• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Error] Problem in battles: the Pokémon do moves, but these don't deal any damage and the animations don't appear.

Pikalex04

The Project Hyper creator (Discord: Pikalex04#3285
Years
Hey guys! I'm having a little problem with battles. So, when I battle with other Pokémons, and when they move, on the screen appears the usual display "Bulbasaur attacked Charmander using Tackle..." but the move doesn't deal any damage and also the animation doesn't show. Yes, I've edited my scripts, and I've checked for any differences with some vanilla ones, but I didn't see anything wrong with this part of the battle scripts.

I guess that these informations are not sufficient for helping me to solve this issue. So, can you tell me where this part (the move animation apparence and move's damage dealing) should be (on where script, and when it starts)?

Also, if you want to check the script on this determinated part, just ask it.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 22, 2023
Which version of Essentials are you using?
Do you receive a crash log?

There are many scripts that could be causing this issue. Without knowing which scripts you edited, it'll be quite difficult to find your problem.
If you wish to start looking, I'd start with the PokeBattle_Battler script.
The HP reduction method can be found by doing a CTRL + F for def pbReduceHP - compare that method to the default method to see if there is a difference.

Pikalex04

Years
Okay. I'm using Essentials v. 17.2, and no, I don't receive any crush log.
So, I'm searching for something interesting.
I'll eventually post a script.

Pikalex04

Years
Seriously, I can't find anything... And I'm comparing my script with a fresh copy of Essentials one, but nothing, I can't find anything that cause this problem...

Pikalex04

Years
Okay, so I found a wrong return false, and changed to true.
Now it gives me an error (btw, the return should be true, so it's not the problem), but I "can't translate it"...

Spoiler:

I can't understand which script causes the problem, any help? Also, if you want a script, just ask.

Anyway, I've changed PokeBattle_Battler, PokeBattle_BattlerEffects, PokeBattle_Move, PokeBattle_MoveEffects, PokeBattle_Battle, PBEffects and other scripts, but I guess that the problem/s is/are in these script.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 22, 2023
The Elite Battle System scripts may be causing your crashes.
Make a backup of your whole workspace and remove all of the Elite Battle Scripts so you can confirm that's the problem.

If the EBS script is your problem, it may be that you are using the wrong version of EBS or you may have installed it incorrectly.

Pikalex04

Years
Good news, i fixed it with exploring my script. Thank you for helping me!

Back