• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

★ → The Official PokeCommunity Adoption Center [Read first post!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

InvictoX

Water Trainer/Researcher
Years
  • Age 37
  • NC
  • Seen Aug 12, 2013
Yes I am still interested! I have already signed for a few of the challenges and am going to get started on the Solo one, but still have some questions for the mentor! :) and also still curious about the emulators and how/where to download and use them, I dont have RU/SA/EM/PE/DI/PL so I might need one :D

-edit- Yeah what Bazmo said also, Im wondering how to put sprites and animated sprites in the threads, and how exactly I am supposed to let everyone know of my progress :)

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
InvictoX, I'll be happy to have you as a mentee. :) I will VM you later! Also, while I'm already here, to post images, you use [img*]url just take away the *. However, you can't post links or pictures until you have 15 posts, but you're already close. Getting to 15 is easy. There are plenty of good discussion threads in Pokemon Gaming Central, Pokemon General, Black and White, etc. :) And I usually get sprites from Bulbapedia. Hope that helps!

Bazma, if you'd like a challenge mentor, I'll be glad to have you as well, but if you'd prefer one for ROM Hacking, that's fine too. The ROM Hacking mentors are great anyway. :)[/SIZE][/FONT]

Years
  • Seen Sep 27, 2013
"You might want to explain #3 a bit since it doesn't tell me anything. :/" - Meganium90

I don`t think i would venture out into other forums `cept[except] PKMN[pokemon]

"Well, you have two interests right there! ROM Hacking and Roleplaying. You know, I'd be more than happy to take you on if you'd like a mentor right now (since you PMed me earlier that prompted me to make that choice) but if you're looking for a specific mentor, there's DrFuji and SwiftSign for Emulation as well as PkMnTrainer Yellow and Miss Doronjo for Roleplay Corner." - Meganium90

I would be very happy with all three of you as mentors, it`s always a pleasure to gain friendship and learn at the same time. :3

Sydian is the mentor and moderator of General Pokemon Gaming and Challenges! I think she'd be the perfect mentor for you if you're interested in that area. :D She can also expand you in trading as well.

That would make me so relieved about figuring out the site.... i`ll take the chance. :3

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Hey.Heretostay123 here.I'm new here.I'm looking for someone to show me the ropes in role playing.I wanna join one,so I'd really appreciate it if you could help me.A girl would be preferable;)

Haha.Nah.Jk.Anyones fine :)

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
PkMnTrainer Yellow's a girl and she's a roleplayer. She's more than welcome to show you around the RP corner as well as roleplaying in general. Up for that? I can go ahead and contact her if you like. :)

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Hey ReshZek200, I'll be happy to have you as my mentee. :) I'll VM you soon and stuff yayaya. Just posting to kind confirm this haha.

Years
  • Seen Aug 4, 2012
Yeah I think a hacking mentor would be better off for me as I am beginning to work out how the challenges work. It is just getting the little bar saying what challenges I am currently in and completed I was really after regarding those and the posting of the screen shots really. The only thing is I don't have the slightest clue on how to adjust anything in the gameplay as such

Years
  • Seen Jul 30, 2012
1. What boards are you most interested in?
Art. I'm really interested in spriting and graphics. I'm also interested in web design. :3
2. What boared are you most interested in getting to understand?
Role playing. I've always wanted to take part in role playing but I never understood how it works and I've always been too afraid to take part in any roleplays.
3. Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forums?
I'd like to venture out into fanfiction and emulation.
4. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here?
Make some new friends and enjoy myself. :)

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Hi there Pearlx! :)

We have great mentors who will take you around the art sections. They are Abnegation, Cirno, and Kura. All three mentors specialize in the Art section of the community and each of them are great artists themselves. Since you're also interested in the whole Creative Discussions section, both Abnegation and Kura are more than welcome to take you around each of those sections. If you'd like, check out the bios on the second post of this thread, and you can let me know which mentor would you like to go with. I'll be sure to give them a heads up for ya. :)

Years
  • Seen Jul 30, 2012
Hi! :)

Hmm if you could ask Cirno to be my mentor I'd really appreciate it. If she can't then whoever's happy to be my mentor, thanks Meganium90. :3

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
i would like a mentor to teach me how to make rom hackin games because i a good idea of a pokemon game

I can only direct you to one if you have questions regarding ROM Hacking, but not if you are just wanting someone to do the ROM Hacking work for you. Keep that in mind ok!

We have SwiftSign available for any ROM Hacking questions you may have, he has most of the experience you may want to have including scripting, mapping and tiling.

Years
Hi! :)

Hmm if you could ask Cirno to be my mentor I'd really appreciate it. If she can't then whoever's happy to be my mentor, thanks Meganium90. :3

I'm really sorry for the slow reply. ;__; PC went down for me a few days ago and continued to be down the last three days. Didn't realize clearing my cookies would have fixed it! I'll contact you now if you still need a mentor~

FranzFM

GIMP Master
Years
Hi, I would like to have a mentor for ROM Hacking. No experience in hacking, only in creating tiles and Minis. Any mentor will do, Thanks! :D

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Hi, I would like to have a mentor for ROM Hacking. No experience in hacking, only in creating tiles and Minis. Any mentor will do, Thanks! :D

I can't get you a mentor if you want someone to do tiling for you, so please do keep in mind. ROM Hacking mentors DrFuji and SwiftSign are there to at least help you out as well as guiding you to the Emulation sections, pointing you to which thread where you can get the best help.

Both of them are available though, so I can get one of them to mentor you if you like. :)

Sophia Oyamoto

Clefairy Biggest Fan
Years
Hey there!
I won't introduce myself 'cause my profile tells the basics about me. n_n

I need a mentor to get used to this. It's my first time in a phorum, and I really need game partners, so that's about it.

I enjoy trading and Wi-Fi battles!

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Awww if you haven't done an intro thread you should! Though I won't really push you to it. haha.

Anyways, We have separate mentors for both Trading and Battling. If you're interested in Trading, we have TwilightBlade, Sydian and Livewire for that...as well as for Competitive Battling we have Requility and PlatinumDude. Depending on which of the two you're interested the most, so you have the option to read their biographies and let me know which is your perfect match! :)

Years
  • Seen Aug 2, 2012
Umm, hello. I'm new here, and I'd like to learn about navigating through this place. I'm finding myself a little lost to be honest. So does anyone know who could help me?

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Umm, hello. I'm new here, and I'd like to learn about navigating through this place. I'm finding myself a little lost to be honest. So does anyone know who could help me?

For better results, you should refer back to the first page and fill out the form on the first post. If you are interested in any of the areas of the forum, you can indicate that in the form as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back