can't go there because the house is gone. By the way, I'm talking about the one on Route 5 next to Cerulean City.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 6, 2017
Ohhhh never mind... I saw a ledge in the Hidden Forest that leads you to Route 6.

Dayd111

Pokemon Master
Years
Since the first season is based on the Kanto region, and so is FireRed, I don't see the need to change the maps too much, since they're supposed to reflect the same areas anyway. I've thought about changing the Pokemon OWs, but you still have to resize them and they don't look as nice.

Hey, metapod
Are you stilll thinking about having Brock and Misty following you.
After you battle Brock, when the player continues towards Mt. Moon, you should make a script where Brock stops the player from going to Mt. Moon, saying he wants to join your adventure, and Misty will do the same. Just like in the anime, And they should walk ahead of you just like how your rival walks ahead of you.

To actually have Brock and Misty follow you, you should have them walk around in every town, make it seem like they're actually with you.
And making scripts where they come to you and talk to you, after the conversation is done, they both should walk away.
progress.gif

Years
  • Seen Mar 24, 2010
Hi sorry im kind of a noob at this but how do i get the hack to apply to the fire red emulator because when i use the hack by its self the emulator just crashes or is there something else i need

Years
If anyone has trouble defeating Brock should catch a Mankey on Route 22, since Mankey learns Low Kick which works on heavy Pokemon like Onix. Does Zubat have a better overworld, since the sprite appearing before Mt. Moon looks flat kinda. I'm guessing the Fighting Dojo and Power Plant are fixed in Beta 2.

Back