• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Icy's Custom Cards

icycatelf

Alex
Years
Icy's Custom Cards

pokemon_tcg_gb__eevee_by_karite_kita_neko-d7b3ggb.png
pokemon_tcg_gb__blissey_by_karite_kita_neko-d7b1pvb.png
pokemon_tcg_gb__dunsparce_by_karite_kita_neko-d7av5cp.png
pokemon_tcg_gb__mothim_by_karite_kita_neko-d7db1ha.png
b3ZXuA4.png
pokemon_tcg_gb__antimew_by_karite_kita_neko-d7az90p.png
pokemon_tcg_gb__joltik_by_karite_kita_neko-d7aqqsv.png
pokemon_tcg_gb__azumarill_by_karite_kita_neko-d7b6oxo.png

This is basically the same as my old thread, but the first post isn't as cluttered and it doesn't include any of my really old, terrible-quality cards. All cards posted here were made and illustrated (or sculpted) by me unless noted otherwise. I like seeing how my artwork looks on cards and make them more for artistic purposes than actual playability (as I've never played the TCG competitively). Nonetheless, I hope you enjoy my customized cards!

I don't take requests, but feel free to ask for tips.
- Featured Fakes -

See more at my DeviantArt gallery: Custom Cards/ORICAS by icycatelf

Last edited:

icycatelf

Alex
Years
Thanks!

I was personally hoping for "Mewthree," but it turned out to be a new form. It made me a little sad, but I still like its design. I think its Sugimori art far surpasses all of the other Sugimori Mewtwo art... or even the non-Sugimori art. I don't care much for the movie promotional art, though.

Last edited:
Years
Upon further reflection, that text font is very hard to read on that background. Looking at physical cards, there's not really any precedence for using any other font formatting on a full art, however.

I still prefer Mewtwo's original form, myself.

icycatelf

Alex
Years
Photoshop's strokes are funky on smaller text. I tried adding a slight Outer Glow, which I think did help, but I should have duplicated the layers to make the glow harder. I accidentally saved the merged image over the PSD, so it's difficult to go back and fix. I tried typing new text over it, but it wouldn't align just right for some reason. :/

UPDATE: Here are a couple more lesser-detailed cards...

metapod_fake_card_by_karite_kita_neko-d62wdui.png

vileplume_delta__water__by_karite_kita_neko-d62xjny.png

icycatelf

Alex
Years
I actually planned to give it even more unusual effects, similar to the Japanese-exclusive Imakuni?, Ooyama, and Hama-chan cards. Something like "attack only when you think you have to" or "draw a picture of a card and use it," but the alignment looked off, so I went for longer, slightly more realistic effects.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
In regards to the Mewtwo card, it seems like it should have been given Hurricane, since that's the event move associated with Mewtwo's release for the movie. I think the art is really nice though.

icycatelf

Alex
Years
Ah! Figured it was in that vein of cards. Captured the spirit of them pretty well.

Thanks. :)

I'm wanting to do more cards like this soon.

In regards to the Mewtwo card, it seems like it should have been given Hurricane, since that's the event move associated with Mewtwo's release for the movie. I think the art is really nice though.

To be honest, I never really paid attention to that Mewtwo event. If I had, I definitely would have considered it.

Thanks!

icycatelf

Alex
Years
Thanks!

That Gastly in the anime was also pretty broken, right? I mean, it could summon a mongoose against a snake, a fire extinguisher against a Pokémon that dies if its tail flame goes out, and could fuse two fully-evolved Pokémon together. I'd like to see how well Mewtwo could stand up to that.

It wasn't meant to be usable at all. If I ever printed it, it would probably be as a jumbo card (especially since the text would be so small if printed at regular size). Some jumbo cards have pretty broken effects.

icycatelf

Alex
Years
Thanks! :D

Paralyzing Gaze and Burrow Under are basically just powered-up versions of attacks used on official Dunsparce cards in the past, Glare and Dig. The reason for the power-up is because Dunsparce normally just requires Colorless (any) Energy, but Shining Pokémon usually require other Energy, including those not of their type. An attack with an Energy Cost of a specific type of Energy, from my observances, tends to do about 10 more damage than an attack that requires Colorless Energy. For instance, an attack with an Energy Cost of (F)(C) might do about 20 damage while an attack with an Energy Cost of (F)(F) might do about 30 damage. Something like that, anyway.

Also, this card was heavily based on Flying Pikachu (the effects of the attacks are identical).

icycatelf

Alex
Years
UPDATE: Dark Trainer cards!?

rocket_s_crest_fake_card_by_karite_kita_neko-d65eluf.png
mewtwo_s_clone_ball_fake_card_by_karite_kita_neko-d65h34b.png

Mewtwo's Clone Ball wasn't really meant to be usable. I was just wanting to reflect how it worked in the movie.

EDIT: Removed the Clone Ball because I wasn't happy with the art.

Last edited:
Back