• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Catch 'Em All Club!

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
Catch 'Em All Club!
Make a cool looking thread.
Hi friends! I'm attempting to complete the Pokédex for the first time in Pokémon Sun, and I think it might be nice to have a club to discuss our progress and share some tips! So here we are! Whether you - like me - have only completed the dex once, or if you're a veteran in the practice, feel free to join up if you'd like to participate in discussions!

Signup Form:
Name/Nickname:
Current Progress:
Any other information you'd like to include:

The signup form is, incidentally, just a suggestion, feel free to include as many or few details as you like. There's no need to be super formal about it imo ^^

Current Topic: How is completing the dex in Sun / Moon going? Are you finding it more or less fun than previous generations? If you've already completed it, how long did it take you?

That is all! I don't think we need a concise set of rules for this thread, just don't be a dick and remember that PokéCommunity Global Rules as well as Pokémon Gaming Central's rules apply to all clubs, obviously.

CSS by Achromatic

Last edited:

Abby

#freecoffee
Years
Name/Nickname: Abby
Current Progress: 1 Pokémon, currently in the process of beating the game to get something high leveled.
Any other information you'd like to include: Planning on having a living dex of Forms, Gender diffrences and others.

blue

gucci
Years
sign me up! i'm definitely trying to achieve this in my sun version and it seems to be going well so far. i'll edit in the exact figures tomorrow, but i do know that i've caught almost every mon that's available to me at my current stage in the game. 8)

Name/Nickname: Blue
Current Progress:

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
So, I am currently at 54%! It's been slow going because I'm super used to barely catching anything in my playthroughs and catching everything I see feels super alien to me. I transferred every Pokémon I had from X and AS but that wasn't a huge help given how few Pokémon I had in those games.

Still, there's no rush! I'm enjoying this so far.

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
This sounds cool. I'm assuming this isn't strictly about Sun/Moon and we can discuss other games too?

Name/Nickname : ShyRayq
Current Progress : 801/802
Any other information you'd like to include: Living Dex, just the basic form.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
This sounds cool. I'm assuming this isn't strictly about Sun/Moon and we can discuss other games too?

Name/Nickname : ShyRayq
Current Progress : 801/802
Any other information you'd like to include: Living Dex, just the basic form.
This isn't the Sun & Moon forum, so feel free to discuss any Pokémon game! (:

And wow, good work mate. I seriously doubt I'd ever have the patience to do a living dex.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
Very looking forward to this weekend as I'll hopefully be able to catch a bunch more Pokémon! I stopped just wandering around and catching Pokémon that way, I've just been catching them in approximately Dex order while watching netflix all day, and it is a lot of fun ahaha.

How are the rest of you doing?

ShyRayq

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Well, thanks to shenanigans, I managed to complete the pokedex in both Leaf Green and Emerald. I never noticed that Emerald had so many 1-2% pokemon like Cacnea and Chimecho. Also, it has like no good places to grind aside from the Elite Four which is boring to go through.

The Johto starters and Beasts are definitely a pain, requiring a minimum of 2 restarts and too many trades.

Anyway, my next project is Platinum. I managed to get Feebas easily, thankfully. I'm not looking forward to Munchlax.

Abby

#freecoffee
Years
Well, I should be starting my catches today!

I've even devised a checklist of sorts^^

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 19, 2019
Yay, a fanclub befitting me!

Name/Nickname: BlazingCobaltX
Current Progress: 31 Pokémon left on Diamond dex

I don't have Sun or Moon; I only have the games up to BW. I'm planning to complete the Pokédex on at least one game per generation, including event legendaries. I bought FireRed and Colosseum already to help me with this, but at the moment I want to complete it on Diamond first because I'm closest to the goal on there. After that the next game will probably be Yellow. I have no interest in creating a living dex... As of yet.

Pokémon left to catch on Diamond:
Spoiler:

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
Yay, a fanclub befitting me!

Name/Nickname: BlazingCobaltX
Current Progress: 31 Pokémon left on Diamond dex

I don't have Sun or Moon; I only have the games up to BW. I'm planning to complete the Pokédex on at least one game per generation, including event legendaries. I bought FireRed and Colosseum already to help me with this, but at the moment I want to complete it on Diamond first because I'm closest to the goal on there. After that the next game will probably be Yellow. I have no interest in creating a living dex... As of yet.

Pokémon left to catch on Diamond:
Spoiler:
Nice work! Diamond is quite fun, though I've never tried to complete a dex in that game. Good luck on the last few! And oh man Munchlax is gonna be a nightmare :p

Added you to the members list too.

Abby

#freecoffee
Years
Today I started my catching checklist! I caught a bunch of grass encounters in Mele Mele (+extra for evolutions) and made a start on the fishing/surfing.
Overall I'm about 12% in the Alolan Dex.

ShyRayq

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I guess my motivation is the feeling of completion. Just working hard at something and seeing it finish just makes me feel good. It's probably my main reason for playing the Pokemon games.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
I really want a Shiny Charm ahhaha. That was the biggest motivator. I guess also, it's just something new to try! Despite having played the games for ages I realized I'd never even tried completing one of the main goals of the franchise, so... why not give it a try? (:

Abby

#freecoffee
Years
While a shiny charm is a nice bonus, I just like the idea of looking through the pokedex in a unique way.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 19, 2019
I like the idea of completing something that big, but I haven't been actively pursuing it since shortly. I was always catching as many Pokémon available anyways so I figured I should make dex completion my goal. It's also very challenging but doable on your own.

Nice work! Diamond is quite fun, though I've never tried to complete a dex in that game. Good luck on the last few! And oh man Munchlax is gonna be a nightmare :p

Added you to the members list too.
It is still my first save from almost 10, I ought to finish something on there now. :') I think I'll breed for Munchlax, gotta migrate Snorlax from LeafGreen first.

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
Years
  • Age 42
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 9, 2021
Name/Nickname: Oblox
Current Progress: 796/802
Had a complete living dex since Pokemon White, just been topping stuff up since then. Working my way through moon now for my last few. I'm a big breeder too so living dex is not so bad for me and i'm constantly replacing my caught pokemon with new pokemon I breed up so might one day have a 5/6IV living dex!
I just wish you could breed legendaries, but at least now there's hyper training for those.

I like the shiny charm but generally dont care about shinies only ever really wanted 2 (Charizard and Greninja) would prefer something for the regional dex and something else for National dex completion. I hate that SuMo dont have the national dex in game, really odd decision to only have it as part of bank.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
Name/Nickname: Dizzard
Current Progress: I just completed the Alolan pokedex earlier today. So I'm focused on the pokebank national dex now. As of now I'm at 720/802 pokemon caught and 795/802 pokemon seen.

I haven't completed the pokedex since HGSS but I still catch/evolve a fair number of Pokemon each gen, so it's added up.

I love the addition of the pokebank national dex. It means we won't have to catch/evolve Pokemon all over again just to fill another national dex each gen. It should make it easier for everyone to work on their national dex.

ShyRayq

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Started catching things in Platinum. Managed to get every honey tree pokemon except for Munchlax, its just a waiting game now.

So far I've gotten all the way up to Fuego Ironworks, and I've already got around 3-4 boxes full of pokemon. Gonna get lots of night-exclusive pokemon before continuing.

Back