• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ambition

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
When it comes to writing, what do you aim to do with it? Are you doing it just for fun, or do you hope to attain a fanbase, or go professional one day? How big a part of your dreams is writing?

Vragon2.0

Say it with me (Vray-gun)
Years
Right now, my writing is to help give me experience for doing some original works. I don't really see it becoming professional or me having a fanbase, but I do like writing things and it's fun to do put this stuff on a document and craft all this stuff.

A creative outlet I want to improve in, if you will.

Bay

Years
For the most part I do this for fun and a way to get the million ideas in my head out. Like Vragon, it's a hobby I like to improved in. While having a published book would be neat, I don't have plans to do that anytime soon.

BlueRose04

Running towards Happiness!!!
Years
I do write stories... but I can never give them a good ending! It's like I get a huge writer's block. And then I lose interest in it and start a new one. And so the cycle goes. Having at least one published novel under my name would be a dream come true though!

Miningsilver

Dungeon Explorer
Years
Like these peeps have said, I mostly write just for fun, and to get ideas from my head to something more tangible. But I tend to lose interest quickly and distract myself. I'm not procrastinating, really!

I think having my writing in the public will actually give me more motivation to actually reach an end to a story. Even one would be brilliant!

Miningsilver

Dungeon Explorer
Years
As punishment, you must write and post your next chapter a full 10 minutes earlier than you would have done before. I hope you've learned a valuable lesson. No one eats the peeps when it's not Easter except me.

Sweats
Uhh, shoot, I can't excuse that I don't have peeps here, uh, uh, crap, you got me.

I'll post when I figure how to english. I think I got this...

I think...

Years
I'm like an X-Files monster with an oddly specific diet - my true nutrition depends on the concoction and arrangement of words in accordance to an inner vision.

Basically, it's food to me. I need to write. There's a million and one stories in me that are bursting to get out, and I love the infinite variety of the art form. It doesn't hurt that it's the most entertaining thing since eating cheesecake and watching Stranger Things, but it goes deeper than fun.

Fun was the initial impetus, but I've come to understand the nature of the necessity. In between acting and music, I'm going to be an author - if only to give my imagination flesh and let some people feel good about reading it. I want to perfectly capture the different aspects of life, and that's a pretty great challenge. And the sheer thrill of writing the ideal sentence approaches euphoria.

Inexplicable fanciness aside, being a good writer is kinda for the sake of spiritual satisfaction. But I do sort of want people to be in agreement that I'm okay at it. When I'm okay at it, anyway.

FlaafyFTW

Researcher of Orange Lore
Years
It's always been something I've loved but haven't had a creative outlet to share on/to (aside from here). As said by some others, I suffer from the curse of not being a finisher - I get so many ideas and I want to get them down or I will have a story all planned out in my head but then can't seem to organise it all on paper.

Saying that, I'm actually taking the risk - I'm leaving teaching (my job) at the end of the year and going off to study a Masters in Creative Writing (and maybe with Publishing) in 2019. If only just to satisfy my own curiosity, haha.

It's always been something I said I'd pursue but this time I'm actually going to give it a shot! Wish me luck, plz and thank you

Back