• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PCL] PCL Mid-Season Tournament Information: CLAN HEADS LOOK HERE!

Anti

return of the king
Years
PCL Mid-Season Tournament

For those of you who read the post about PCL logistics, you might recall that after Week 4, the weekly clan wars will be briefly suspended in order to carry out the Mid-Season Tournament, a 16-person single elimination tournament which will start immediately after Week 4 just as Week 5 would have.

Here are the tournament's details:

• Each clan picks two individuals to represent the clan in the tournament. From there, a 16-person individual tournament will begin. Each individual clan head is responsible for determining which two clan members will participate. Clan heads are neither prohibited nor required to participate.
• Each round will last only 3 days. If you cannot complete your match in 3 days, do not attempt to enter this tournament.
• Each round is best 2 out of 3.
• This is a single elimination tournament. There is no losers bracket.
• The battle format will be standard OU, with no exceptions. The recently banned Landorus will be considered Uber for this tournament.
• For every round a user advances, they will win 1 point for their clan. The winner of the mid-season tournament wins 2 bonus points (on top of those accumulated from advancing) for their clan, and the runner-up wins 1 bonus point for their clan.
• Members of the same clan will be on opposite ends of the bracket, so they cannot meet until the tournament final.

In order to facilitate a smoothly operated tournament, we ask that clan heads must submit their two players to Anti by June 12th at 11:59 PM EST. This is the same deadline that Week 4's clan wars have. If you do not send me players, you won't be entered into the tournament. MAKE SURE THAT THE PLAYERS YOU ENTER WILL BE ABLE TO DO A BO3 MATCH EVERY THREE DAYS. This tournament relies on high activity, so unreliable or low-activity members, especially on the server, should not be entered.

For the remaining clan members who do not participate in this tournament, there will be a competition whose winner will win 2 points for their clan and whose runner-up will win 1 point for their clan. We will post more information about this competition shortly.

Good luck everyone!

Sirfetch’d

Sounds fun! Already told you the ones from my clan being entered. Looking forward to this n_n

Anti

return of the king
Years
ok, i'll post a thread to make it official shortly, but here are the first round match-ups. divine libra never submitted participants, so as i made clear in the op, they will not be entered into the tournament, and the two top seeds will be byes.

the way i did the seeding was admittedly convoluted. i based it on pcl record in matches that were played. when people were tied, i took activity decisions into account. the other important note is that i took the participant from each group of 2 who consistently got tougher opponents and guaranteed each of them a top 8 (now top 7) seed, as records didn't develop in a vacuum. when doing the seedings this way, they panned out like this:

1. Hanaaa (8)
4. Archy (4)
5. Void. (3)
8. Nah (8)
9. punkysaur (3)
12. static (1)
13. Altairis (7)
16. XXX

2. Anti (1)
3. Dragon (5)
6. Chase (2)
7. Nakasu (7)
10. Christos (2)
11. Emboar (4)
14. Yoshikko (5)
15. XXX

note the separated brackets. the numbers next to each name indicate the clan, so if one bracket has two of the same number, an adjustment needs to be made so clan mates can't face off until the finals. here was the result from that tinkering:

1. Hanaaa
4. Archy
5. Void.
8. Christos
9. static
12. Altairis
13. Yoshikko
16. XXX

2. Anti
3. Dragon
6. Chase
7. Nakasu