• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Which version would you choose?

Which one?

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Jan 29, 2013
I have Black and wished I'd bought White... so I might get White 2... I'm really not sure at this point, though.

Tripred

Beginner Graphic Artist
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Oct 28, 2012
I'm probably going to get White 2 because I have White right now, I was thinking about switching them but it looks like they switched the mascots. (The Zekrom-Kyurem is in Black 2 and the Reshiram-Kyurem is in White 2)

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years
Side note: I love how the poll suggests that W2 is better than B2 even though the OP goes for B2.

I'm having a hard time deciding which one to pick. I'm a sucker for Black and Blue (hence why I'm using the Nimbasa's shining beauty theme), but so far I'm leaning towards White 2. Not only do I like the Kyurem version more, I also prefer Delcatty over Lopunny. The magma cave seems pretty neat and not quite as "standard" compared to most Pokémon caves (which usually have water somewhere).

Years
I'll get both games but my main game will be Black, I just really love Reshiram's design and I look forward to Black Kyurem more than the white one

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
Years
I know I'm the only one, but I'm not really too compelled to buy either of these games. Part of it is that I don't really have high hopes for them, considering I already didn't like B/W too much, part of it is that I don't like the laziness of the "formes", part of it is that the male protagonist looks like a crossdresser, and part of it is that none of the new features look all that good.

Plasmette

Master of Mediocrity.
Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2013
Ill check which one has better version exclusives, then Ill buy. Since I have a 3ds, I can catch the Pokemon you can use with the camera thing.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 24, 2012
I'm going with White 2 just because of White Kyurem. The thing that's sad is that the buneary and magby lines are exclusive to Black 2.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
I will most likely pick up both versions like always. I will probably play White 2 first since I favor the White Kyurem.

Ben Purse

Eager Trainer
Years
White 2 because I got Black last time. Good to switch up since you don`t get the chance to usually without playing the same game pretty much.

Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2012
i'd choose black 2 but im also getting white 2.
they are probably making version exclusives and legendaries to catch, i love battling with my friends.

Years
I'm not really sure which version I'll buy yet. When Black and White came out, I bought Pokemon Black. I don't know if I want to buy Black 2 for continuity purposes or if I want to buy White 2 just because I have Black. I guess once I find out the version Pokemon and other version differences, I'll make my decision.

Years
Well, I prefer Reshiram over Zekrom so I'd naturally get B2 over W2. However, I already have Black so, assuming I only want one version, I'd actually get W2 because I already have a copy of Black and getting B2 seems a bit redundant to me. Of course, I'm actually gonna get both so... XD

Crescend

Breeder
Years
I have white, so I figure I'd get better coverage overall by going for black 2. I'm not really interested in the story anyways, so I don't mind if its a little inconsistent from what I'd previously experienced. I'm not hardcore enough to buy both versions, I've ever only bought one of each. I don't even have any of the remade FR/LF or SS/HG either.

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2014
I will take White 2, but later B2, too.
I like W2 more because of the lava dungeon and white forest...

Back