• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Different Starter for Ash

Verseity

Mykea
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 20, 2018
My options so far are

Shellder
Electrike
Gligar
or Spinarak

I want something from either the first three generations, I will be adding all seven generations to be obtainable, but nothing common like the original starters Zoura or Riolu. Those are over-done to death and this is not that type of fic. I want it to be unique and Ash to go off-the-beaten path to catch rare and/or unique pokemon for his team.

Vragon

So is this a reboot, alternate universe or a different journey for him?

Though as for starters, I think Gligar would be good for him. Considering how DP handled their dynamic and his Gligar was one of my faves.

Last edited:

.Eclipseon.

Ascensionverse Author
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 18, 2024
AUs have so much potential! I'm personally inclined towards the electrike, because it has greater mobility without being so crushable as the spinarak. (Shellder is a difficult species to make fully interactive because it's so stationary, and gligar has it's own concerns.)

Back