• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

ShinyDoug

Lastest Shiny FTW!!!
Years
Unless you follow the SHC on Serebii, you might consider this a caught secret target.

Litwick, my new friend from Celestial Tower! Appeared after 597 REs on my Black Version! Modest sync failed, and I got one of the 4 natures that LOWERS his Special Attack (Jolly) so he won't be very competitive. I'm so happy I got this shiny, my first RE. It came so fast! I just glanced down and saw the camera zooming out from an RE with a shiny Litwick! I'm getting really lucky with my hunts. 2 early shinies in 1 week! I'll hatch my Tepig eggs next. I'm sad about the nature, but a shiny's a shiny.

The site won't let me post images all of a sudden. I need 15 posts. Good luck, congrats, and Happy Hunting!

Last edited:

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Congrats on the many successful shiny hunts and kudos to those preserving for those elusive sparkles! These fabulous hunts caught my eye:

HOLY S#%@&$@#$%^%$%@#%@$^@#%@#%#^!!!!!!!!!!!!!

29699129.jpg

After 4772 soft resets... so happy :D:D:D:D:D
just lobbed the masterball I didn't use ever since I got it from prof. elm.

Sorry for horrible quality pic. It was fine before I uploaded it into my computer but it turned out like this somehow :\ but WHAT EVER, I'M DONE WITH SOUL SILVER :D

EDIT: it has hasty nature, I guess that's not so bad.
OMG CONGRATS on the epic black Rayquaza! He's my favorite shiny of the Hoenn weather trio which I should be completing. :3

How's it going fellow hunters! I just randomly encountered a shiny sewaddle in my pokemon white! my first 5th gen shiny!! I was training my Dewott in pinwheel forest using the Audino method. When i was trying to reach a shaking patch but got caught in a random encounter with a sewaddle. I almost ran away but when I looked at it closely it seemed different. So i checked online for a shiny sprite and to my surprise it was a shiny!! So happy to finally get a 5th gen shiny. I took a pictures here they are.
Congrats on Sewaddle! There's so many cool grass types in Unova... Whimsicott (duh), Lilligant, Leavanny, Sawsbuck... If I could do another run-through, I'd totally have Leavanny on my team. ^^

So I've gotten myself a shiny Cresselia on my Pearl version, after 8,179 SR's. Video:
nsfkldnskfl I always wanted a shiny Cresselia. Since she takes so long to SR, I gave up a while ago. Many congrats to your lovely shiny, though! :)

I have no dedicated hunts besides playing though White and hoping for a random shiny... /sad poster

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Years
As you probably guessed, no shinies here. (Surprise, surprise!) I think I'm going to start dual hunting again (two DSes, two games). I was dual hunting when I got my last shiny, and I just realized that it saves tons of time. I tried it yesterday, and even though I only had 3 hours to hunt, it's really 6 hours of shiny hunting! If only I had dual hunted during the 200+ hours I hunted over the past two months, "lol."

I'm focusing mostly on Mudkip and Drifloon right now. Mudkip is my top priority not because I particularly love shiny Mudkip, but because it opens up the door to Kyogre, which opens up the door to Rayquaza and Beldum, which are probably the two coolest shinies out there! My quest for all the Hoenn SRables continues!

I'm nearing my two month anniversary of my last shiny - it's only 3 days away! Hopefully that's a festival that will not be celebrated by G-Money. :)

Landorus (and ShinyDoug): Those recolors are incredible! They make the SHC much prettier. :) I love them!

pokewalker, I forgot to mention that I love your number of resets for Cresselia. That's about as close as you can get to the average! Talk about getting a shiny when you actually deserve one, "lol." You were only 13 encounters off of the average, which is incredibly close given the enormous scope. I don't think we'll see anyone get closer anytime soon, so it looks like you hold that obscure shiny hunting record for now. :)

Don't give up! That's a lot of shiny hunting but why give up when you've already done so much? I feel your pain though, I haven't had a shiny in a while and after days of hatching eggs for hours I took a break away from it. But, now I'm all ready to go again, so just keep going. Hopefully you'll get one soon!

Also good luck on Litwick! It's a cute little pokemon and a nice shiny. Hopefully you'll see some sparkles soon. :) I will also have to keep Axiom 22 in mind when hunting for something catchable next time.

Thanks! I won't give up! Shiny hunters don't quit and quitters don't shine! :D

Happy Hunting! *Gives Members Luck*

I think I just found the reason why I can't find any shinies; all the luck is being spread around to members, but not to co-owners! That's it! No wonder the regular members are the only ones getting shinies, "lol." Thanks for pointing out the source of my luck problem, ShinyDoug. :D

*hoping for someone to spread luck to a co-owner*

pokedex is almost complete on my SS: 490 caught, only 3 that I haven't caught are rayquaza, shaymin, and magikarp (the latter I'm going to get it last on purpose)

Wow, that's impressive. After shiny hunting, Pokedex work is the most fun thing to do in the game! I haven't completed a Pokedex since Blue, but it's something I've always wanted to do and have always been slowly working towards. 490 is a huge accomplishment - congrats!

Filling up the Pokedex is actually a really good way to shiny hunt. If you get one of every Pokemon, you're bound to have tons of encounters. It also diversifies which Pokemon you encounter, so you never know which one will turn out shiny! This is actually the way I got my shiny Magnemite - I was trying to fill up the Dex in Diamond, and I had transferred lots of final evolutions over from the third generation. I bred them because that's quicker than transferring first stage evolutions and then spending time on leveling them up, and so I ended up hatching at least an egg or two of most (not most, but definitely a lot) Kanto and Hoenn Pokemon. When I got the Magnemite egg so I could get Magnemite for my Dex, it came out shiny!!!

3 new shiny Girafarig

Edit: I probably get Black & White tomorrow I can't wait :)

Congrats on the Girafarig! I bet you wish you had a shiny of that Pokemon spelled backwards! :D

And do get B/W - they're a blast! I don't think I've ever had more fun playing a game before. :)

2 nidorina's so I can leave one the way it is and evolve the other into a shiny nidoqueen.

You're an awesome shiny hunter! Nice job! :O

For those who're interested, I do use an Watchog for hunting. Here is it's summary for people who don't know what the "perfect" hunting Watchog is:

(Nature doesn't matter)

(High level)

Those are the very important features:

Item: SMOKE BALL! (so you can always run)
Ability: ILLUMINATE! (raises the likelihood of meeting wild pokémon)
Attacks: HYPNOSIS! (puts the shiny asleep), SUPER FANG! (makes the hp of the shiny go to half) others doesn't matter.

It's great to have a shiny hunting Pokemon! Another perfect one is Smeargle - it can learn any move, so False Swipe/Spore/Mean Look/Recovery can be its moveset, making the chances of a catching a shiny maximized!

Congratulations!! Rayquaza is definitely the best shiny of all time. The color scheme is absolutely perfect - a menacing black dragon with bright yellow siding? It doesn't get any better than that! Awesome shiny, 2Cool4Mewtwo. You definitely deserve it.

So on White, seeing as how I already caught all the soft resettable Pokemon, I'm going to RE on Route 14. I like all the shinies there. :)

As for my SS starter hunt, I'm taking a break now, I'm at 5782 SRs. Ugh.

Wow, you should have a shiny by now! Each Johto starter reset is like three-in-one, so you actually have something like 17,346 encounters? That's insane. I really hope you get one soon! *gives luck*

SRing to get a shiny Kyurem.

Welcome to the club! Good luck on the Kyurem!

Do you have any other shinies?

Unless you follow the SHC on Serebii, you might consider this a caught secret target.

Litwick, my new friend from Celestial Tower! Appeared after 597 REs on my Black Version! Modest sync failed, and I got one of the 4 natures that LOWERS his Special Attack (Jolly) so he won't be very competitive. I'm so happy I got this shiny, my first RE. It came so fast! I just glanced down and saw the camera zooming out from an RE with a shiny Litwick! I'm getting really lucky with my hunts. 2 early shinies in 1 week! I'll hatch my Tepig eggs next. I'm sad about the nature, but a shiny's a shiny.

The site won't let me post images all of a sudden. I need 15 posts. Good luck, congrats, and Happy Hunting!

...congratulations! You have great luck right now! 597 REs? Wow, that's nice. Good job on getting an awesome shiny.

*has nearly double the Litwick encounters and nowhere close the shiny luck* :/

nsfkldnskfl

My thoughts exactly. I'm glad to see all the shiny luck the club has! We're doing great!

Have fun playing through White! I estimated the chances of getting a shiny throughout the course of the game to be around 20%, so there is some hope! Still, enjoy the game and don't worry about shinies! If you get one, "nsfkldnskfl!" If you don't, you still get to play a great game, and now you have another place to hunt!

Last edited:

AntiZero

Remember?
Years
  • Seen Jun 1, 2014
HEYHEYEY!!!
You guys, check my signature!! Didja see it?! SHINY TOTODILE!!
Haha! After 5902 SRs, I finally got it! And it was the starter I was looking for! :D That's actually 17,706 encounters. WOW.
Wow, that was an extremely tedious hunt. I can't believe it took that many SRs. That's almost 2000 more SRs than it took to get my shiny Snivy...
btw the Totodile has a Jolly nature.

Well, it was worth it. :)

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 11, 2024
OK, I'm back and now will do things properly now.

Congratulations to Antizero for his new totodile, also good nature, if its female you maybe got the big prize, unless you wanted it male, but still a really good shiny starter.

Congratulations to pokewalker for his shiny cresselia, the shiny moonlight made its appearance, in my opinion its one of the shinies that require most time to SR, along with mesprit.

Congratulations to 2cool4mewtwo for his shiny rayquaza, the black weather dragon, one of the best looking one.

Congratulations to Darktorchic for his girafarig.

Congtratulations to anyone I have missed.

Hatching section: 536... and counting.

I was not able to play for a couple of days so I'm recovering the lost time now.

Good luck everyone and happy hunting.
May all of our wishes come true.:)

Years
okay, so my shiny spiritomb quest went a LOT faster than I expected, and I mean a LOT faster.
I transferred my regular spiritomb from diamond to black, seen as I remembered getting it on diamond a long time ago. then I put my spiritomb in daycare with my japanese ditto. I was expecting it to take about 500 eggs or something before hatching a shiny, but to my suprise, on the 8th egg it hatched!! definitely was not expecting it to be that fast, especially since it took a hell of a lot more than 8 eggs to hatch my shiny growlithe. :|

the next shiny I'm going to hunt for will be:
Spoiler:

I've decided to go for the random encouner method this time, for a bit more of a challenge. I'm going to head down to unova route 9. it'll also be great if I see any of these along the way:

Spoiler:

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
Congrats on the Spiritomb, R.K 9. Also congrats to AntiZero on Totodile, and ShinyDoug on Litwick!

I finally updated the first post, thanks to Draco for making it so much of a longer process. lol

candy fennec

Ee-Vee Trainer
Years
Hello all! ^_^ I'm new here... I have a few shinies, Pachirisu, Geodude, Flareon, Charizard...and recently, Whimsicott. ^_^ First one I found when I wasn't trying... Though, funny story with Pachi. I was chaining a DIFFERENT Pokemon and a shiny Pachirisu broke my chain. o.O

My current hunt is Eevee! I'm hatching eggs, I have done this before and given up after about 90... xD But now, on my new game, I have 124 more and don't plan on giving up! I'm going to get it to have a jolly nature--it's mother does, and has an everstone, so all the little Eevees have been coming out jolly. I plan to evolve it into Leafeon. ^_^

I have a youtube channel and a Livejournal...message me if you want them, I won't spam this place with links. ^^

PinkPirate

Skitty's Girls League Owner
Years
I would love to join this club. As you can see by my siggy, I love me the shinies! I am working on a cottonee at the moment. I stopped counting eggs after 150 but I am not discouraged yet. I know it will come if I keep at it! :)

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
Years
Hey guys, congrats on all the new shinies! I paused the hatching of Charmander and Venonat since I already hatched quite a number of them and decided to go back to the Eevee I was hatching. On the 294th egg, shiny Eevee hatched! His nature is bold, so if I do decide to evolve him (I might not), I will evolve him into Vaporeon since his nature suggests it. Ahaha.

Years
After a modest 3248 soft resets, may I present...

It feels good to have finally broken my dry spell which (excluding Pokéradar) spans since last Summer when I found Ho-oh. Now I want more! My thrill for the hunt is re-ignited!

I recorded a video of the two battles, but my iphone turned it sideways and I don't want to be bothered syncing it right now.

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
Years
Wow... this might just be the weirdest weekend I've ever had... I didn't take a picture of it because I wasn't bothered to (woke up at 6, beat the game, and did all my "stuff"), but this is what happened at around 9:30 AM:

So... I transferred some of my pokemon to black (I have 2 DS's), and started looking for other 6 of the seven sages. I've found 3 so far, so I went on to chargestone cave, and on my first encounter...

597.gif
...:D

Years
I've decided to cast another hunt for a shiny, this time masuda method again. I'm still going to hunt for a shiny pawniard via wild encounter on route 9, but if I feel bored and want to put it aside for a bit, then I've decided that I'm going to try and get a shiny koffing via masuda method.
let's see which one I get first. :D

Last edited:

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Years
My gosh, would you guys mind slowing down? "lol" this is getting ridiculous! 5 shinies in less than two days? Whoo, we're on fire! Awesome shiny spree right here!

I might not have gotten a shiny (who would've guessed...), but I did get SS and W!!! I'm absolutely thrilled about this! Silver was the first video game I ever played, so it holds tons of great memories, and lots of my favorite Pokemon are Johto. Cyndaquil and Chikorita are probably my two favorite Pokemon, and now I get to SR for them!! I'll be SRing for the Unova starters too, and afterwards the monkeys. I'm not going to actually play the game until I get those 6 shinies, so it's probably going to take a long, long time. :) Let's see, 6 shinies ago was...June 2008! So it takes me a little less than three years to get six shinies. Good to know that I'll be getting Zekrom and Landorus soon. :D

And a huge congratulation to the Shiny Hunter's Club for making PokeCommunity history! We were one of the egg threads!! For Easter, there were 60 eggs hidden around PC, and you could look for them and try to get all 60. One of the eggs was hidden in the first post here, and that's a huge accomplishment for the SHC. The eggs were hidden mostly in stickies, announcements, and the most important topics. It's great to know that we're looked upon by the site as one of the most important, if not the most important, thread on the site! :D We were egg #5 of 60, and that's pretty awesome.

Congratulations to our very own Landorus for having his post blessed with Easter tidings! It's a great sign, "lol." No wonder the shinies are coming in like crazy now!

Filling up the Pokedex is actually a really good way to shiny hunt. If you get one of every Pokemon, you're bound to have tons of encounters. It also diversifies which Pokemon you encounter, so you never know which one will turn out shiny! This is actually the way I got my shiny Magnemite - I was trying to fill up the Dex in Diamond, and I had transferred lots of final evolutions over from the third generation. I bred them because that's quicker than transferring first stage evolutions and then spending time on leveling them up, and so I ended up hatching at least an egg or two of most (not most, but definitely a lot) Kanto and Hoenn Pokemon. When I got the Magnemite egg so I could get Magnemite for my Dex, it came out shiny!!!

That's cool. I actually had an experience similar to yours - I got my shiny Bibarel when trying to complete the Dex! I was going through the Great Marsh, perilously trying to catch the rare Pokemon there for the Dex, and much to my dismay, a shiny Bibarel appeared! Haha, you can bet I was scared seeing that, "lol." It's the shiny hunter land of doom! Fortunately, I was one of the few lucky ones who survived!

I also got my shiny Staravia when searching for a normal Meowth to complete the Dex, "lol." It's awesome to get shinies when you least expect it!

I estimated the chances of getting a shiny throughout the course of the game to be around 20%

I don't think that's accurate. Just because you see 1700 Pokemon or whatever in each play-through doesn't necessarily mean that you're going to get a shiny one out of five times, because that logic implies that by seeing 8192 Pokemon, you'd have a definite shiny, which isn't true at all. If you see 2000 Pokemon, do you have a one in four chance of getting a shiny? No, that just means that you have one-fourth of the encounters it takes to find a shiny on average.

I'm not 100% sure on the math there...

SHINY TOTODILE!!

Congratulations! That's awesome - I love the Johto starters. :)

You definitely deserved it after so many resets!

okay, so my shiny spiritomb quest went a LOT faster than I expected, and I mean a LOT faster.
on the 8th egg it hatched!!]

:cer_disbelief: Wow. Just wow. 8 eggs??? That's incredible!! Talk about Easter luck, "lol." That Buneary sure brought us a lot of shinies this year!

Hello all! ^_^ I'm new here... I have a few shinies, Pachirisu, Geodude, Flareon, Charizard...and recently, Whimsicott. ^_^ First one I found when I wasn't trying... Though, funny story with Pachi. I was chaining a DIFFERENT Pokemon and a shiny Pachirisu broke my chain. o.O

My current hunt is Eevee! I'm hatching eggs, I have done this before and given up after about 90... xD But now, on my new game, I have 124 more and don't plan on giving up! I'm going to get it to have a jolly nature--it's mother does, and has an everstone, so all the little Eevees have been coming out jolly. I plan to evolve it into Leafeon. ^_^

I have a youtube channel and a Livejournal...message me if you want them, I won't spam this place with links. ^^

Welcome to the SHC! We're glad to have you join! You have an awesome shiny collection! *stares at shiny Charizard*

I would love to join this club. As you can see by my siggy, I love me the shinies! I am working on a cottonee at the moment. I stopped counting eggs after 150 but I am not discouraged yet. I know it will come if I keep at it! :)

Welcome to the club, Masuda Master! It looks like you're not too too bad at getting shinies - it looks like you have a couple here or there. :D "lol" that's incredible!! You might just have the record for most shinies by a new member!

How did you get your shiny Manaphy?? I've always wanted one, but I heard that you need to restart your game, trade it, see if it's shiny, restart your game again, etc.

Your shiny beasts are the event ones, right? *checking for Dex purposes*

Hey guys, congrats on all the new shinies! I paused the hatching of Charmander and Venonat since I already hatched quite a number of them and decided to go back to the Eevee I was hatching. On the 294th egg, shiny Eevee hatched! His nature is bold, so if I do decide to evolve him (I might not), I will evolve him into Vaporeon since his nature suggests it. Ahaha.

Congratulations! 294 eggs? The SHC is finding shinies left and right! Eevee's an awesome shiny to have, since you get to pick from 8 shiny options. :) Vaporeon is a good choice!

After a modest 3248 soft resets, may I present...

It feels good to have finally broken my dry spell which (excluding Pokéradar) spans since last Summer when I found Ho-oh. Now I want more! My thrill for the hunt is re-ignited!

Congratulations! You've got yourself an awesome shiny right there. :) I hear the resets take a ton of time now, so that makes the shiny all the more impressive!

Now I'm probably the candidate for longest dry spell, "lol."

Wow... this might just be the weirdest weekend I've ever had... I didn't take a picture of it because I wasn't bothered to (woke up at 6, beat the game, and did all my "stuff"), but this is what happened at around 9:30 AM:

So... I transferred some of my pokemon to black (I have 2 DS's), and started looking for other 6 of the seven sages. I've found 3 so far, so I went on to chargestone cave, and on my first encounter...

597.gif
...:D

Alright, this is getting ridiculous now. I think someone in delivery mishandled our requests, because I ordered a batch of luck last month, and it still hasn't arrived. Someone probably sent you my luck by accident...

:D Seriously though, congratulations! It's awesome to get two shinies in one week! (I have two this year, "lol.") Both of your recent shinies qualify for the circuit - Rayquaza counts for the legendary leg and Ferroseed qualifies for the uniquely typed shiny. Congrats on being first place in the circuit! So far... *my diabolical laughter is somewhat less threatening than usual because everyone else has a lot of catching up to do*

Good luck on your hunts, everyone! Like you really need it,though...

Last edited:

PinkPirate

Skitty's Girls League Owner
Years
Yes the dogs are the events. I cant take credit for those. Also the manaphy is actually my husband's but I stole it. he spent almost three months restarting his game.

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 11, 2024
hi everyone, nothing new for now; just updating my progress.

Hatching section: 647 eggs and counting.
really slow in my opinion but I'm doing my best with the little time I have.

See you and happy hunting.

candy fennec

Ee-Vee Trainer
Years
Egg number 365 was a shiny Eevee!!!
I think that's pretty early, right? O_O
I've heard much earlier, like...8, or 46... but still ! Holy crap shiny Leafie <3

Congrats to those of you who have found their shinies,
And good luck to those who are still hunting!!

pokewalker

If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
Years
AND I GOT A SHINY FRILLISH YESTERDAY! :D

...Whilst EV training my Great Egg Swap baltoy. :D It has Sassy nature, and sadly, Water Absorb as ability instead of Cursed Body which I would've preferred. And it's IVs also suck:
3-8/14-19/0-6/8-13/12-17/8-13
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-

Well, a shiny is a shiny, I guess... :\
Atleast it's a pretty awesome shiny! :D And luckily it's female, since that shiny is WAY more awesome than it's male form. :D
Basically it appeared after 5 encounters, because on the 5th encounter (like I said I was EVing a Baltoy) it appeared. So actually it's a RE shiny, but for me, it's a TR shiny cuz those are more special (and rare!!!!!)

Pics coming later today, and a video too, when I find my memory card >.< Although those are the sprites:
frillish-f.png
jellicent-f.png

a996ca185bd9c38710c08568770a364c_54923.jpg
Look at my albums in PC for more pics.

Last edited:

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
Been doing some Quad sring at the minute :)

Been SRing for Zapdos on Firered and SoulSilver
Spiritomb on diamond
and a shiny tepig on White.
Black is gathering dust right now till the new game when I hope DC in an online match has consequences I still EV train every now and then bt I have loads of RNG IV pokemon that are pointless when everyone DCs.

Back