• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: [Hack of the Year 2017] - Pokémon Orange (GBC) [Movie 2000 Edition] (Fin)

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
How are you implementing Crystal Onix? Whatever you're doing to differ it from regular Onix, there are a few routines you can edit to special-case that Onix as a different type (Rock/Ice?). Those are: battle/core.asm: InitBattleMon (where it sets BattleMonType1), InitEnemyMon (where it sets EnemyMonType1), LoadEnemyMon (where it sets EnemyMonType1), and text/types.asm: PrintMonTypes (where it sets BaseType1 via GetBaseData).

In the anime, Water type attacks are resisted by the Crystal Onix, which would make this Onix Steel type, I suppose. You'll have to tell me more in detail on Discord.

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2020
I played the Alpha, loved it! It's a pretty darn legit feeling Pokemon game!

Here are some suggestions/bugs:

When you assign the Town Map to the select button and open it with select and close it, this happens:
QYB5Z14.png

Also this is just my opinion, but these vine sprites or whatever they are kinda look really out of place. They don't really tile very well and just look pretty unappealing.

1OZkuY2.png

Just something about them that looks wrong. It makes the entire overworld look a messy to me.

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
Thanks for that, Freako. I've added a temporary fix for that now.

Entire OI story is written, I'll post it as an attachment but be warned there are spoilers. Keep in mind a lot is subject to change but this is what I'll be going with for now.

Attachments

• ideas.txt
    9 KB · Views: 29

Mikachu

Veteren Trainer
Years
  • Age 27
  • Cali
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
Have to say, I'm keeping an eye on this one. Over all it looks to be a very promising hack :)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen yesterday
I hope you have plans to change the Orange Crew's battle theme. It kinda was awkward to listen to the Johto Gym battle theme in this alpha. Beyond that, you made a lot of progress and I hope it gets completed as I read the notes and that's a lot to put in a hack.

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
I hope you have plans to change the Orange Crew's battle theme. It kinda was awkward to listen to the Johto Gym battle theme in this alpha. Beyond that, you made a lot of progress and I hope it gets completed as I read the notes and that's a lot to put in a hack.

Will do once I have a suitable replacement, same goes for other Johto music.

Mr.Mako

Resident Edgelord Troll
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 10, 2023
This hack gets more impressive the more you show stuff off.

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
Next batch of maps are in game, now for buildings and scripting.

Quick question for you all, would you prefer regular releases with every couple of islands or would you prefer long waits for larger releases?

Hiroshi Red

Kanto Region Champion
Years
Hello, Pia! I just currently gotten into your 2nd Alpha of Orange. It's pretty amazing. Is it okay to do a "Let's Play," on youtube?

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
Hello, Pia! I just currently gotten into your 2nd Alpha of Orange. It's pretty amazing. Is it okay to do a "Let's Play," on youtube?

That's absolutely fine, I can send you a version with fixed alolan form movesets and wingull movesets when I get home a bit later.

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Next batch of maps are in game, now for buildings and scripting.

Quick question for you all, would you prefer regular releases with every couple of islands or would you prefer long waits for larger releases?

I think regular releases would be the best choice, if you're okay with it. Bugs/errors would be spotted more frequently (if there are) and the end result would be perfect.

Years
I think regular releases would be the best choice, if you're okay with it. Bugs/errors would be spotted more frequently (if there are) and the end result would be perfect.

On top of this notion, by doing this, as people play through the alphas we can suggest different/alternative takes on ideas implemented and helping find that perfect difficulty scale.

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
On top of this notion, by doing this, as people play through the alphas we can suggest different/alternative takes on ideas implemented and helping find that perfect difficulty scale.

I agree with that sentiment, thanks for you input everyone!

This also, in the unlikely case I disappear or quit, gives people the most content possible to reference from for their own hacks.

I spent the last couple of days binging dragon ball super but now that I'm caught up I can do some more work on this xD

Back