• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wibbly wobbly timey wimey... DOCTOR WHO Fan Club

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I think Eleven should have let the Ponds be after the Christmas dinner. And instead enjoyed traveling with River as much as possible!

Then again, if he hadn't been moping around for who knows how many years after their "death" and buddied up with Vastra and the gang, maybe he wouldn't have met the 1800's Clara and been interested in her mystery and all. Unless he met her some other time. Which he surely would have.

What do you guys think of my new username btw? 8)

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
I was really confused for a moment haha. Cute tho. Makes me want to jump back to a Doctor Who theme~

Speaking of Vastra's gang though.... I'm really, really sad about what happened to Strax. He's from a militaristic race who are legit scary, was forced to be a nurse as some kind of punishment by the Doctor (never explained), is incredibly knowledgeable about war as befits his species, was a Commander- a high-ranking officer!- and just became an absolute joke. He had been proven to be highly intelligent and yet all we see the Doctor doing in S7 is insulting his intelligence, and not even in a fond way. It's absurd. Beyond even the fact that he was magically resurrected after Demon's Run for no damn reason UGH I LIKED HIM WHY DID HE HAVE TO BE RUINED

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Yeah, I don't think Ten would have acted quite the same, he was even nice to Mickey in the end. And to think he says "is this the kind of person I am, rude and not ginger?"

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
First of all i like your new name doctor! I guess it had to come to that sooner or later :P
As for Strax, i really liked his as well and Aquacorde is right about how they pretty much ruined him

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
I think the deal with Strax is like the most blatant example of Eleven's general disrespect for people tbh. Like, this is apparently the same man who cared enough to spare Strax and assign him a lifelong punishment that was actually to teach him a lesson? This is the same man who called Strax to fight for him at Demon's Run? And also, this is the same Strax who comes from a species that is proud to the point of killing at the slightest insult and he says next to nothing about the constant insults? Their interactions are just unbelievable tbh.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I kind of thought Ten was the one to make Strax a nurse. After that adventure with the foggy atmosphere, I think. But Strax might have come from somewhere else, I'm not sure it's even stated?

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
That was my idea as well, but still, same Doctor. It turns out tho that Strax was based on a character from an unused series 5 script so I guess it would have been Eleven all along? But again, same man. Same man who now insults his intelligence at every opportunity, when he knows full well that most Sontarans are highly intelligent- though said intelligence is mostly militaristic, such things can be applied outside of battle and all require advanced critical thinking.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
Been a while since I posted here. Hi all :3

In reference to Strax, I think I have some idea as to why the Doctor is always insulting his intelligence. Sontarans are genetically engineered to be the perfect soldiers, and nothing else. So like Aquacorde said, even though he may be highly intelligent, he's still clueless when it comes to basic social interactions or basically most things that don't pertain to war. For example, he still can't tell human genders apart, and he thought River's hair was part of her head xD

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
But the problem with those scripts is that... Sontarans have never been like that before. They've always had basic interactions down and they haven't ever been that ignorant. They're a military species and what do militaries do? They gather intelligence. They get to know their enemy. They may not respect their enemies, but it's not done to underestimate them. So they would know a lot about the people they interact with. It just doesn't make sense.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I pity Strax, sure, but I don't have much more to say about him.

I thought more about Ten's ending vs Eleven's btw. Eleven had lived for centuries, probably much longer than any incarnation of the Doctor before. He had saved the world, the universe, multiple times and met many people and accomplished much. He even got a kind of home, a place to be, on Trenzalore. His speech made a lot of sense. But Ten, he only got a couple of years, four or five max, right? It's really just the blink of an eye in comparison. He had reason to feel that he wasn't done yet. That he was more important than Wilfred and didn't want to go. It wasn't very vain at all, the Doctor had hardly started to fit into his Tenth incarnation. But at the same time, Ten had lived through so much sorrow with his companions, losing Rose and Donna and in a way Martha. He had seen so much in his few years, so maybe he did need to regenerate in order to finally let things go. That's why Eleven fits as the man who forgets. He meets completely new allies and has totally new adventures. While Ten kept the ones Nine had discovered, because as Nine he was still recovering from the time war and as Ten he took the form he needed to grow strong again, finally turning into the more carefree Eleven.

I'm not sure I'll cope with Twelve being so old looking ;; gone be my Doctor/Clara ideas. Still shipping Rose with him forever though, so. 8)

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
Yea, I legit felt sorry for 10. It really felt like his time was cut short, more so than 8, 9, or 11. I practically broke a tear when he said "I don't want to go". And he suffered so much loss for how short his regeneration cycle was. After how heartbreaking 10's story was, it was actually refreshing to see that 11 lived a really fulfilled and happy life, and even died of old age rather than a Dalek gunshot.

Also, I feel the same way about 12. I don't mind that he's old, so much as I'm sad that Doctor x Clara will never happen :(

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
11/Clara was half-canon already, I mean O.o In a short, he said that Clara was "perfect for me in every way" or something like that, while she said "don't fall in love with him" and "sometimes I [do that] twice a day". So aaah they're turning him old just to avoid another Doctor/Rose relationship. I mean, the only way to make Rose stay away from him was to seal her off in a separate universe and eventually make a clone of the Doctor to give some closure for our bleeding, screaming hearts xD

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
I actually love how the Doctor x Rose arc ended. The Metacrisis Doctor has all of their memories together, and they can actually settle down and grow old together. For me that was like, closure x10 ^^

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Yeah, I have to bitterly agree. I sat through S3 with too much Rosefeels to fully appreciate Martha, even though I did think she was pretty cool after a while, because the S2 ending was seriously the most heartbreaking thing I've watched on television. Including when Buffy dies in Buffy The Vampire Slayer lol. I seriously can't think of any other TV show episode that has made me cry that much, haha. I'm just really glad that they stuck Rose into S4 and did what they did. They should have included the deleted scene where Tentoo receives a coral from the TARDIS though~ Buuut, we have fanfiction to deal with couldhavebeens and shouldhavebeens. So it was honestly the best thing they could have done for Rose, given the nature of her relationship with the Doctor.

I'm curious - how did people feel about Doctor/River? Their story and their relationship. Was it love? Not starting a shipping war, I just wonder what others think about them before I spill my own thoughts :3

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Hey guys, i guess most of the things that can be said about Rose/10 have been mentioned, so ill just say i agree with Sopheria and Doctor (:

As for River, i think her relationship with the Doctor is very interesting and maybe the most "special" out of all.
The first time we get to see her is very confusing, even for the Doctor, which is something that doesnt happen too often. I love how they compare diaries whenever they meet, and everytime River pops up in an episode i catch myself cracking a smile. I honestly dont know if i woould call their relationship "love" though...they are really fond if each other, yes, and even get married, sure, but i dont know. I think i would rather call it very deep companionship.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I think i would rather call it very deep companionship.
Something like this, yeah! Because they met a long time ago, for Doctor when he was still in his Tenth regeneration and for River when she was pretty much a teenager (Mels). Their relationship is so special because of Amy and Rory imo, not because there's necessarily true attraction between them. It's fun watching them banter and flirt. But ever since I heard spoilers about them getting married, since before I started S5 even, I was kind of hoping for something more though. They didn't have to marry when they did, it felt to me like something the Doctor did just to give River courage and hope to go through with what she needed to do (even though she knew he wouldn't die anyways, so um). I think the whole idea with River and reverse timestream was amazing, but could have been executed in S6 just a liiiittle bit better :]

Are there canon stories somewhere about the Doctor and River's adventures together after Angels take Manhattan, btw? I mean, they have to have traveled together in the same direction for some time after that, until the singing towers. Right?

EDIT: btw this was legit me ._.

Spoiler:

EDIT2: oh no I started browsing doctorwhofandom gifs and found this. gonna pretend it's not Billie and David but Rose and Doctor. /creepyfan1

tumblr_mws5ouLoPg1qgs4sno3_250.gif

Last edited:

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
Wow Doctor you creep, haha!

The short "Rain Gods" was after Angels Take Manhatten. Gosh that was a great short. I love river, it didn't always feel amazing like Eleven/Clara did (atleast to me). But River is a great character and her relationship was fun.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
So I ran into a thing on tumblr that prompted me to actually look up an article... and apparently Matt Smith was surprised at the regeneration scene that was actually used? [x] Spoilers for Christmas Special ofc.

Spoiler:

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
I thought it was weird too. After all the epic build up he just snapped his head back and boom, 11->12. That was a little anti-climactic. But it was a good episode regardless. Still, now hearing that they did several different takes I wonder why they chose that one.

Back