• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Map✓] Viridian Old Man

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 10, 2022
I want to fix this problem:
giphy.gif

The Viridian Old Man was duplicated after repointing the events of Viridian to add 1 more signpost, it's not doubled in AdvanceMap, and it's script isn't modified, it's only in-game.

Last edited by a moderator:

Blah

Free supporter
Years
Umm, I don't know how to tell you this, but viridian city has two old men. Notice how they both have different scripts.

Uncommon

Oozma Kappa
Years
The Viridian Old Man was duplicated after repointing the events of Viridian to add 1 more signpost, it's not doubled in AdvanceMap, and it's script isn't modified, it's only in-game.

Pretty sure that old man is added (or at least affected) by the map's level script. Take a look at the movesprite2 and spritebehave calls in the level script for Viridian City.

Years
  • Age 27
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
They're different events. The Teachy TV old man probably isn't showing up for you in Advance Map because it seems to have an issue drawing him using the 'laying down' overworld. Try clicking around where he lays down in-game and you'll be able to select the event.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 10, 2022
Pretty sure that old man is added (or at least affected) by the map's level script. Take a look at the movesprite2 and spritebehave calls in the level script for Viridian City.

I've checked the level sprites of my rom and an unmodified rom, looks the same.

They're different events. The Teachy TV old man probably isn't showing up for you in Advance Map because it seems to have an issue drawing him using the 'laying down' overworld. Try clicking around where he lays down in-game and you'll be able to select the event.

I've selected it, but I don't have any idea how to fix it.

I've selected it, but I don't have any idea how to fix it.

I've checked the level sprites of my rom and an unmodified rom, looks the same.

Umm, I don't know how to tell you this, but viridian city has two old men. Notice how they both have different scripts.

lol, I think I should have played again before hacking, it's my fault, sorry for bothering you, and sorry for making this stupid thread. xD (I've only played 10 years ago. ^^)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back