• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help with Alolan Rattata evolution method

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen May 2, 2020
Alright, so I went into the script section Pokemon_Forms and added this code to the bottom of the script:
Code:
MultipleForms.register(:RATTATA,{
"getFormOnCreation"=>proc{|pokemon|
   if pokemon.form==1 && PBDayNight.isNight?
     next 1
   else
     next 0
   end
}
})
Problem is that Alolan Rattata will evolve into Alolan Raticate even though it's day time.
After some testing I found out that when a Pokémon evolves it retains it's form number. So in this case form 1 Rattata keeps evolving into form 1 Raticate because they are both the same form number.

So then I tried this code:
Code:
MultipleForms.register(:RATTATA,{
"getFormOnCreation"=>proc{|pokemon|
   if pokemon.form==1
     next 0
   else
     next 0
   end
}
})
This was essentially meant to make form 1 Rattata evolve into form 0 Raticate no matter the condition but it didn't work and Raticate was still form 1.

So I've basically concluded that in some script somewhere there's a code that automatically makes a Pokémon retain it's form number on evolution.

I've tested all this in a stock version of Pokémon Essentials v17.2 and I got the same results. Thanks in advanced.

Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Jan 21, 2024
Defining the data for a different form (e.g. Alolan variants) is done in the pokemonforms.txt file using only the data that is different from the standard such as stats, type(s), etc.

To make Alolan Rattata (form 1) properly evolve into Alolan Raticate, include this line in the data for Form 1:
Code:
Evolutions=RATICATE,LevelNight,20

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 2, 2022
I have a problem, even changing the pokemonformtxt, the pokemon of alola does not evolve to the new method, only by the original method.

Back