• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Article: Competitive Concepts: Entry Hazards

Years

This article introduces the currently known Entry Hazards, explaining why they have such a prominent place in competitive metagames and how you can counteract them.

Years
Really well-written and informative. I only knew the basics of entry hazards and learned some new things reading this! thank you for teaching this scrub. <3

5qwerty

[b][font="open sans"]WHOLLY MOLEY[/font][/b]
Years
  • Seen Mar 6, 2024
I think there is a misunderstanding (possibly a typo) regarding TSpikes (rather, regarding the Badly Poisoned status). It starts at 1/16 max health and increments by 1/16 every turn. It might be worth discussing the situational use of 1 layer vs 2 layers, as badly poisoned Pokémon actually take less or equal cumulative damage for turns 1-3. If you're not fighting fat Pokémon, it is usually fine to only set up one layer.

Years
I think there is a misunderstanding (possibly a typo) regarding TSpikes (rather, regarding the Badly Poisoned status). It starts at 1/16 max health and increments by 1/16 every turn. It might be worth discussing the situational use of 1 layer vs 2 layers, as badly poisoned Pokémon actually take less or equal cumulative damage for turns 1-3. If you're not fighting fat Pokémon, it is usually fine to only set up one layer.

That's my bad, I'm always forgetting that Badly Poisoned starts at a lower damage output. That being said, I'll be sure to fix that soon. I'm not going to go into the minutia of it all though since these articles are meant to just be an introduction to thing new battlers need to learn.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
Rapid Spin doesn't work anymore. :(

edit: Never mind, it was misinformation. Two new Pokemon automatically remove hazards upon switch-in though:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

5qwerty

[b][font="open sans"]WHOLLY MOLEY[/font][/b]
Years
  • Seen Mar 6, 2024
Rapid Spin doesn't work anymore. :(

edit: Never mind, it was misinformation. Two new Pokemon automatically remove hazards upon switch-in though:

Spoiler:

Wait I thought those were for screens only?

Back