• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Rate The Anime OST Above You Between 1-10

User Anon 1848

The previous thread hadn't been posted in for 4 years and I didn't want to bump it.

Let's get this one started with some Jack Atlas!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 21, 2019
Always wondered why we didn't have one of these over here!
Also I didn't expect to like that as much as I did. That is really really good. 9/10

im a sucker for sad anime songs so have a sad anime song

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
I'm going to give that track a 8.5/10, as I'm also partial to sad melodies and this really hits the right note for me. It's perfect writing music. Thanks for introducing it! However, a song needs to be on Joe Hisaishi level to get a 9/10 or 10/10 from me. :p

Speaking of sad anime songs, how about this one? It's the English vocal version of the Princess Mononoke theme song. <3

Years
I'd give the above musical piece a modest rating of about 6.5/10. I can appreciate all of the emotion expressed through this song, although it's quite reminiscent of opera, which isn't my forte. Certainly not bad though!

This has to be one of my favourite instrumental pieces from Violent Evergarden. I love this cannot express my love for this song, it just fills my heart with joy.

Last edited:
Years
6/10
It's soft and lovely, I like it. It's also quite smoothing. Although, I prefer the music itself to the singing. I feel as though the voice doesn't compliment the music.

Now, this theme is the definition of epic. It has quickly become one of my favourite openings of all time. It's so dark and sinister, yet so lively! It's a true masterpiece.

Last edited:
Years
6/10
It's soft and lovely, I like it. It's also quite smoothing. Although, I prefer the music itself to the singing. I feel as though the voice doesn't compliment the music.

Now, this theme is the definition of epic. It has quickly become one of my favourite openings of all time. It's so dark and sinister, yet so lively! It's a true masterpiece.

Your embed is broken.

Years
6/10 It's alright. The style's a little more rock and roll than I would like. It's not something bad to listen to, on the contrary it's a catchy tune. I just think a slightly darker musical arrangement might match this particular anime better, though I think I see what they were going for at least with a message of fighting on and pushing back against it all.

Let's see if we can get this game rolling again. Here's an oldie. I think it's still a goodie, but that's for the next poster to decide. Hiru no Tsuki is up.

trainer_nokachi

the trainer who wanders ~
Years
  • Age 31
  • AZ
  • Seen Dec 16, 2020
8/10

I knew it would be awesome the second it starting, and I love how the cymbal crash was immediately followed by guitar chords. Awesome OST, I'm glad I got to hear that today.

Parasyte: The Maxim
Next To You (Anime Version)

pkmin3033

8/10. Yeah, it's really nice. A bit repetitive, but it's very calming.

I'm probably going to unapologetically flood this topic with Gundam and Precure soundtrack with a little Fate sprinkled in every time I'm here. xD

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Aug 3, 2023
9/10
Ole!
Very interesting mix of vocals and instruments, very catchy as well. Reminds me of the Pillar Men theme, I wonder if it's the same composer.

I see a couple of openings in this thread, so I might as well start with my favorite opening of all time:

Years
6/10
It's fun and the chorus is nice but I probably wouldn't seek it out to listen to.

As a side note, this might be the only video of this song on yt with an image that can be shared on PC.

pkmin3033

10/10. The anime might be phenomenally mediocre, but I've always loved that OP.

I'll make an exception for the theme song of the world's best mother

pkmin3033

8/10. Suitably eerie vibe, all things considered! Looking forward to watching the new series when it finishes airing.

Years
6/10
It felt like listening to the opening musical sequence in a Disney movie. Makes me feel like there's probably some really good stuff somewhere in that franchise that this is a prelude too.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Aug 3, 2023
7/10
It's iconic for a reason, the combination of piano, percussions and strings is very soothing, but still feels like an opening and not an ending. Good, but I think I'd start skipping it on my playlist after a while.

Back