• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Ok, I have pokemon white and pokemon pearl, I want to use the transfer machine to transfer all the pokes from pearl to white, but after it some what, almost completes the download it tells me to turn off the ds and put in a compatible game, what would cause this message?? Any help greatly needed and appreciated!!
Thanks

Is there any chance the the pearl is fake? That's the only thing I can think of unless you don't have enough Pokémon to transfer across.

Years
  • Seen Mar 12, 2012
Why is my Black Version so glitchy?

I just entered a wild battle with a level 1 Zorua that I hatched from an egg.

It's showing me a level 1 Archen which I do not have, but it still says "What will Zorua do?" and has Zorua's HP of 11. :/

Moltres Rider

Banned
Years
are the C-gear Skins interchangeable between both game??? I have both Pokémon Black and Pokémon White registered on my Dream World account... can I have the same C-gear skin in both (I earned it in Pokémon White, Can I use it in Pokémon Black)???

What??? Is my question dead to you guys???!!! you guys go on without ANY courtesy to answer my question and are already on the next page!!! I feel that the only way my question will be answered now is to post it again!!!

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
Years
Is there any chance the the pearl is fake? That's the only thing I can think of unless you don't have enough Pokémon to transfer across.

No my pearl is not a fake, I bought it myself new from GS and I have transferred before between the 2 gens. and don't understand what the problem could be now with them?

vaporeon7

Years
I just entered a wild battle with a level 1 Zorua that I hatched from an egg.

It's showing me a level 1 Archen which I do not have, but it still says "What will Zorua do?" and has Zorua's HP of 11. :/

Zorua's ability is Illusion, which when sent out in battle, makes it appear as the Pokémon that is last in your party.
More information about Illusion can be found here.

Moltres Rider

Banned
Years
I may be wrong, but c-gear skins expire (that I know is true) so if you have one that is expired you can't use it in the other game now!! I got the answer from a link and if you would like it, just pm me please!! :)
I have NEVER heard of C-gear skins expiring!!! nor ever had that happen!!! I earned the Reshiram C-Gear Skin in Pokémon White, I would like it in Black instead... but you get the Zekrom mystery gift in Black so I am unsure if I can use it in Black... does anybody know???

vaporeon7

Years
I have NEVER heard of C-gear skins expiring!!! nor ever had that happen!!! I earned the Reshiram C-Gear Skin in Pokémon White, I would like it in Black instead... but you get the Zekrom mystery gift in Black so I am unsure if I can use it in Black... does anybody know???

Calm down, they don't expire. You CANNOT exchange c-gear skins between games. Those Reshiram and Zekrom ones were version exclusives.

Wasteland

I'm nobody
Years

Also, remember, just because something never happened before or is unheard of it doesn't mean it's not possible

Years
A quick tip, you don't need to use a Master Ball. It has the same catch rate as an Onix or Beedrill.

ok, used quick ball, soft reseted and worked
got my Timid Reshiram

hope somebody will find this conversation on google :D

but the method is:
save before Reshiram/Zekrom encounter
catch it and transfer to a box!
lose to N (just keep throwing random pokéballs)
you willl be teleported to a PC
check Reshiram/Zekrom nature:
1. its ok, go battle N...
2. not ok, reset and repeat till its ok :D

go for the best Zekrom/Reshiram nature!
have fun

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
Years
Ok, I have pokemon white and pokemon pearl, I want to use the transfer machine to transfer all the pokes from pearl to white, but after it some what, almost completes the download it tells me to turn off the ds and put in a compatible game, what would cause this message?? Any help greatly needed and appreciated!!
Thanks

No my pearl is not a fake, I bought it myself new from GS and I have transferred before between the 2 gens. and don't understand what the problem could be now with them?

Just a little bump for myself to try and get an answer for this?
Thanks

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Just a little bump for myself to try and get an answer for this?
Thanks

Check your Pokemon on Pearl. You need to have at least 6 in the PC, they cannot have HMs and cannot be holding Items. If they are, then it won't allow you to transfer.

If that isn't the issue then it is your game, either White or Pearl.

Just to make sure, You are using two different DS's correct?

You are sending the signal with one DS and receiving with the other through Download and Play Correct?

The Game is properly inserted Correct? (appears in the game selection part.)

You are able to choose which Pokemon you are transferring from one of the DS's correct? (Can't remember which selects and which plays the game)

I know juvenile questions, but I can't answer the question completely with out knowing everything.

Moltres Rider

Banned
Years
I have another question... it is about trades...

I have never done trade on a DS game... is it possible to request a trade with a friend that isn't currently on the internet at the exact same time?? where they will accept the trade when they get on wifi... I need to transfer a Pokémon from Pokémon White to Pokémon Black but only have 1 DS... is it possible???

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
Years
Check your Pokemon on Pearl. You need to have at least 6 in the PC, they cannot have HMs and cannot be holding Items. If they are, then it won't allow you to transfer. All of my boxes are full on my pearl game

If that isn't the issue then it is your game, either White or Pearl. I have done a transfer before, between pearl and white, just not the 2 I am trying now

Just to make sure, You are using two different DS's correct? 2 different ds's, but 1 is a dsi, will that make it an issue?

You are sending the signal with one DS and receiving with the other through Download and Play Correct? It goes through almost til the end and then tells me "no compatible game inserted" that's right before the selection on the pearl game should begin!!

The Game is properly inserted Correct? (appears in the game selection part.) I don't get that option, it goes right to the game, I do not have to touch the screen to begin the game Fixed this problem

You are able to choose which Pokemon you are transferring from one of the DS's correct? (Can't remember which selects and which plays the game)
Doesn't let me get that far

I know juvenile questions, but I can't answer the question completely with out knowing everything.

My answers are in your quote, hope it helps and makes enough sense??

EDIT: Fixed the thing where it went right to the game instead of the start up menu, so now it is letting me transfer!! Thanks XanderO, with out that question, I probally wouldn't have gotten it fixed!! :)

Last edited:

Moltres Rider

Banned
Years
it won't let me complete the trade!!! I am getting the following error message during trade!!! "This Pokémon Has A Special Ribbon. I cannot be offered in a trade"!!! WTF is a ribbon and how do it get the trade to work???

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
Years
it won't let me complete the trade!!! I am getting the following error message during trade!!! "This Pokémon Has A Special Ribbon. I cannot be offered in a trade"!!! WTF is a ribbon and how do it get the trade to work???
You are not allowed to trade pokes with the classic ribbon and there is no way to get rid of the ribbon either.

ceremony

rah rah
Years
I'm the type who usually makes a team up of pokes from the current generation, and with the ones I like most. However, my team is not a good Battle Subway team. Can anyone tell me a team that worked well for them? Natures/movesets?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
That is stupid!!! Now I cannot trade the event Reshiram to Black so I can get the Reshiram C-Gear on there too!!! why did they HAVE to put a ribbon on the event Reshiram???

You can't get the Reshiram C-Gear skin on Black, its White only as far as I've seen. And you only cannot GTS Classic Ribbons, you can do a normal trade if you IR Trade or have your friend's Friend Code and active trade.

All Events come with the Classic Ribbon. Its to prevent the cloning trick and mass producing Pokemon with not so legal move sets that upset the game.

Only ones I can remember without are those that got Normal Egg Moves as bonuses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back