• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
@0m3GA ARS3NAL:- will it work with 4bpp format thing? in the other tutorials they say work with 8bpp format thing......oh well....i'll try it out both ways......(its gonna take a long time......)

If worst comes to worst.....i'll just use the defaut tile set thing and make a map....(it'll look kinda sloppy tho.....)

Fire Red and Leaf Green use 8bpp Format, Ruby/Saphire (I think Emerald too) use 4bpp.

Years
@0m3GA ARS3NAL (or @any1 really....):- do you know what the unlz-gba number for the tileset is? i know that ZodiacTheGreat said 136(1 lower than the tile map) but it doesn't work for me........(:( and i wanted to use the D&N thing in my rom so i don't wanna switch over to fire red.....(although i might....))

edit:-......oh wait.....it is 136......still not working for me tho.........(1 more day then i'm switching over to fire red......)

Last edited:

JPAN

pokemon rom researcher
Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2016
I have some questions

first, does anyone know where the variables are stored in the game ROM/RAM? If not, does anyone know a command to access those variables in ASM?

Second, do you know where the "Save" routine is started?

Thanks in advance.

DemonParia

Gangsterfresh Swagmaster
Years
  • Seen Oct 6, 2015
I think he meant that you should do the same but instead of doing it with grass, do it with the flowers.

.... Why? I don't have a problem with the flowers. They're fine the way they are! *cries* Why are you so mean to tiny little flowers when all they want to do is hug you >__<!!!!

Lukeyjohnno

Hacker-In-Training ;)
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 1, 2013
Okay, after previously asking for help with my ROM. I finally fixed the Riolu sprite. But there is no shiny paletee. Oh well.
But, now, does anyone have an Indexed Lucario and Backsprite sprite?
If so could you PM me?
Thanks.

EDIT: Also, how do you change the cries of pokemon?

Still waiting upon an answer for me.

Years
.... Why? I don't have a problem with the flowers. They're fine the way they are! *cries* Why are you so mean to tiny little flowers when all they want to do is hug you >__<!!!!

That was almost funny. Maybe if you try a little bit harder, I'll laugh.

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2022
In A-Map I am using the Open Map feature, so when I switch maps though (i did save) and I go back to the one I switched its back to the one before it switched. What's wrong?

EDIT: nvm all I had to do is insert the map over the other one :D

Melash

Back for now.
Years
Okay, I've asked these questions about three times, but no one has answered them. I don't mean to be rude, but....yeah. Here they are again:
1. Where is the animation tiles in Red located at
2. Does anyone have the EliteMap .ini's for Emerald Version? (I have to use E-Map....)
3. Okay, this is a weird question, but does anyone have any...err, 'sheet music' for RSE? Well, not actual sheet music, but the notes for all the music in RSE. I don't know if anyone's made written down all the music for it, but could you possibly link me toa page with it.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2012
Ok the maximum level you can train a pokemon to is level 100. is there a way to make this 250?

I have the same question
Does anyone know the offsets to change in Metal & Colour games?

Also, anyone know any world map editors for Metal &/or colour games besides hfd? (bleh!) And any hex tutorials/tools to edit world map data?

Last edited:

Andryandrew

Italian Asm Hacker
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 4, 2015
Okay, I've asked these questions about three times, but no one has answered them. I don't mean to be rude, but....yeah. Here they are again:
1. Where is the animation tiles in Red located at
2. Does anyone have the EliteMap .ini's for Emerald Version? (I have to use E-Map....)
3. Okay, this is a weird question, but does anyone have any...err, 'sheet music' for RSE? Well, not actual sheet music, but the notes for all the music in RSE. I don't know if anyone's made written down all the music for it, but could you possibly link me toa page with it.
1- Animation tiles? Ehm... I don't understand...
2- I answer this question previously: e-map didn't update its ini files... So there isn't a ini up-to-date of Emerald. But why you have to use E-Map? Maybe i know some alternatives programs...
3- I found This and This

Jerros

TloS FTW!!!
Years
Question: How do I use the "cut script" in emerald?
I mean the "$2906BB".
It works, but when I move, the tree comes back again...
Does anyone know how to solve that?

Aslo, how can I edit the Trainer Battle intro? (Pokémon emerald)
I want to edit the big "Team Aqua sign" that flashes when you battle a Team Aqua member.
I mean the logo that flashes right before you start the Trainer Battle.
Is it editable in unLZ? If so, what is the number? I've searched unLz a coupl of times already, but I can't seem to find the logo...

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
I mean the "$2906BB".

I want to edit the big "Team Aqua sign" that flashes when you battle a Team Aqua member.
Is it editable in unLZ? If so, what is the number? I've searched unLz a coupl of times already, but I can't seem to find the logo...
Well Dutch guy:

1. Don't know, ask a scripter
2. It surely is in UnLZ.GBA or in TLP. Just search everything, then search everything in 256 colors and Black&White.

Andryandrew

Italian Asm Hacker
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 4, 2015
I mean the "$2906BB".

1- It's totally normal... the other trees have this behaviour, haven't they?

DemonParia

Gangsterfresh Swagmaster
Years
  • Seen Oct 6, 2015
1- It's totally normal... the other trees have this behaviour, haven't they?

What? No! It's not normal to cut a cut tree, take a step, and it reappears.

Why don't you compare, side by side, your cut tree's data in advance map to one in FireRed normally? If it's not exactly the same, you did something wrong, i.e. movements or something.

That was almost funny. Maybe if you try a little bit harder, I'll laugh.

Lol. What I meant to say was that I don't want to edit the flowers because I wuv them, and I already found the solution to my DOOR animation problem. :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back