• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] Kanto: Back to Basics (M)

Years
Pallet Town
Ahh, Pallet Town. Whether you've been here for a decade or even just a day, you have to admit that it's the most peaceful place you've ever stepped foot on. There's just something about this small town in the south of Kanto that just makes you stop for a minute. This town has grown somewhat in recent years after the successes of famous trainers, having earned the nickname the "Home of Legends". Even though it has grown, it maintains its rustic, grassy appearance with modern touches.

A quick glance around shows the modern changes, such as the Pokemon Center finally opening a branch on the quaint little town. It's not regularly visited, however, so the Nurse Joy there is still quite lax and might need some extra nudging. There is also a small Pokemart in the making where you can buy items in the future.

Small miscellaneous shops have also opened up in the past few years, ones that make good use of the grassy plains that Pallet Town offers, such as flower and honey shops. While not as famous as their Sinnoh counterparts, they can hold their own regional-wise.

Up the hill is still the laboratory, now upgraded from investors to become the Oak Research Laboratories, where some of the major scientific breakthroughs have been discovered. The main building has tripled in size, and a nursery is built next to it to protect and keep rare Pokemon that trainers have brought to them.

Down the south is the beach, the sea stretching as far as the eyes can see. It's not recommended for trainers to go farther than the town limits, as it is home to dangerous water type Pokemon.

And finally, to the north is Route 1, where your journey officially begins.
pidgey.png
magikarp.png
poliwag.png
shellder.png
combee.png
wurmple.png
Missions

Spoiler:

Route 1
For your starting route, it's surprisingly rugged. It moves north from Pallet Town in a zigzag-like inclined formation, each path separated by ledges and bordered by woodlands. Thick patches of tall grass spring up periodically and although the road through the route has been improved dramatically in recent years from Pallet Town's attempt in road modernization, it's already showing signs of wear.

Aside from the many ledges, you can easily see beginning trainers from start to finish, challenging anyone that they meet eye to eye. Don't be surprised if you suddenly get tackled by the nearest trainer, asking for a battle.

Thankfully, it's only a relatively short walk to Viridian City.
spinarak.png
lillipup.png
rattata.png
ledyba.png
wurmple.png
combee.png
bidoof.png
starly.png
shroomish.png
kricketot.png
hoothoot.png
burmy.png
patrat.png
poochyena.png
Missions

Spoiler:

GM notes
Please be sure to claim the missions in the OOC thread to let everyone know what you're going to do. Collaboration on missions is possible and encouraged, but be sure to talk with the other person about it regularly so whatever method you use (be it JPs or separate posts) you are in the loop of what's going on. You can also create your own missions with your own rewards, as long as these rewards are fair (run them by me if you're not sure).

Some of the rewards are kinda jokes (or maybe they aren't :thonk:) and the missions can be really vague.
They're mostly just prompts, so have fun with it!

Last edited:

Kung Fu Ferret

The Unbound
Years
Eric had just gotten his Pokedex and Pokemon License, among other things including a map of Kanto, some money, and some PokeBalls, from the legendary Professor Oak. Eric decided to get to know his partner, Sandile a little better, since they've only been acquainted for a few days. He decided to let Sandile play on the beach, keeping a close eye on the little guy.

"Alright, Sandile. I'll let you play around for a bit. Just don't go too far ahead of me, okay?" Eric said to his crocodilian comrade, shortly after letting it out of its Pokeball.

Sandile muttered a cry of joy and agreement. However, Sandile was so excited to play around in sand that he immediately darted off towards the coast, attempting to make a sand sculpture of some sort.

Eric kept a watchful eye on his new friend, as it made a mound of sand with its little claws, and decided to demolish it, much like a Tyrantrum destroying a bathroom stall to get the tasty lawyer inside. The sand went everywhere, hitting a nearby tide pool, causing a wild Poliwag to attack the desert croc.

Eric rushed over as fast as he could. "Sandile, be careful! I'm on my way!"

As soon as Eric got over, the Poliwag decided to slap Sandile's face with its tadpole-like tail twice.

Sandile winced in pain, and Eric quickly thought of a battle strategy.

"Sandile, use Mud Slap!" Eric shouted, and Sandile kicked some wet sand towards the angry Poliwag, lowering its accuracy but making it angrier.

Poliwag tried to blast at Sandile with five bubbles, but only one hit the little crocodile, grazing its side. Sandile was now a bit angry, and bit at Poliwag without Eric telling it to.

"Calm down, Sandile!" Eric pleaded.

Eric readied a PokeBall to catch Poliwag.

Eric tossed it towards the blue tadpole, and it went inside.

Sandile removed its grip from Poliwag shortly beforehand.

1, 2, 3 *click* Eric caught Poliwag!

Eric picked up his new ally's PokeBall, and said "Don't worry, you're in good hands. We'll get you and Sandile to the Pokemon Center soon enough." Eric then called Sandile back into its PokeBall, and walked towards the Pokemon Center.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Kairi Tadokoro - Route 1
k2laTjH.jpg

Pokemon:
Spoiler:

'It can take your friends.
It can take your family.
Strip you loose of all your memories.
But if it's your fate.
Every step forward will always be a path to healing.'

Kairi finished writing down those words on her notebook as she sat under a tree, listening to the foreign seas of the Kanto Region. Kairi is a 17 year old girl from the Kalos Region. She was toned and tan from spending time climbing cliffs and tree with her cousin, which she admired greatly. When they were younger, her cousin's parents were killed in an accident in the mountains and Kairi's father took him in. It took some time, but they finally got used to one another and became best cousins.

Kairi had always been fond of the sea, mainly due to her name meaning 'sea' in Kantonian. However, water pokemon weren't her favorite type. That love went to Flying type pokemon. This was due to her father being a Pilot and traveling around the world. A few times in the past, she had went on trips with him to give her breaks from traveling around the Kalos Region with her mother before her cousin had moved in. She had sometimes wondered why her name was Kantonian and note Kalosian, but Sora, her cousin, was the same way. She never questioned it, but when she saw the seas, that question would always return.

Kairi shut her notebook, reluctantly returning it to her bag, fixing her round glasses. She loved writing, a passion that had surfaced one day out of the blue. Even though she loves the seas and flying types, her real passion was writing. She made a promise with her cousin to become Sky Battlers, but she wasn't sure that it was in her heart to tell him that she didn't want to do it anymore. Her current story she wrote is about a boy dealing many problems. In fact, the story had been inspired by her cousin's life. Even though he had healed some, he hadn't fully healed. She hoped one day to give him to story to help him completely heal. She knew that if she became a writer, it could impact a reader heavily, even heal them, and in rare occasions, save them. Even though Sora wouldn't admit it, she was sure that she had saved him. It felt good, the idea of saving people through writing, felt even better.

Kairi stood from where she sat, taking a drink from her canteen. She made a disgusted face as she tasted the water, "Definitely not from the springs in Couriway Town. I need to tell Dad to send me some when I get a chance." Kairi spoke to herself.

She was currently near the northern outskirts of Pallet Town. She had received her necessities as a trainer, such as her ID, earlier that morning from Prof. Oak's lab. She had received her Pokedex before she had come to Kanto when she received her pokemon, which was a Rowlet. Her pokedex was ocean blue with bubbles and waves, while the top part of the dex was the colors of a sunset. She also had a holocaster her father had given her.

She stretched, "Well, I guess it's time to get going. The Kanto Region isn't going to explore itself."

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
BlueStar_20px.gif
Aberdeen - Pallet Town
152MS.png

It had been over an hour since the lab visit, and Aberdeen still couldn't stop gushing over how adorable his starter was. The Chikorita, in turn, seemed to soak up the love and attention like a sponge and radiate it back in full feedback loop through happy noises and smiles.

"Look at her!" he squealed for what must be the fifteenth time, raising her up in his hands and being met with a squiggly banana laugh in response. "I'm going on a pokémon journey, and she is my partner! How am I ever going to handle sending her into a battle?"

The other pokémon walking next to him on the street gave each other a look, before the Wigglytuff rolled its eyes. This was going to be a tiresome trek, wasn't it?

"Maybe I should have brought more potions. I have some herbs from Dad, but they taste so bad..." the boy mused as he finally put the green pokémo back on the ground, where it immediately went to greet the accompanying Sunflora again. Sunflora, always with a kind appearance, met it with a wide smile.

Wigglytuff, however, suddenly jumped into attention. Its ears pointed at some movement about ten meters away. Aberdeen followed its stare, and found the commotion.

"Sir Wiggs, relax!" he laughed. "It's just the Poliwag Pond. Don't you know the Poliwag usually play around there? My classmate swears he even saw a Magikarp there once."

Wiggs narrowed its eyes, not convinced. Those Poliwag splashed around like they had no care in the world. In the middle of the day, in the middle of the town. Totally irresponsible. Just then, one of them seemed to get annoyed with the attention. On its small wobbly legs, it jumped up from the pond and marched up closer to the party on the street.

"Uh-oh," Aberdeen said. "Does it want to battle?"

The Poliwag stuck out its tongue and blew raspberries at the Wigglytuff. The other water pokémon laughed in amusement. Aberdeen and Chikorita also couldn't help but giggle.

Sir Wiggs did not find that amusing. At all. It suddenly seemed to grow to twice the size, inflated from sheer rage, and took a heavy step towards the Poliwag Pond.

"Wiggs, no! It's okay, don't mind them! They're just trying to have some fun," Aberdeen said and tried to sound serious, but a giggle or two slipped through mid-sentence.

The daring Poliwag didn't seem scared though. It sneered, before using Bubble. Sir Wiggs merely stormed through the bubble swarm though, and used Disable on the wild pokémon. As it tried to blow out more Bubbles, it seemed like it wasn't working. Now it was Wigglytuff's turn to sneer.

"Stop!" Aberdeen called out. Wiggs reluctantly turned around and gave him a skeptical look. His mother's pokémon never quite obeyed him, but... "I know you want what's best for me. Right now, what's best for me is to get experience as a trainer. So please, let me and Chikorita battle this Poliwag!"

Wiggs looked from the boy to the tadpole to the banana girl. It seemed mighty unconvinced. Aberdeen walked up to it and leaned down.

"You can step in if something goes badly," he whispered reassuringly.

Still a bit reluctant, but at least deflating back to normal size, the Wigglytuff finally backed off back to the street, to stand next to Sunflora.

The battlefield was set. Aberdeen and Chikorita stood on the grass, facing the lone Poliwag (although its entourage were not far behind it in the pond). Their first real battle. Chikorita didn't seem nervous, perhaps because Aberdeen really wasn't. He only wanted to throw himself into it already.

"Chikorita, use Razor Leaf!"

His pokémon responded quickly, throwing out her sharp, spinning leaf projectiles towards the foe. Poliwag started to counter-attack... But it had forgotten that Wigglytuff had disabled its Bubble move earlier! Oops. The Razor Leaf hit right on the mark, and made the Poliwag groan in pain, and the wild pokémon in the pond gasp.

"Oh, that's kind of unfair, isn't it..." Deen realized. "It hasn't got an attack move."

Wrong. Poliwag recovered swiftly, and shot out an unexpected Water Gun instead. It hit Chikorita straight on, sending her flying back past Deen.

"Wow, that's strong! Alright then, more fair! Chikorita... Are you alright?"

She got up without trouble, even looking refreshed at the attack rather than harmed. Watering plants wasn't really a great devastating move. However, Poliwag was already coming up and close, despite its small legs. It started slapping Chikorita around with its tail, encouraged by the cheer from its pond pals.

"Don't let him just slap you around!" Deen called out. "Tackle!"

Chikorita was a bit overwhelmed by the sudden onslaught, but managed to pull herself together and listen to her trainer. In between slaps, she counter-attacked and Tackled Poliwag to the ground.

"Now, send it flying with Vine Whip!" Deen hoped, too late, that Chikorita would understand what he meant by that. On TV, he had seen many cool tricks pokémon with Vine Whip could do, but he and his starter hadn't practiced anything yet.

She didn't bind him and lift him up, but rather just lashed out hard enough to actually send Poliwag flying. Aberdeen had to say that was impressive still. They'd work on the fine mechanics later.

"Finish him with another Razor Leaf!"

Chikorita obeyed, and Poliwag was too weak to remember to try and resist. It struck head on. No problem, they'd work on the fine defense strategies later, Deen thought. Once he had caught it.

He only saw the beaten Poliwag on the ground now, and only felt the empty pokéball in his hand. He knew he didn't have to throw it with an exact hit, as pokéball were mysteriously made to be drawn to the specific energy that pokémon were made up of. Without hesitation, he threw the ball, saw it hit its target and open up, watched as the then-wild pokémon transformed into an energy form and got sucked into the ball, and heard the immensely satisfying click that signified that the capture was complete.

"Hurraaaaah!" he cheered after a couple of silent seconds, when the realization finally kicked in. "I caught a pokémon!"

Chikorita and Sunflora cheered with him, and Sir Wiggs at least didn't look angry anymore. But the wild Poliwag in the pond...

"Uh-oh... Let's get out of here!" Deen realized, and the group hurried along on the street before the wobbly legs of the other Poliwag could catch up to them.

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Somewhere in the vast region of Kanto, there laid a peaceful yet extraordinary scope of land that is as picture perfect and filled with endless possibilities like an artists' pallet - Pallet Town. Pallet Town, also known as the "Home of Legends", being the birthplace of many powerful trainers who became the stuff of legends among even the most Elite trainers. It is also the ideal place of beginner trainers to start off their journey. But for 18 year old Amelia Rose, it's also the start of her own legend...

DETECTIVE AMELIA IN:
THE JEWEL OF ARIES
PART 1

"Oh? You're a new trainer, I take it?" A nurse at the recently built Pokemon Center in Pallet Town was lax, but still warmhearted towards trainers and their Pokemon who came in. Amelia was there, making sure her own Pokemon was in tip-top shape before heading out towards the first Route. "Well, be sure to frequently visit the local Pokemon Centers in the area to keep your Pokemon healthy! You'll be greeted by the Nurses who work there, just like myself!"

"Duly noted, my good woman!" Amelia Rose, newly budded trainer, replied. "All my other essentials have been properly researched and picked up as well, so there is no need to worry, lovely miss."

"That's good to hear!" The Nurse replied with a smile. "By the way, you don't have to be so formal with me! My name is Althea Leigh. But, most of everyone just calls me, Nurse Joy."​

Althea Leigh aka. Nurse Joy - 27 Years Old
Nurse / Researcher

"Times have definitely become more convenient. Years ago, there wasn't much of anything here, not even a Pokemon Center. Now that one is built here, it's quite fitting that you're up at the helm! Nurse Joy is quite an appropriate nickname as well!" Amelia announced with glee. "Healing goddesses that heal even the darkest and foulest of demons that cover our physical prospects, even our souls... that is our own Nurse Joy. Top Notch, my fair maiden!"

"Oh, I don't know about that," Joy replied with a small chuckle. "When I was a child, I was always helping out my parents,who spent all their time healing and caring other trainers' Pokemon as well. I always loved watching them do it, so, I made a concrete effort to study all about Pokemon care! And so, here I am, today! It's just to show you, don't let your dreams... just be dreams!"

"Fond advice Nurse Joy," Amelia complimented. "Dreams I do have, but as everything worth achieving, one needs hard work and determination. One that I do have as a trainer, and as a noble yet wise--"

"Athlea? Hey!" suddenly called out a voice from the center's entrance. He seemed to be a man in his late-thirties; he wore an attire that resembled someone going upon an exhibition; with khaki shorts and a beige shirt with a darker beige vest over them, complimented with boots and finger-less gloves. He greeted Nurse Joy with a wide smile. "We're finally ready for our expedition-- Oh! Pardon me! Sorry if I was intruding!" He noticed Amelia. Amelia simply bowed in introduction.

"Its no trouble at all," Nurse Joy replied with a wide grin. "I'll be ready in juuust a minute!"

"Ready?" Amelia asked. "The mind grows curious. Pray tell, what are you getting ready for, my good Nurse?"

"Ah, have you heard about the structure that was discovered on Route One?" the man asked. "It's an unexplored peace of land, really... But, the Exploration Guild is going to find out what!"

"The Exploration Guild?" Amelia pondered. "Is that not a famous guild, who research underground Ruins and lost secrets? I've heard about you bunch on the news!"

"Aha, yes, that's us!" The man replied with pride. "The Kanto Exploration Guild! And I'm Ken Asyama, one of the proud founders for it!"​

Ken Asyama - 31 Years Old
Researcher

"And I'm one of its members as well," Nurse Joy replied. "I actually took an interest in research while I was studying Pokemon medicine and health. It's quite fascinating, exploring the unknown and mysterious!"

"I see," said Amelia. "And so, this place in the middle of Route One is your destination, then?"

Ken nodded. "We were actually researching that locations for months," he said, as he pulled out a small book -- his journal that was scribbled with some notes. "Certain wild Pokemon gather towards it -- but the most interesting thing, is how psychic and dark type Pokemon seemingly become.. energized by just going near it. It's almost as if, the place is infused with a strange bit of energy. But to this day, no one knows why. So, we've decided to explore the place ourselves, personally."

"I'm ready to go, Ken!" Nurse Joy explained, wearing a small bag on her back. "Oh, don't worry about the Pokemon Center. I have a partner who's actually supposed to be showing up any minute now, so she'll cover for me."

"Alright!" Ken replied, putting away his small notebook. He glanced over at his right wrist -- he had a Pokétch... a strange looking one at that; it was yellow with some shades of brown on it. "The others should be at the destination now too. Let's be on our way!"

The duo started to leave... only to be interrupted. "Excuse me!" it was Amelia, calling back to them, as the two glanced back to her. "I don't mean to intrude, but you're forgetting the most important thing!" The Nurse and Ken both exchanged glances, unsure of what she meant. Amelia gave them both a confident look. "From the east, to the west, to the south, to the north... if one should hear it, the gods whisper her name in the winds... Myself, of course!"

"You... you mean you want to come with us?" Ken asked, with a quick nod from Amelia as a reply. "But, you're only a trainer, right? A beginner one at that? I'm not quite sure this is your field of study and interest---"

"Au contraire!" Amelia replied. "I have not introduced myself as of yet! Life, be thy sustenance, and unravel the mysterious and lies of this world! I am Amelia Rose, budding trainer! But, even that pails in comparison to my true identity... Amelia Rose, primary Ace Detective!"​

Amelia Rose - 18 Years Old
Trainer / Detective

"Ace..."

"...Detective?" the two said in unison. This was about to become quite an interesting journey.​

To be continued...

Last edited:
Years
Andrea Tuati and Kari Forsberg
"Mag!"

"Relax, I'm not going to drag you in with me and I'll be back soon," Andrea sighed, rubbing back of her head in a sheepish gesture. This had been going on for several minutes now while Murph, a man who Andrea had just met, looked on nervously.

"Are you sure you can get it? I'm starting to worry a bit…" Murph enquired, looking anxiously at the Magby latched onto Andrea's leg.

"Oh yeah, it'll be nice and easy,' Andrea said, smiling pleasantly as she tried to gently shake herself free of Ahi's grasp, "I'm just going to leave Ahi with you for a bit since he can't come with, dive in, grab the Pokeball and then we're all set!"

"Mag!"

"I promise I'm not about to die, I'm just going for a swim! We aren't all Fire types. See, there's someone in the water already over there."

"Maaaaaaaag." Apparently, this did not help to ease the young Magby's concerns.

As Andrea continued to wrestle with Ahi, a Poliwag swam nearby. That attracted Andrea's attention.

"Poli!"

"See? This little guy is okay in the water. I'll be just fine," she said and smiled at her baby Pokémon.

"Maaag!" Magby's grip tightened. He was set to not let his trainer in the evil water.

Suddenly, huge shadow appeared underneath Poliwag and some unknown force dragged him down under the surface. A girl emerged from the depths, holding Poliwag in her hands.

"Po! You can't just swim wherever you want! What if you got pulled away by the current?" She looked up and saw Andrea and Ahi. "Oh… Hi! Are you going in?"

"Hey," greeted Andrea, "I was trying to, this guy over here lost a Pokeball down there that needs rescuing" she pointed at Murph, "But Ahi has water issues and doesn't plan on letting me in any time soon."

"Pokéball at the bottom of the sea. Got it. Let's go, Po!" The girl and her Poliwag disappeared in the water again.

Andrea was staring at the surface again. She was slowly processing what just happened. Magby was still holding her leg. She saw girl's shadow moving in the water. She could see bubbles coming from it.

Out of nowhere, a purple Shellder jumped out of the water, flew right next to Andrea's head and landed upside down in the sand behind her.

"AUU! It bit me!" The girl rushed out of water. "You're asking for a battle! Po, fight!"

Her Poliwag followed her and stand in front of her, facing confused Shellder.

"Po, use Water Gun!"

"Poli Po!" Confirmed Po and attacked Shellder with a stream of water. It hit purple Pokémon, but didn't seem to hurt him.

"Well that's never going to work, is it?" Andrea said, putting her hands on her hips. She looked down at Ahi, who was still yet to let go of her leg, at the very least, this would get him to let go of her. "Ahi, Dynamic Punch on that Shellder!"

Like clockwork, Ahi immediately let go of Andrea's leg and made a B-line for the floundering Shellder. His tiny hand glowed a violent white as he proceeded to drive it hard into the Shellder, sending it skimming along the sand.

"Uh… you girl's haven't forgotten my ball, right?" Murph asked anxiously

"Course not," Andrea grinned, "Just taking a brief detour to make things easier… apparently."

"Po, use a stronger attack!" Shouted the girl, ignoring Murph and Andrea.

Poliwag jumped in the air and brown muddy ball formed at the end of his tail. Po smoothly sent it to Shellder, hitting it with the bang before it could react. Its power forced Shellder in the air. It landed back in sea, far away from the beach.

"Well, that was something," said the surprised girl. She was just standing there for a moment, slowly realizing that her little Po is strong. "What were you saying?" she asked and turned to Murph.

He looked at her, visibly confused by her behavior. He opened his mouth for and answer.

"Oh right, your Pokéball," the girl continued without waiting for Murph's answer. "I almost had it, but then that Shellder bit me," she said and pointed at her left hand. "Don't worry, I'm on it."

She run to the water, dived in and almost instantly returned. She was holding Pokéball in her right hand. She walked back to Murph.

"Here it is," she said as she handed it to him.

"Eh… Thanks..." Murph replied. His hands were shaking when he took the Pokéball.

"Kari. The name's Kari." she smiled.

"Thanks, Kari." Murph returned the smile and then looked at Andrea. "And to you too."

Kari turned around, now facing the sea. "Po, come here," she called to her Pokémon. He quickly came to her. Kari bend to him and said: "I've seen Staryu in the water. What do you say on catching one?"​

Last edited:

Kung Fu Ferret

The Unbound
Years
Eric had just made it to the Pokemon Center in Pallet Town. He planned to heal up his Sandile and his Poliwag.

"Oh, a new Trainer? Haven't seen you around here before." Nurse Joy said to him, taking Eric's Pokemon to heal them up. "We hope you excel!"

Eric nodded and said thanks.

Eric made his way to Route 1, and a wild Starly flew towards him in a panic, but plummeted.

Three Poochyena were chasing after this Starly, two male and one female. Eric could tell the female was clearly the most dominant one out of the trio.

Eric was originally taught that nature should be allowed to run its course, but he threw that out the proverbial window now that he's a Pokemon Trainer.

The female Poochyena confronted Eric, who was protecting this injured Starly that the trio of hyena-like Pokemon probably wanted for lunch.

"Alright, Poliwag! Let's do this!" Eric said, throwing Poliwag's Pokeball to send it out.

Poliwag made a little chirp-like cry.

"Use Bubble!" Eric ordered, as the tadpole blew a flurry of bubbles towards the gray hyena, who tackled Poliwag head on shortly after.

"Now follow it up with Mud Shot!" Eric shouted as the tadpole blasted mud at Poochyena's face, defeating it and causing it and her two male companions to retreat.

The Starly they protected stood there as Eric returned Poliwag to its Pokeball.

Starly fluttered to Eric's side, pecking at an empty Pokeball, allowing itself to get caught.

1, 2, 3 click! Eric caught Starly?!

Eric then walked back to the Pokemon Center in Pallet Town, and healed his Pokemon again.

"Welcome back" Nurse Joy exclaimed. "You look stronger than you did when I saw you earlier today!"

Eric smiled and gave the nurse his three Pokemon. "We hope you keep on going with your adventure!' the Nurse added, healing his Pokemon.

Eric decided to take a seat on the bench outside the Pokemon Center, to try and relax.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
BlueStar_20px.gif
Aberdeen - Route 1
152MS.png
060MS.png

Deen had grown up alongside the Wigglytuff (then Jigglypuff) and the Sunflora (then Sunkern). Sunflora was scary at times, but usually a nice friendly babysitter. Wiggs was very overprotective, but often funny enough to make up for any annoyance that brought. Right now though, Deen wished that they hadn't come with him.

His parents had made up various excuses for why their pokémon should come with him to Viridian City, to the point where Deen had just given in and accepted it. He knew they were just worried about him, especially after his sister...

it would be nice with some freedom though. Now on Route 1, every young trainer the group met seemed instantly scared off by the tough looking pokémon walking next to Deen. When it happened for the fourth time, he had had enough.

"Come back! These aren't my pokémon, I'm a rookie trainer!" he called out to the girl who had initially looked self-confident but had had that all melt away when Sir Wiggs inflated himself behind the boy with a furious stare.

The girl eventually relaxed and accepted his challenge. They had a short but neat battle in which Chikorita actually managed to win over her brave Lillipup, and then his newly acquired Poliwag win over her feisty Wurmple (but it was a quite close call). The girl seemed bitter afterwards, and even though he won fair and square, Deen felt a little bit guilty over telling her he was a rookie and then winning 2 out of 2. He invited her to have lunch with her in the grass, to make up for it.

The girl sat down on a rock in the field where they had been battling, and started caring for her pokémon with Potions while Aberdeen took out some of the food he had packed.

"Hey, I have something that will help," he said, noticing her efforts.

"What? Potions work fine," she grumbled as she treated Lillipup, clearly still not having forgiven him.

Deen walked up close and dug up something else from his backpack. "Oran berries! Pokémon sometimes get nervous around synthetic medicine or dislike the spray sounds. But all pokémon love Oran berries!"

Hesitantly, she accepted one of the big blue berries he handed her. Lillipup instantly sprung to life and tried to nab it from her. When it finally was allowed to bite, the satisfaction was clearly visible on its face.

"Wouldn't you know... You were right," the girl said and nodded thoughtfully towards the other trainer. "I'm Farin. From Viridian City."

"Nice to meet you! I'm Aberdeen. From Pallet Town!" Deen smiled back.

"Figures. Considering how few people actually live in Pallet, it's a wonder how many trainers it produces. Are all of you trainers or something?"

"No! Well... Actually now that you say it, I can't think of many people I know there who don't own a pokémon."

"That's not the same though," Farin said and let Lillipup down, so she could send Wurmple out on her lap to be treated next. Without being prompted, Deen handed her a second Oran berry, which she accepted with a thankful smile and administered to the worm accordingly. The effect was similar to the one of the puppy. "Not all people with pokémon consider themselves trainers. Far from all battle."

"That's right, of course. Wigglytuff and Sunflora don't usually battle," Deen agreed and sat down in the grass next to the girl, with a gesture towards his parents' pokémon who were slumbering nearby together with Chikorita. Poliwag took a seat right next to him. It hadn't taken long at all for the blue boy to accept that a human now owned him and wanted him to battle.

"So how come you do?" Farin asked, as Deen handed her a sandwhich. She looked surprised at first, as if she had forgotten that that was what he had promised her, and not the Oran berries. But she accepted it.

"It seems like the most fun thing to do," he replied in between bites.

She watched him for a moment, and he actually started to feel uncomfortable by it, so he countered: "Why do you do it?"

"I want to get rich and famous," Farin responded.

Deen giggled a bit, but then saw her face. She was dead serious.

"Huh. Okay, fair enough! How will you do that?"

"I'll evolve Lillipup into Stoutland and Wurmple into Dustox and find many more rare and strong pokémon that can win battles for me and earn me money."

"But you lost to me," Deen said and finished his sandwhich. "I'll always remember you as the first person who lost to me in a trainer battle!"

The increasing angery level was almost visible in the tone of Farin's skin at that. "We'll battle again! And I'll win!"

"Better start working harder already if you want any chance," Deen said with a wink.

She finally seemed to understand that he was joking around with her, and noticeably relaxed a little bit.

"I mean it though. I'll get rich," she said, and stared off into the distance towards Viridian. "You'll see."

"Farin," Deen said, trying his best to be serious too, even though it wasn't a very comfortable mood for him. "I hope you will reach your goal! I'm rooting for you."

Her gaze shifted to meet his. Her eyes were strangely brown, having an almost purple tint to them. Deen thought of some glazed chocolate cake he had had at some point. Yup, he was clearly still hungry.

Years
Andrea Tuati and Kari Forsberg
240MS.png
120MS.png
060MS.png
120MS.png
Andrea looked out to the water.

"So… was there anything else interesting down there besides Shellder?"

"Have you ever dived before? Everything under the surface is interesting!" Kari sighed. "Like I said, I'm going to catch Staryu now. Come on, Po!"

Kari stepped few steps back and got ready to jump to the water. She suddenly stopped. She was standing there for a seconds when she spoke again: "I left my Pokéballs with the other stuff on the other side of the beach."

"I've been diving before but that's not exactly an option with this firespitter stuck to me," Andrea replied with a sigh, "A Staryu would be a great Pokémon to have too."

Andre though for a moment, but hearing about the abandoned pokeballs gave her an idea at the least. She didn't know this person, but they seemed nice enough, so maybe they'd go for it.

"Maybe we can help each other?" Andrea began "If you drag up a Staryu for me, I'll lend you one of my empty Pokéballs to catch a second one with."

"That's not a bad plan," Kari nodded. "I'll get 2 Staryu out of water and you'll help me catch one."

She and Po didn't waste a time and jumped into the water. There were various Water Pokémon under the water, but Kari ignored them. She was looking for a pair of Staryu she saw last time. It didn't took her long to find them. They were chilling at the bottom of the sea, only few meters from where the Pokéball was.

She pointed to one and Po quickly swam to it. It headbutted it out of water while Kari grabbed second one and threw it out by herself.

Andre watched as one after the other, the pair of Staryu were flung out of the water and onto the beach - Ahi jumping back to avoid being splashed by the water. The pair of Water Pokemon sprung up and began looking around angrily for the source of their displacement.

"Flame Burst, Ahi!" Andrea called suddenly, not giving the pair of Staryu a chance to get their bearings.

Ahi obliged gladly, a searing fireball forming in front of his mouth before launching for the pair of Water types. The Staryu scrambled out the way with surprising speed, the ball of flame exploding into several smaller flares that battered the now-divided Staryu.

One of the Staryu immediately launched a counterattack, launching a torrent of water towards Ahi.

Kari and Po jumped out of the water, eager to join the battle. Po didn't wait for his trainer's instructions and attacked the other Staryu. The muddy ball formed at the end end of his tail and Po sent it against Staryu. But Staryu had enough time to dodge, jumped to the air, started spinning and tackled Po back to the water.

"Po! Are you okay?" asked Kari, visibly worried for her Pokémon. "I already told you to wait on me."

"Poli!" was the answer, when Po got out of the water again. Staryu was quickly returning.

"Great, let's catch this Staryu! Po, wait until it is closer and knock it down with Mud Shot." planned Kari.

The Staryu neared Po, but as deflected by the muddy projectile that had it skidding back across the sand. Andrea saw that as an opportunity and dived right in with another attack of her own.

"Ahi, Faint Attack!"

The Magby seemed to run for the second Staryu, but as he passed the one Po had just downed, he whirled on it and delivered a sharp punch to the Water type. The second Staryu shot another torrent of Water at Ahi, apparently taking offense at this tactic.

"Watch out for that other Staryu," Kari reminded Andrea. But before she could do anything, Po jumped in front of Ahi, blocking the water from hurting the Live Coal Pokémon. It had no effect on Po.

"Nice work!" praised Kari. "Now counterattack with Mud Shot."

Po has already created muddy ball at the end of his tail and sent it towards Staryu. It missed its target and landed next to Staryu with huge explosion. Even that was enough to knock Staryu down.

"Lend me one of your Pokéballs," Kari asked Andrea as Staryu was getting up and ready for another attack.

Andrea quickly tossed Kari a ball, after this there'd only be one Staryu to go.

"Thanks," said Kari and she immediately threw it against Staryu just as it launched for an attack and hit it midair. Pokéball opened and sucked in Staryu. It fell to the ground and started shaking. Kari was watching the ball silently as it slowly stopped.

Andrea grinned and gave a thumbs up to Kari, turning her attention to the remaining Staryu.

"Cover Ahi cause we're going in," she declared "Ahi, Faint Attack!"

Andrea's Magby rushed the Staryu as it blasted a torrent of bubbles in his direction.

Kari was overwhelmed by joy and excitement so much that she didn't pay attention to what was happening with Andrea. Luckily, Po was still looking for a battle. He got in front of bubbles and blew most of them with his tail.

Ahi leapt over the top of the Poliwag and struck the Staryu before it could attack again, knocking it it out with its attack. Andrea took that opportunity to throw a Pokeball and capture a Staryu for herself.

Last edited:
Years
Viridian City
Viridian City: although it's not nearly as large as the likes of Celadon or Saffron, it's still quite the change from the quaint Pallet Town and is certainly a large enough city with many places of residence, business and entertainment. Once famous primarily for it's gym, and for being the only way through to Victory Road and the Indigo Plateau, in more recent years it has become infamous for the scandal in which former gym leader Giovanni was revealed to be the criminal mastermind behind Team Rocket. After his disappearance this infamy has slowly been eroding away, but it's once stirling reputation is forever tarnished, and some now regard Viridian with apprehension.

The city itself remains largely unchanged since those days, however. It sits to the left of expansive mountain ranges and is surrounded by ever thickening woods that eventually take the shape of the dense Viridian Forest. Although a fairly large city, there isn't much in the way of skyscrapers here giving an almost unobstructed view of these surroundings form almost anywhere in the city and small pockets of trees can be found within. Centrepoint of the city is the Viridian Trainer's Academy, once the most prominent Pokemon education facility in the region. Although it is still indisputably a good school, it's reputation and its quality have taken a hit after Giovanni's reveal and disappearance since in the past they were funded in a large part by his generous donations which have since stopped. Despite all this though, Viridian has largely retained an uneasy peace.

As the first of you reach the city however, a large booming sound rings out over the area disturbing this peace. Upon entering the city, it is clear that something significant has happened. There are sirens in the distance, news helicopters in the sky and police swarming the streets. From here you can quickly discover that a bomb has gone off in the Viridian Gym, leaving it and the surrounding area ablaze ,and with the police in frantic search of the culprit, it is quite possible you may even find yourselves questioned.
pineco.png
spinarak.png
sentret.png
abra.png
machop.png
mankey.png
oddish.png
meowth.png
jigglypuff.png
bellsprout.png
Missions

Spoiler:

GM notes
I'll be updating the discord more than the actual thread, fyi! But feel free to claim on the OOC thread (and on the discord). You guys wanted a bang so :0

Kung Fu Ferret

The Unbound
Years
Eric had just made it to Viridian City, and he wanted to look around, but then..

KABOOM! A bomb went off, in the direction Eric was heading anyway. The sound of the explosion was almost deafening, and also triggered a flashback to that fateful morning several months ago.

It played in Eric's head as if the tragic events happened merely yesterday.

***Eric and his beloved then-girlfriend Peggy, a high-ranking Pokemon Ranger and her partner, a Sandile (not the one Eric currently has, mind you), were on a romantic getaway somewhere in Kanto near Lavender Town. Her skin a deep chocolate color, her hair braided nicely and a deep emerald green. This is when they noticed a lone Cubone rushing up to the young couple, as if to ask them for help.
"I'll be right back, bae." Peggy told Eric.
Peggy ran off towards the direction the Cubone was pointing towards, and Eric held the Cubone in his arms. Peggy's Sandile followed her. closely. Five Rocket grunts were trying to take various Pokemon, including a Marowak, which appeared to be the Cubone's mother, out of their habitats for nefarious reasons. Eric decided to follow them, worried about his girlfriend.

Peggy pulled out her state-of-the-art Capture Styler, and tried to calm the wild Pokemon down.

One of the Rocket grunts took one creepy look at her, and smirked,
"A Pokemon Ranger, huh? Don't think you'll be able to interfere with Team Rocket's plans."
The grunt grabbed some sort of electric prod, and the Mother Marowak threw her bone club towards the Rocket grunt.

Eric noticed a second Rocket grunt was sneaking around to attack. Instinct took over, and Eric punched his attacker in the face. The Marowak fell dead due to injuries sustained prior.

Peggy was brutally shocked by the other Grunt's prod. Her screams of agony echoed for what seemed like miles.

Three of the other grunts collected as many Pokemon as they could.

Peggy lay on the ground, barely alive. Eric then tackled the grunt who attacked her to the ground, after telling the Cubone to hide somewhere. The grunt was knocked out.

Eric looked at his beloved, who was barely clinging to life.

"Peggy, my love. Don't die. You can't! I need you!" Eric cried.

"I'm sorry, but I... Can't hold on much.. longer." Peggy coughed. "I'll... always.. love you..." Her final breath drawn, Eric was clinging to his beloved as she died.

Peggy's Sandile was nowhere to be found, but also met a tragic end seconds prior. From then on, Eric swore to get revenge for all the innocent lives lost to Team Rocket that day.***

Eric got up, wiped the tears from his eyes, and the ringing in his ears stopped. He then ran towards the site of the explosion.

He kept a safe distance from the debris, for now. Not that he had a choice with the police barricade and whatnot. He wanted to help, but had no choice but to watch from afar.

Years
Kari Forsberg
060MS.png
120MS.png
Route 1 ---------> Viridian City
Mission 1​

Kari was running through the forest. It was already getting late when she finally got to her clothes. And it took her another hour until she got ready to go.

It was really late now. Kari was moving as fast as possible to get to the Viridian City. She was so close. It would be shame to sleep on the cold ground now. And she wanted to take a bath in the Pokémon Center.

She jumped over some branches and noticed light forming on the horizon.

It must be lights from Viridian City's buildings, Kari though.

She overcame last few metres. She could finally see the city. Part of the city was in flames. Her face went pale. She couldn't believe her eyes. What was happening?

Kari stopped for a moment. She was breathing deeply.

"What should I do?" She asked herself. She was standing still there for a few minutes. Then she decided. She then adjusted her cap and started running to the city again. She has to find out what is going on.

The temperature was getting higher more she was approaching Viridian City. It was really hot when she arrived. This wasn't good.

She picked her Pokéballs and called out Po and Staryu, who she nicknamed Neptune.

"Hey buddy," she turned to Po. "Can you use your Water Gun on me? I think I need that right now."

Moments later she could think straight again. She looked around and saw several people standing around. There were Pokémon already extinguishing the fire on nearby buildings. Kari could see Blastoise, Golduck, Vaporeon and even Kingler.

"Okay, let's help. Po, use Water Gun! Neptune, use Brine!" She ordered her Pokémon to help others.

The ceiling of one of the buildings collapsed and Kari could hear someone inside scream in horror. She wasn't waiting for anything and started sprinting to that building.

Someone stopped her. "What do you think you're doing, kid?" screamed a middle-aged guy at her.

"What? I want to help." Kari replied.

"You would make more trouble that help," he pushed Kari back away from the building.

"We have to help people inside," she said again.

Starmie flew over their heads, shooting water out of her every arm, extinguishing the fire quickly.

"That's not a bad idea," said Kari, when she saw that Starmie. "Neptune, can you do the same?"

Staryu jumped to the air, started spinning, but could barely shoot water from 3 arms at the same time. It fell down almost immediately.

"That's not good," sighed Kari.

"Hey girl, you should get out of here. Your Pokémon could get hurt," the man said.

"No!" Kari opposed. "I've got an idea." She remembered her encounter with Staryu, when Po let himself to be hit with Water attack to replenish his strength. Maybe the same thing could be done with Staryu.

"Po, hit Neptune with your Water Gun. Give it everything you've got. Neptune, get ready to use Brine again."

Po catapulted Neptune to the sky with his Water Gun. Neptune's core started shining and Neptune launched streams of water from all of its arms.

And so Kari joined other people in getting rid of the flames.

Pokémon
Spoiler:

Kung Fu Ferret

The Unbound
Years
Eric noticed this mystery Trainer with two Water Pokemon had decided to help the firefighters. Eric decided that he wanted to help out as well, and grabbed his Starly's Pokeball. He let out the small bird, intending to have her look for any survivors from above.

"Starly! Can you fly up and see if any people or Pokemon need to be rescued?" Eric asked his avian ally.

Starly chirped as if to say "Affirmative!" but Eric was surprised by a screaming brunette repeating the name "Bobby!" as if she was calling towards someone.

The woman noticed Eric, and ran up to him. "Are you a Trainer? Please! Save my Bobby!" The woman seemed by have a slight Galarian accent.

Eric knew this woman was distressed, as it was very clear.

"Um. Is Bobby your son?" Eric asked, a bit startled by the woman's wailing.

"YES!" She cried. "He's got red hair and green eyes! I last saw him by the Trainer's School!"

Eric's Starly flew down on to her Trainer's shoulder.

"What is it, Starly?" Eric asked. "You saw a young child in the rubble? Did he have red hair?"

Starly squawked in confirmation, then led Eric to the general area of the Trainer's school.

As soon as they got their, Eric returned Starly to her Pokeball.

"It's too dangerous. I'll take it from here." Eric said. "Thanks for the help, Starly."

He then heard a kid screaming "HELP!"

Eric saw a kid cornered by some rubble and ashes with mere embers surrounding them. Eric jumped in, grabbed the child, and asked "Hey, are you Bobby?"

The boy nodded. And Eric said "Well then, I'm here to rescue you!"

Eric then saw the boy's mother, who ran and grabbed her son, relieved and grateful.

She handed Eric a Heart Scale, saying "I know this isn't much, but I want you to have this. It was my husband's good luck charm. Thank you, young Trainer! Thank Arceus for brave young Trainers like you!"

Eric nodded and said "I'll take good care of it!" Eric replied, then looked around for others who needed help.

(ERIC OBTAINED A HEART SCALE!)

Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2023
Chapter 1.1

Pallet Town

ab4b165b93f5035376eede13962468cfc89bd249_full.jpg
'I forgot to SHAVE!?'

Kiyo was barely on his first steps to to complete his most grandiose mission, yet he already failed the first bullet point. 'Appear decent in my trainer license: FAIL.' Sighing out of defeat, all hope was not lost on the young adult. 'Well,' he comforted himself, 'It's not like I'm ACTUALLY becoming a trainer, anyways. I only need this stupid ID to cross over towards Viridian City. How tough can the Pokemon on Route 1 be? Besides...' Kiyo was in full-on monologue mode now. While he appeared quiet to any outside bystander, a blossoming garden of thoughts flourished in his mind at a constant rate, a garden he would embrace if it were not constantly painted black by his negativity and pessimistic world view. And the easiest way to drown out the darkness? Replace it with repetitive, thoughtless actions such as playing video games, or sleeping, or masturb--

"Flowers? Mr. Flowers? Is everything alright?"

The calling of his name echoed through Kiyos mind, halting his thoughts to a complete stop. He was in a complete trance, hypnotized by the stubble he forgot to razor off, now forever immortalized in his picture ID. Staring down at his license in dismay, an older gentleman snapped him back to reality. The sir calling out to him was none other than Professor Oak.

The professor stood only a few paces from Kiyo and began theorizing what could possibly be causing the new trainer such turmoil. "You know," he deduced," if you'd like, we can always retake the photo... It'd only take a few moments, I promise." Oak never had the most flattering voice, but the warm sense of reassurance and paternal comfort it offered was unmistakable.

"No, no," Kiyo reassured the professor. "That won't be necessary." A weak smile splayed across his lips.

The professor figured the poor lad was probably too eager to get started on his journey. 'A bit of a late bloomer,' he concluded, 'but sometimes it just can't be helped...' "All right then! How about we get you that Pokedex and send you on your way?" There was one thing the professor was still curious about though. "You won't be needed a starter Pokemon, will you...?"

Kiyo watched as the professors eyes left the gaze of his own and traveled down towards the side of him, stopping around the height his knee stood. Both of their eyes widened as a Pokemons cry bellowed next to Kiyo. "MEOOOWW~!"

Kiyo frantically waved his arms around, trying to divert the professors attention from the pudgy Tiger Cat that stood phlegmatically next to him. "Who? This fatass!? Oh no, she's never been in a battle in her life! She probably couldn't even cast a Scratch attack to save her own life, let alone mine! She-" Before Kiyo could continue spewing his verbal diarrhea, the Purugly hissed at her "trainer", leaping into the air and assaulting him with a paw full of sharpened claws.

Professor Oak couldn't contain his laughter as he watched the scene unfold before him. "I must say, your Purugly seems much more suited for battle than you lead on," he said, winking towards the tubby cat, "It is, after all, in a Pokemons nature to battle. Instinct, if you will." Kiyo nodded towards the professor while he stroked the shallow wound that was lacerated across his face. "But just to be sure…" Oaks voice traveled off as he outstretched his arm, motioning Kiyo to follow his lead. The two of them made their way back towards the front desk where they were greeted by an assistant who rivaled Kiyo in both his thin body type and disheveled hair. "Oh, William?" inquired the professor. "Do get Mr. Flowers his new belongings ready."

The lab worker curiously glanced over Kiyo, raising an eyebrow before returning his attention to the professor. He nodded and began rummaging through a few cabinets before pulling out a box that was clearly labelled "FLOWERS, KIYO". As he brought the box to the professor, he began to question the professors certainty… "Are you sure someone such as HIM is qualified for such a handout? A pokedex isn't just some mere party favor after all."

The assistants words stung like venom, but Kiyo wasn't going down without a fight. "Hey, buddy! I'm right here. I can hear you talking about me and you don't look so put-together yourself!"

William looked almost offended that Kiyo had even opened his mouth in his direction. He was much more "put together" than that homely oaf of a man. But before he could respond, Professor Oak stepped in, trying his best to play damage control. "Now, now you two. No fighting! Besides, William," he said, turning to his assistant, "It wasn't long ago that you too mirrored this budding young lad."

Defeated, the assistant let out a low "Hmph" before resentfully handing over the package. Instinctively, Kiyo looked up towards Oak, silently asking for his approval to receive it. With a reassuring grin, the professor gave the new trainer a nod of approval. Kiyos eyes lit up as he took hold of the box. Even Purugly looked up in awe as she saw his eyes glistened under the harsh laboratory lights. Rarely did her partners eyes light up with such amazement.

"Now don't doddle around here all day!" the professor exclaimed. "You've got the whole region at the tip of your fingers. Just show the wardens at Route One your license, and you'll be on your way."

Kiyo could hear the professor, but was frozen by a flood of emotions. Fear, gratitude, determination, and others washed over him, drowning out any sense of coherency. With a small nudge, the professor began to walk Kiyo out the entrance of his lab, Purugly following suit. It was almost too much for him. His eyes began to well as he coddled the professors gift box; a single tear dripping from his eyes to the package. Under his breath, Kiyo was finally able to muster the strength for a single sentence: "...Thank you."

Last edited:
Years
Andrea Tuati
[float="Ahi (Male, Vital Spirit) - Smog, Smokscreen, Flame Burst, Fire Punch, Faint Attack, Dynamic Punch]
240.png
[/float]
120.png
Whetu (Genderless, Natural Cure) - Water Gun, Harden, Psywave, Recover, Swift

"This isn't really what I had in mind for Viridian!" Andrea yelled over the sounds of sirens and screaming. The suffocating scent of smoke was thick in her nostrils as she hurried in the direction of the blaze.

She had been a good thirty minutes out of the city when she'd heard the explosion and seen the pillars of smoke begin to rise above the treeline. She had been within the city only five or so when a police officer had grabbed her and demanded to know if she had any Water types on her. Having informed her that she had recently acquired a Staryu, she had been put to work and sent scurrying to help extinguish the fire.

It took her a fair while to reach the site of the inferno, she was after all travelling on foot through a large city. It was at the very least though, easy to locate the source of the flames. Follow the screams, follow the sirens and follow the ever growing orange glow.

As it was, she eventually found her way there and was meant by a terrifying visual. The Viridian Gym, a building she had seen on the internet and on posters, was mostly obliterated, a pile of burning rubble that had spilled out onto the road and damaged nearby buildings, which had now also caught fire and the blaze spread.

Through the smoke, the flashing lights of emergency vehicles could be scene and a chorus of shouts and cries rose up through the smog. At first it was impossible to distinguish one voice from another, but closing her eyes and concentrating, Andrea was able to come to the conclusion that most of the sounds were cries of pain and anguish. Piercing through those came authoritative yells, people trying to coordinate the rescue initiative. At one such yell, a bunch of Water Pokemon began unloading torrents of water and bubbles into a building engulfed in flames.

"What the hell did you bring that with you for?!" a crotechy voice suddenly spoke from near Andrea. She opened her eyes to see a heavily sweating, rotund man in what appeared to be a high visibility vest standing in front of her. His brown hair was stuck to his face, he was panting heavily and he was covered in ash.

"What?" She stammered, not expecting to be accosted by one of the rescue volunteers upon arriving.

"Your Magby kid! The last thing we need is more fire!" He yelled over the sounds of distress and destruction. "You got any Water types with you?"

Andrea looked down to her side, to see Ahi happily skipping along at her feet. Despite the severity of the situation, Andrea couldn't help but be amused. Ahi was completely cheerful despite the horrible carnage all around him on account of the comfort he drew from the presence of fire. Whilst on the relaxing beach he'd been scared witless just because he'd been nearby to the sea. She couldn't help but grin, causing the man to look at her suspiciously.

"Oh, right. Yeah, I do," she replied, catching herself now "Whetu, you're up!"

With a flash of light, Andrea released her new Staryu. Whetu looked around at the blazing remnants of the district before turning to Andrea. It slumped to the side somewhat, and Andrea could tell that this was the Staryu equivalent of a bewildered scowl.

"Not your preferred environment I know, but I'm going to need your help to make this go away," she said, bending over the Water type to look at it more. The Staryu shifted, slumping forwards instead before straightening up, tilting its topmost leg to the side expectantly. Andrea took it as a reluctant sigh of agreement.

"Well if you're helping, head down the street. There's a couple of buildings just starting to catch down there and we're hoping to stop the fire spreading any further. The fire department is all caught up with the more serious fires over here and can't spare anyone for the job. Get movin', kid."

Andrea took off down the street, unable to help an excited grin slipping onto her face as she did so. This wasn't what she'd had in mind for the early days of her journey at all, but she couldn't deny it was going to make for one hell of an experience.

A few moments later, she was standing with a small group of other trainers nearby.

"On three!" A tough-looking woman yelled, Andrea and her other charges waiting, listening intently for the instruction. "One, two, THREE!"

As one, several torrents of water shot into the nearest flame.​

Years
Kari Forsberg
060MS.png
120MS.png
Viridian City
Mission 1, Mission 9​

Kari fell down on the ground. She was dirty, tired and dehydrated. Her previously wet hair, were all dried now and full of ash. She lost her cap. She was trying to catch her breath. She stopped counting hours of the fire extinguishing. She's helped put down fire from several buildings, but she's also seen some collapse to the ground. She only hoped they were already empty.

She just saved another building from burning down with a group of other trainers and couldn't take it anymore. While she was sitting on the ground in the side street , leaning on trashcan, she could swear she saw Andrea running on the main street of the city with her Magby running alongside her.

Po and Neptune returned to Kari. They were both tired too. Kari called them back to their Pokéballs as the fires were almost gone. At least from what she could see. She was looking on the main street for a while, trying to get back some strength to help more. It didn't take long and she fell asleep.

She was woken up by a big bang. Something hit her to her left leg. She opened her eyes and quickly got up. She looked around and saw someone getting up only few metres from her. That person must have tripped over her and end up in the other trashcan.

"Stop him!" familiar voice yelled from behind Kari. She slowly turned around to see the middle-aged man she met earlier. He was running towards the other person, ignoring Kari, when she didn't respond to his command.

Everything seem so slow around Kari. The man jumped over one of the trashcans lying between him and his target, when the white light filled the side street. Ekans appeared out of nowhere, bit the man to the arm and tumbled him to the ground. It then launched an attack against Kari.

She just stood there. She couldn't move. Couldn't quite process what was happening. Couldn't think straight. Everything was only black and white. Then another white light filled the alley as Po jumped out of his Pokéball and countered Ekans with his Mud Shot. The ball of mud sent Ekans flying back to its trainer.

Po then shot a stream of water to the sky. Kari's senses returned when the first drop of water touched her. Colours returned to her world.

"... you little brat!" she heard the Ekans trainer saying something to her. He commanded his Ekans to attack again.

Ekans launched another attack, but Kari was prepared this time.

"I have no idea what is your problem, but I won't let you hurt people like that. Po, Water Gun!" she shouted with her newly found strength. It hit Ekans point blank. It fell to the ground, but didn't stay there for long. It wrapped around Po and squeezed him, but let his mouth free, so he can attack with another Water Gun. And another.

The commotion was loud enough to attract other people, alongside Officer Jenny. She quickly stopped the fight with her Arcanine tackling down both Ekans and Po. She noticed a man lying on the ground.

"He's behind the flames," the middle-aged man said and pointed at the Ekans trainer, who was now cornered in the side street, when Jenny approached him. But he was visibly suffering. She called him an ambulance as she suspected that the Ekans poison got to this man's body. She then focused on the trainer.

Kari picked up Po and joined Jenny and her Arcanine walking towards the culprit.

"You should back of kid," Jenny said, clearly not happy with a kid getting in a way.

"No need," replied Kari. Jenny glared at her, but when she saw her determined face, she decided to let it slide this time. She still wasn't sure what role she plays in all of this, but she was probably on the same side.

They both stopped: "Now, what is this all about?" Jenny asked the Ekans trainer. "Talk!" She commanded him as Arcanine let out intimidating growl.

The trainer backed to the wall. He put up his arms: "Please stop. I'll tell you everything."
Pokémon
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2023
Pallet Town

Kiyo had somehow managed to pull himself together since his visit at Pallet Towns laboratory. Most conversations he had in the recent past with strangers lacked any sort of meaningful depth. Quick "thank you"s and shifty "excuse me"s were the extent of his conversations. Now, he was well on his way to being plunged headfirst into the world of HUMAN INTERACTION. Throwing his head back, he let out a loud groan in discomfort. 'Can I really handle this? I know Viridian City is only one route away, but still…'

Spr_B2W2_Policeman.png
Soon before long, he had mindlessly navigated his way towards the cities outskirts. A border outfitted by a couple of rangers was all that stood between him and his next destination. The two guards stood lazily at their post. One was flipping through a magazine while the other snacked on a bag of fries. Trying his best to quietly slink by unnoticed, 'Maybe I can just sneak by real qui--'

"Trainer ID, sir?" Without glancing up once from his magazine, the guard had noticed Kiyos presence.

The teen was at a loss for words. Resigning to the guards request, he pulled out his wallet that now housed his new trainer license. Kiyo stared down at it, still feeling a tinge of embarrassment from his IDs picture. He sighed and handed over the card.

The guard had to tug at Kiyos license a few times before he finally released it. As he scanned it over, he noticed the date it had been distributed. Looking up from the card, the guard finally lifted his gaze from his desk. As he examined the teen, his left eyebrow began to cock up. "Well, Route One isn't a dangerous excursion by any stretch of the means. The most trouble we get around here are a couple of Poochyenas every so often." The guard then handed over the card back to Kiyo and continued. "But that DOESN'T mean we can let anyone just waltz on over to Viridian City. It was Team Rockets previous HQ, after all." Once he finished surveying the teen, his eyes then wandered down towards his partner. "And why is your trainer license brand spankin' new when you got an evolved Purugly with you?" The guard crossed his arms and sighed, moving his attention back towards the teen. "Somethin' just ain't sittin' right with me…"

Kiyo began to fill with anxiety as the guard interrogated him. 'Does he think I'm some sort of criminal!?' "Look, I I I--" he stammered, "I'm just trying to deliver something to Viridian City for my family." His nerves began to get the better of him, causing his voice to shake as he spoke. "I've never even left the city before, let alone interacted with Team Rocket. I don't even know what Pokemon the professor gave me yet!"

The two guards turned to each other, briefly pausing before both of them released a torrent of bellowing laughter. When they had finally caught their breath, one began to question the teen. "You mean to tell me you don't even know what Pokemon Oak got you?" Kiyos face began to redden, blushing for embarrassment. "I'll tell you what," proclaimed one of the guards. "Let's make a deal. If you win, you get to pass. But if i win…" His voice took a more sinister turn. "You gotta run back home to your mamas lil basement. Capisce?"

By now, Kiyo was certain the guards weren't all that interested in actually guarding the area and instead more so interested in pushing his own buttons. "Grrr… All right!" Kiyo turned to his partner, readying her for battle. He'd never actually participated in one before, but he was riding strictly on adrenaline at this point. "Purugly, Show them what you got!" The Tiger Cat Pokemon then proceeded to circle the ground where it stood and firmly plant itself, turning its nose up and away from her trainer. Kiyos jaw dropped to the floor. His first battle and his Pokemon was already disobeying him. 'Oh, you little b--'

Kiyos thought was cut off by the roaring laughter of the two guards. "Even your own Pokemon doesn't wanna battle with you! Give it up, kid." The guard was now tossing his own Pokeball in the air as if to taunt him even more. "You ain't cut out for the trainer life."

latest
Kiyo was practically blowing out hot steam from his nose and ears now. Muttering every curse word in the book under his breath, he reached into his bag, pulling out the pristine box Professor Oak had handed over to him. It was still stained wet by his tears from earlier. As he took a deep breath, he began to reflect. This wasn't just about proving a point to his family or the guards; this was about proving a point to himself. Removing the top from the box, Kiyo finally revealed the contents that laid within. A Pokedex and a single Pokeball were sitting snug within the package surrounded comfortably by soft material. His pupils were dilated in awe. The items glistened in the sun, their metallic sheen polished to a T. His fingers began to twitch a bit from anxiety. What if I drop it? What if I get fingerprints on it!? What if i…' but after much deliberation, he was able to finally reach in and grasp the Pokeba--no. HIS Pokeball. With shaky fingers, he palmed a Pokeball for the first time in his life. 'So this is what it feels like…'

"Sorry to burst your bubble, but we ain't got all day over here!" The guard said, clearly peeved the teen was taking his sweet time. "Lillipup, go!"

Kiyo was slightly taken aback by the contrast between the tiny puppy and the menacing guard and soon began to wonder how he would look compared to his own starter. Clutching the ball, he pressed the button in the center and felt it expand in his hand. 'I guess we'll find out soon enough...' Under his breath, he whispered "Here goes nothing…" before proudly proclaiming, "Come on out!"

After the signature white light dimmed, a small, yellow shape soon began to form. It stood around 2' in height, with arms and legs and… a plug on its head!? "Wh…" Kiyo was only familiar with the species of Pokemon that roamed Pallet Town. He had never seen one like this before. Not only was he unfamiliar with the Pokemons species, but he also didn't know what moves it could cast either! "Umm," he murmured, trying his best to buy some time. 'Just come up with something quick! "Alright, let's see. Use Scratch!" The yellow Pokemon stood there, scratching his head as his trainer called out to him. "Not like that!" Kiyo growled a little bit. How could he possibly beat the guard if he didn't even know what moves his Pokemon had? "Ok, no Scratch. Use Tackle!" His Pokemon still stood there, dumbfounded by his trainers commands. Now Kiyo was getting pissed. He swung his arm around in a pitching motion, then launched a punch in the air as an example. "At least punch the damn dog! You can do that, can't you!?"

The electric type watched his trainer as he swung his arm around and began to copy his action. This unintentionally caused the Pokemon to charge up electricity in its body. After spinning its arm, it launched a punch in the air. Electricity poured from its fist; a lightning bolt firing straight forward. The bolt flew past the Lillipup, narrowly missing the guard. "Hey, bozo! Watch where you aim that thing!" Dusting his uniform off, he called out to Kiyo. "Maybe you should try usin that fancy lil gadget Oak got ya? Juss' a thought."

120px-RG_Pok%C3%A9dex.png
Kiyo didnt enjoy being talked down to, but the man had a point. He'd never seen such a state of the art Pokedex up close before. 'I spend hours on my computer a day. It can't be that much different, can it? Gently plucking the machine from the box, he watched as the machine rose to life. Its screen brightened and lights flickered. Even though he had never held a Pokedex before, he felt surprisingly at home with a piece of technology in his hand. Like intuition, he instinctively held the Pokedex up, aiming towards the makeshift battlefield.

Elekid, the Electric Pokemon. It spins its arms to create a powerful electric charge.

'The "Electric" Pokemon? How novel…'

It's known moves are Quick Attack, Leer, and Thunder Shock.

'So that means that last move must have been Thunder Shock!' The puzzle pieces were finally falling into place for Kiyo. He had his Pokemon, his Pokedex, and he wasn't about to let some oppressor stand in the way of his future! "All right then, Elekid. Hit 'em with another Thunder Shock!"

The officer smirked. "Not so fast! Lillipup, use Leer!" The Puppy Pokemon took a battle stance, digging its heels into the ground. As Elekid was readying up his attack, the Lillipups demeanor instantly transformed from playful pup to demented hellhound. It snarled at Kiyos Elekid, staring straight into him like knives. In return, Elekid slowed its rate of charge, taking a quick step back in fear of his enemy.

"Aw, come on. It's just a puppy!" Kiyo cried. "Besides, we know that move too!" Elekid looked back at its trainer, then nodded in reassurance. "Forget Thunder Shock and Leer right back at it!" Elekid closed his eyes, readying to deliver the move. When he opened them, he swapped his demeanor as well, exchanging his aloof personality with something more menacing. He practically towered over the Lillipup, doubling its height. The two had an intense scare-off; one that Elekid was surely in the lead of. Eventually, the Puppy Pokemon backed off, returning to its original cute appearance. The Lillipup stood there, ready to endure the final blow. Attacking a little puppy!? This feels so wrong… Shaking the though, he gave the final command. 'It's time to end this.' "Elekid, Quick Attack!"

Last edited:

Mikachu

Veteren Trainer
Years
  • Age 27
  • Cali
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024

WEpb9vd.png

|| Alister Palar ||

328MS.png
Bag_Luxury_Ball_Sprite.png

|| Route 1 ||

Sitting in the grasses of route 1, I pulled a small, leather-bound journal from the pocket of my shorts, flipping through the pages as my partner, Endor, happily ate his lunch of diced berries. Opening to the latest pages, I briefly recalled the discussion I'd had with Professor Oak about the many Pokemon of the Kanto region, specifically the single line of dragons native to the region and the, rather mysterious Pokemon Eevee. My eyes skimmed the notes I had written, taking in the information of the Pokemon.

"I wonder what caused the instability of Eevee's genetical makeup that allows it to evolve the way it does… Maybe it has to due with the Pokemon's need to adapt?"

Muttering to myself, I quickly thumbed through the next few pages that detailed attacks, abilities and evolutions of the small normal Pokemon before coming to my notes on the three Kanto Starters, Bulbasaur, Charmander and Squirtle. I went through the notes I'd written of how each of these starters differed from those native to my home region, Hoenn before flipping to the last page. Before I could begin reading, my attention was drawn away by the rustle of nearby tall grass. Beside me Endor turned, his stance changing to defensive as a Shroomish launched itself from the grass, appearing rather agitated. With a quirk of my eyebrow, I flicked my eyes around quickly finding the cause of the poor Pokemon't plight, a seemingly hungry Starly that was swooping down towards the seemingly timid grass type. Looking up at me as I stood, Endor cocked his head to the side, seemingly just as confused about the situation as I was.

"Endor, let's stop these two…"

I sighed, scratching the back of my head as my partner quickly put himself between the two. This however, didn't seter the Starly as it just began to attack, or try to attack Endor. With a quick, Rock Tomb as retaliation, Endor batted away the Starly as the Shroomish quickly scurried in my direction. Kneeling down, I picked up the timid Grass-Type, keeping my attention on Endor and the Starly.

"Endor, use Faint Attack."

I commanded, pulling a Pokeball from my belt as the Starly was knocked back.before throwing it at the now injured bird. With a few shakes, I heard the device give off a soft sort of ding before Endor grabbed it, walking back over to where I stood with the Shroomish in my arms.

"Thank you Endor."

Smiling, I affectionately rubbed the top of Endor's head before taking the Pokeball and putting it on my belt for a moment. Returning my attention once again to the Shroomish I held, I quickly examined it's injuries, noting that I should take her with me to Viridian to have a Nurse Joy check her over. I began to momentarily debate whether or not that was really a good idea as the Shroomish began to squirm around, hitting one of the empty Pokeballs on my belt. I stared, slightly dumbfounded as the Grass Pokemon went into the Pokeball before a small ding met my ears.

"Well… I guess that's a way to catch a Pokemon."

I mused, kneeling down to pull my Pokedex from my bag and skim over the information on the two Pokemon I had caught.

"Starly The Starling Pokemon: They flock in great numbers. Though small, they flap their wings with great power."

"Shroomish The Mushroom Pokemon: Shroomish live in damp soil in the dark depths of forests. They are often found keeping still under fallen leaves. This Pokémon feeds on compost that is made up of fallen, rotted leaves.

Grabbing my Journal, I flipped to a new page, quicky recording their moveset, my eyes skimming them over a few times to help me commit them to memory. Replacing the Journal in my pocket, I decided it was likely a good time to get moving. Double checking that Endor was done eating and uninjured, I picked up my messenger bag.

"Let's get going Endor."

"Tra!"

Pokemon

Spr_5b_328.png

Endor
Moveset: (egg move) Earth Power, Bite, Faint Attack, Rock Tomb, Sand Attack

Spr_5b_396_m.png

Skylar
Moveset: Tackle, Growl, Wing Attack, Quick Attack

Spr_5b_285.png

Cassia
Moveset: Absorb, Tackle, Stun Spore, Leech Seed

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
BlueStar_20px.gif
Aberdeen - Viridian City
152MS.png
060MS.png

Aberdeen and Farin finally approached Viridian City late in the afternoon. The sun was still up, but the horizon was starting to get dark and cloudy. Well, cloudy at least. There seemed to be some light coming from the city.

"Hey Farin, there's Viridian!" Deen cheered when they could see the city skyline. Not much of a skyline perhaps; there were no skyscrapers in Viridian, but it was still quite different from the forest silhouette in every other direction. "And there seems to be a festival going on!"

"Festival?" Farin said, coming up to stand next on him on the road. "I don't recall any festival in town today."

Puzzled, they didn't have more than a few seconds more to look towards the city before a whirring distant noise caught their attention. There was a helicopter hovering above the buildings. Several, actually. And...

"Is that a siren?" Deen blurted out.

At that, Farin took off, and Deen had to struggle to keep up with her. She didn't stop until they had reached the center of the city, where there was full commotion and people as well as pokémon running around on the streets.

"What is going on?" Deen panted, barely able to stand after the long sprint, and grasping Farin's shoulder for support. Good thing Chikorita and Poliwag had been in their pokéballs all this time; they would never have been able to keep up.

Somebody who was hurrying by happened to hear him. "There was a bomb! And now everything is on fire!" they shouted over their shoulder.

"Wow, what?"

"Where?" Farin called after the stranger, face flushed from the running.

"The gym!"

Deen could see the exact moment when Farin's skin changed color from flushed to deathly pale. He grabbed her shoulders and shook her to make her face him. No more chocolate pies in her eyes. They seemed more like eerie mud or something.

"Hey, are you okay? Did you... Do you know someone at the gym?" he asked her.

She nodded, and then seemed to come back to her senses. "My sister works there... My sister! I have to go there!"

She tried to break free, but what the stranger had said hadn't escaped Deen, and the red light reflected in the ominous clouds above were quite blatant.

"You heard what they said, everything is on fire! It's probably dangerous to go there!"

The look she gave him then was wild. "That stops you?"

He blinked back at her. "No. I just thought it'd stop you."

"Let's go!" she grunted, finally wrenching herself free of his grip and setting off again. Deen was right beside her this time. Danger wouldn't stop him; quite the opposite.

The stranger had been right - absolutely everything near the gym was on fire. People and pokémon were doing their best to put it out, but they looked tired and sore. Deen didn't even hesitate before bring out Poliwag to help out. The feisty creature joined some Poliwhirl and Squirtle nearby trying to extinguish an apartment building that seemed to just recently have caught fire from the nearby heat. People were still being evacuated from it. Deen noticed that he had lost track of Farin in all the commotion, and felt torn. But a child's scream made him make the choice.

It came from the third floor in the building. On a balcony, a child was trapped, light from within the apartment a telltale sign of the fire having reached the home. What must have been his father was in the street, screaming as well.

"Anybody! Can anybody help? A flying pokémon? Anyone!" he called out, whirling around trying to catch the eye of every trainer nearby. But the roar from the fire was so loud, and all the trainers who were still around seemed focused on the fire, just like Poliwag was. Only Deen heard.

The father ran up to him when their eyes met. "Please! Help! Get my son down! I don't have any pokémon who can do that!"

"I'm sorry!" Deen said, feeling terrible as the child started screaming above again. "I don't have any flying pokémon, I only have... Oh. Oh! Chikorita, come out!"

The grass type was sent out in the street, and immediately gasped at the nearby inferno. This really wasn't a nice climate for her.

"Chikorita, I'm sorry for this. But we really need your help!" Deen said, getting down on his knees in front of her. "Look up there!" He pointed at the terrified boy up on the balcony. "Can you reach him with your vine whip?"

Chikorita was nervous at the thought. That building looked hot... To hot.

"Please! I believe in you!" Deen shouted, and lifted her up in an embrace. A soft noise in his ear told him that she would try. "Thank you!"

He raised her up towards the balcony. "Vine Whip!"

The vines shot out, and for a moment's suspense, it was as if the noise from the fires stopped, as suspense built. Would she reach?

Then, after what seemed like forever, the vines wrapped around the boy's waist and pulled him down. It was shaky, and Chikorita couldn't quite control the downfall. Luckily, the father was there to catch the boy just in time.

"Thank you!" he cried as he held his weeping boy.

Deen let out a relieved breath. They had been able to do some good. But... Where had Farin gone?

x1 Scald TM
x1 Rocky Helmet

Last edited:

Mikachu

Veteren Trainer
Years
  • Age 27
  • Cali
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024

WEpb9vd.png

|| Alister Palar ||

328MS.png
396MS.png
285MS.png

|| Viridian City ||

The sun sat high in the somewhat hazy sky as I approached Viridian City. The sharp scent of smoke made my senses go on red alert.

"What in the hell happened?"

Picking up my pace, I quickly returned Endor, so as to not lose him, and broke into a run, entering Viridian City and weaving through fleeing people. The hair on the back of my neck stood on end as I saw bright flames dancing in the sky, backed by thick smoke. Turning to an onlooker I cleared my throat.

"Hey what was that building?"

I shouted, hoping to be heard over the flames and shouting of others.

"It was the gym kid. Someone planted a bomb and well, this is the result. That apartment building and some of the other surrounding structures went up in flames as well."

He replied but my attention was drawn elsewhere as I saw a young girl rush into the burning rubble of the building. Swearing under my breath I grabbed two Pokeballs from my belt before letting out Skylar and Endor.

"I'm sorry you two but rest will have to wait a bit. Skylar, take to the sky and do your best to help anyone trapped, Endor stick close to me. Someone just ran into the rubble of the gym so I'm going to need your help to smother the flames as we go in and get them and whoever they ran in there after and anyone trapped out."

Grabbing two Oran Berries from my bag as I spoke, I tossed one to each of them to give them both some needed energy and motivation. Despite a few grumbles, Skylar took to the sky quickly veering towards the burning apartment building.

"Okay Endor, let's go!"

Glancing down at my partner I nodded, making a quick beeline towards what was left of the gym, leaping over a barricade and ignoring the cries of the onlookers and police officers behind me.

Pokemon

Spr_5b_328.png

Endor
Moveset: (egg move) Earth Power, Bite, Faint Attack, Rock Tomb, Sand Attack

Spr_5b_396_m.png

Skylar
Moveset: Tackle, Growl, Wing Attack, Quick Attack

Spr_5b_285.png

Cassia
Moveset: Absorb, Tackle, Stun Spore, Leech Seed

Last edited:
Back